Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb leveling pains

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Phantasy, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

Barb leveling pains

:grrr: Is it just me, or does obtaining a lvl higher than 84 seem impossible?? I come on to play for maybe 1 1/2 hours a day. It took just that time to gain to lvl 84 in full hell baal runs. I just don't feel encouraged to go on today and lvl to 85, not to mention in full baal games most open a tp at the baal run and everyone dies thx to those lightning guyz, I now wait to go in till it appears noone will die :evil: .

My point is, are baal runs the only way to level effectively and is lvling past 84 really worth it??

2. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Wait till you play a mmorpg. If you think 1.5 hrs to gain a level is bad, try EQ or Dark Age of Camelot. At higher levels in those games, it takes days played to even gain one level. :lol:

D2 leveling is a cakewalk once you realize how easy it is.

3. boochie61

boochie61 IncGamers Member

Phantasy, what are your resists at. I haven't any trouble at all getting to 85+ on my 13 ladder patriarchs/matriarchs (ive got 2 barbs, an elemental druid, and zealot that high already). I'm guessing (i could be wrong) that since the gloams and souls are hurting you so much that your resists arent very good. No one ever worried about resists in 1.09 (I have a 95 axe barb where he only has one resist over 60) The first thing I do after I decide to build a character is look at what I need to get perfect resists (charms, ammys, rings, exc...) and then I begin gathering what I need to make it all work. If that isn't the case, then maybe your point distribution isn't high enough in vitality or something. Everyone dies in sc eventually, just try to minimize the reason you are dying. You think thats bad wait till you make ** and hit the wall. It took me about 4 days to make 89.

4. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

My res are 75 all around, just have to get absorb I guess with more Vitality. I know D2 leveling is easy, but it is just darn boring lolz. With most RPGs you quest and level as you go, usually attaining a max level towards the end of the game. In D2 you can end the game solo at lvl 80 against baal in hell, with 19 more lvls that take forever lolz. I guess going past 85 is really only useful for PvP. And the reason gloams poof me is I need more light absorb in those 8 player games when full. There's just gotta be a more fun way of leveling then just baaly runs :cheesy:

5. boochie61

boochie61 IncGamers Member

the exp on diablo runs is almost as high at the levels your at. Also, I seem to get some decent leveling done while running from the ancients wp as well, and crystaline, although both have gloams there as well. My thrower have no absorb at all but can stand and chuck while getting hit, and normally kills them before they kill me. The souls and gloams have almost no hit points so I try to kill them quickly before they get off. On my barbs (especially my 85 singer) I leap attack to the middle and just start picking off the electrical baddies. I don't get hit while in the air, so I only have to worry about whats on the ground.
    My 85 axe barb (sorry I forgot to mention this one in my first post, so I have one more 85) uses the disciple set and has never died yet from gloams, although until I get off my fat butt and mule my mess reaver over my conc is too slow. Actually thats a whole different discussion of hellslayer vs. messerschmidts. I'm sure both hals and all the other baba fans will chime in on that.
    Ok darn, I like the elemental and the life boost from the hellslayer, even if it is slower than mud.

6. Hatebreed.

Hatebreed. IncGamers Member

the best way to lvl (u MUST have nice frends to do this) is get rushed form lvl 1 to hell, and od bloody foothill runs, they did it in 36 hours to lvl 99, another good place to lvl is the pits (plus mfing) its in the tamoe highlands

7. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

The best way to deal with Souls is in Halciets Conc guide, spam taunt on all the souls around you and the pesky critters stop shooting and glide straight over to you to be put out of their misery. This work really well as long as you can stand people shouting 'don't use taunt' at you cos they dont understand :thumbsup: