Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb Merc helm questions

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by batuchka, Jun 2, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Barb Merc helm questions

Ok lets say i have a +3 Combat Skills barb helm of the whale and slap it on a barb merc. Since barb merc uses bash/stun would that helm synergise those skills (and merc does more dmg) or do only +barb skill (not tree) work? Also i have not used Delirium yet but does a barb merc turn into a bone fetish and still attack monsters with bash/stun?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

No. First, skill bonuses don't improve synergy effects. Second, mercs don't benefit from bonuses to skill classes or skills applied to a single class and IIRC they even don't benefit from bonuses to single skills, even if it's bash or stun in your case (although I'm not sure about the latter). They only get bonuses to skills for anybody (e.g. from a shako).

You can consider his class as being "act 5 merc", not "barbarian" with the special ability to be able to wear barb helms, but not being able to benefit from their additional abilities :lol:

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Say what?

So, Blizzard has done a complete turn around? They said before that the Act Five mercenaries counted as Barbarians in all respects. WTF is the use of finding an ethereal Demonhorn's Edge?

4. batuchka

Gee thanks for the reply and thats a pity :( So this also means that a barb helm with lvl x charges of concentrate would not synergise with a barb merc's bash/stun as concentrate is supposed to give more AR to these attacks? Wow this is really helpful as i saw earlier discussions on Act 2 mercs and some of us aren't sure if +3 offensive auras circlets boost the merc's might aura! So its good to clear that up hehe. Personally though if ever a new patch comes up Blizz has to fix the way Act 5 Barb mercs work as they are at the region which serves as the last stonghold against Baal and Worldstone! Maybe have a defensive (double throw), combat (concentrate/stun) and offensive (WW) and instead of auras they cast BO,WC,BC,Shout, etc :p Also they could equip anything - sword/sheild, axes, polearms, etc!

5. YellowDyeNo5

YellowDyeNo5 IncGamers Member

A2 mercs don't get +class or tree skills. Barb mercs are barbs in all respects last I checked (they can equip barb helms), and they used to get skill bonuses from barbarian items. Not sure about tree bonuses.

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

+to bash or stun would boost their skills, but unfortunately these can't spawn on barb helms anymore.

YellowDyeNo5: Just like +amazon skills working on act1 mercs. It no longer happens.

7. batuchka

Hi guys i just returned to the game last week and guess what i found this patch? A barb helm with +WW :p Linky :

[img=http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1138/freak11barbhelmnz2.th.png]

I am so amazed to finally find one spawning a barb combat skill with my mf summon necro :p This dropped from some uniq council member off Hell Durance 3