Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb Leap Attack lockup

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Howitzer Al, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Howitzer Al

Howitzer Al IncGamers Member

Barb Leap Attack lockup

Hey all,

I've never seen this posted on any forum that I've checked, so I thought I'd get the word out--especially for anyone who plays Barbs that use Leap Attack quite a bit (like me).

After a bit of playing, Leap Attack would stop working. Usually when I would try to LA out of a mob. I'd click LA and my barb would turn to the direction I pointed and just stand there. Battle fatigue? :lol: Leap and all of my other skills would work, just not LA. The only way to fix it was to exit out to the main Diablo screen and restart the game.

I got a response from Blizzard support about it. They say that sometime if you LA right when you are hit it will lock up the skill. They know about it and are working on it. Patch 1.11 maybe??

I play D2X v1.10 on a Mac running Panther, BTW.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

because its a form of attack (even if your going to go somewhere where theres no monsters) if your beign attacked, stunned, or in hit recovery, you cannot leap attack. same for leap.

3. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I think he means that it kills the skill and makes it unusable for the duration of the game. That's really weird. I know that this is probably unrelated, but there was a charge bug similar to that, except that it locked you in place. It could be fixed by hitting your weapon switch key--any chance that works? I figure you've tried it already, but, if not, maybe this'll do it.

All hail Panther! :) (fellow Mac user)

4. Howitzer Al

I guess I should have said that once LA locked up during a battle, it stays locked up. Not just during the battle, but for the rest of the game.

edit: wildjinn beat me to it

5. Howitzer Al

Hey wildjinn,

I don't remember if I've tried a weapon switch or not. I think I have, but I can't swear to it. I'll try that next time it happens. The Blizzard support guy was under the impression that you couldn't clear the lockup except by exiting the game, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

G5 1.8GHz dualie--making you jealous at all? ;)

6. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

Ran into this problem once with my LA barb. I did try weapon switch but no cigar there. The only way to fix it is to leave the game.

7. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

Well, I *was* going to answer your question by telling you that this exact thing started happening to me after I upgraded my 450 MHz G4 to Panther, but now that you have fessed up to your uber-equipment, I am too jealous... :teeth:

Cheers!
    Burke

8. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Happens to me, but not on LA

I was going to post something similar that has happened to me a few times. I've been in the middle of a melee, when all of a sudden my barb freezes. He just stands there and gets hit, my merc still kills. I can't weapons switch, all that works is the mouse over, can't even drink a potion. It has only happened on a Pindle MFing run, no where else. Sometimes after a few secs it will unfreeze, if not all I can do is mouse to the save game and exit and try again.

9. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

God, I hate you. ;)

Not really. That's a freakin' sweet machine, though. Have you XBenched it? I'd love to see how hard it spanks my G4 2x450. :lol:

oh. and /hijack. :p

10. Araknis

Araknis IncGamers Member

All kneel before the power of G3

Hmmm... I'm still stuck with a G3 400 MHz desktop and a G3 800 MHz iBook... so, no I'm not jealous at all :scared:

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

mines a 1.4GHz, so im not that jelous, it can handle any game i throw at it (except morrowind sometimes, but thats a graphics card issues)

12. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

I also had the Leap Attack lock-up. I leaped into the middle of a bunch of enemies in the RoF, by the edge of the lava. I couldn't leap away anymore. After I killed all the enemies, I still couldn't leap attack (regular leap still worked I think). I had to exit the game to fix it.

Another new problem that occurs in 1.10 is that I am sometimes displaced behind clickable items (like stash). After clicking them, I wind up on the other side. Locked myself behind a weapon stand in a Kurast house that way once.

13. Howitzer Al

Yeah, I upgraded from a G3 350MHz (didn't even have a CD burner on that thing). One heckuva speed difference!