Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BARB is the first 99 in Hardcore ladder!!! WHOOOOOO

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Flanker, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

BARB is the first 99 in Hardcore ladder!!! WHOOOOOO

guess what guys check out asia 3 realm first hardcore ladder player to ever reach 99 is BARB!! weee

since barbs were always my favorite chracters in any patch, i consider this a great joy.
    even though pally was first to get to 99, it is Hardcore that trully counts!

i bet that pally on europe died sever times when getting rushed but HC is for pros.

go check out his name is HFC-BARB

2. Snow_Man_UK

Snow_Man_UK IncGamers Member

Way to go! Barbs have been nerfed ever since classic, so a great achievement. I have played a few high level barbs with my latest a frenzy 1.10 characture (non ladder). Although not my favorite characture (that being the challenge of the necro) it is time to make a hc conc barb.

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Yeah, this is kind of an awsome "in your face" to all thoes who say "barbs suck since 1.10" Way to go. I Play sins, zons & barbs. But Barb will always be my favorite. I still have my first barb that I created the first day classic came out.. he sucks of corse, but it's just cool to still have my same character after like 4 years.. :)

4. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

well i find the main problem with the barb in 1.10 is not staying alive , but killing quickly. My conc-er is nigh unkillable. He died only twice solo-ing hell. One was to iron maiden the other was to that fire enchant bugged ancients

5. squigipapa

I donno man, I have a lvl 80 IK barb, and I kill super, super fast! He's a ww/conc barb and I blast through anything, I mean, hell andarial is like 30 seconds, hell meph took less than a minute, I'm doing almost 7k dmg with my might merc when I use concentrate and almost 6k on Whirlwind. I have like 3.3k life and like 11k AR. I have no problems with killing speed .. a complete pit run (total clear 1st & 2nd lvl killing everything) takes me like 10-15 minutes depending on how fast I find the pit. If you're having problems killing, what kind of dmg are you doing? What's your AR? What sort of equiptment are you using? etc.

6. eon

eon IncGamers Member

lol i play on asia3
    hfc stands for heroes from china ^^
    its a hc clan..... theres tons of them on the hc ladder

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

woah...uh....hardcore.
    :D

8. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Dude that's really slow. I mean really slow compare to many other classes. Even a dual tree sorc (say meteorb) can kill hell andy in 5 seconds (since she's -50 fire res), and the same sorc can kill meph in less than 20 seconds. Pit runs only takes 5 minutes max. Barb sucks when compare to others in terms of killing power.

9. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Why am I not surprised that the first 99 on HC is on the Asia realm...? :p

10. SeraphimSilver

SeraphimSilver IncGamers Member

Although a sorc kills faster, a MF barb will find more items then a sorc.
    More Possible MF and 2 Chances at Drops (Find Item).

11. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

oh i have no problems with low-player games with like a few people. I just tank and in a few hits things die, its those huge 8 player baal runs that take a while. I guess im used to my old retired titan from 09 slaughtering everything in 1 hit

12. wind

wind IncGamers Member

I'm a big barb fan, your post shows something.

I play numerous other builds. Finding the pit?' ... 1 minute tops... A FO/Meteor sorc (less than a minute, constant) can tear through the pit in 4-6 minutes. Meph runs, not including finding the dang entrance... 20 seconds.

BUT!

There's more to in in multiplay.

The way I see it, a good WW barbs the best thing to last hit kill Listers' group and stay alive. Big bonus there.

13. ColorWolf

ColorWolf IncGamers Member

Not to instigate flame or something but that is a VERY VERY OLD news... I posted about this in the community forum like a month ago:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=136418

Check the date i posted that thread.

edit 2: by the way i think the link in that thread was tooooo old that bnet deleted it...

edit 3: I think HFC hitted lvl 99 1 day before i posted that thread.. so that makes it 2/11/04. I was actually suprise d2.net post this soooooooooo long time afterward.

14. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Seems in that other thread on these boards, no where does it mention anything about HFC being a barb. How is that old?

15. squigipapa

OK, perhaps I should have been clearer, I hork every body on the ground .. so in essance the 10-15 minute pit run with my barb is 2 runs in one. I'm also a huge fan of gold and gambeling, so I'm constantly tp'ing back to town to sell blue elites. I basically fill up my tp tome every run .. so I don't know .. I find 10-15 minutes not too bad.

16. wind

wind IncGamers Member

I also believe faster isn't always better as well, though it has it's uses. And many things are relative. My berserker kills every normal monster in 1 or 2 hits in the pit, however it has to be done one at a time. My sorc downs whole mobs but may take numerous castings in several directions. Basically I could say my barb will kill one monster super fast, compared to the sorc who takes a little longer to kill the whole group. :scratch:

17. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

and now dr00ds are gonna come and overpower you guys :uhhuh:

I think its odd that the first hc level 99 would be on asia realm

18. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I've never been a huge fan of the barb class, even back in 1.09 with my MF WW'er, who did OK with hell Meph runs, so you'll pardon me if I don't share the enthusiasm of this 'blessed event'.

15 minutes, even with Horking and such is a looonnng time for a pit run and nothing I'd be touting to impress. Re: killing speed and ability. 4-6k damage is good, but if you're only dishing it out to 1 target at a time, especially for act 1 monsters, it's a bit overkill for one target and oh so tedious and slooooww. My Chainorb can do alot more damage (CL x multiple hits) and clear the entire screen, plus most things off-screen in the time it takes a WW or Conc to hit maybe 3 targets.

My Zon, Meteorb, ChainOrb, Bonemancer...heck, even my Javazon can clear the Pit in just about 5 minutes, and that includes collecting gold and rares for selling. Yea, barbs can hork, and attain more MF, but in the 15 minutes you take to do a single run, with a higher MF that adds maybe another 3-5% to the chances of something dropping, I can do a Pit run, Andy, Frigid Highlands, Travincal and maybe a Meph if the map is a short one. Or about 3 Pit runs.

As stated earlier...i've never been a huge fan of the barb class, though I'm always open to try anything new, hence I'll be working on an IK Whirler soon enough. I like a challenge, and I'm sure he'll present one...least till I get bored of WWing my way through 3 diff's.

I'm glad that a barb has reached lvl 99 on HC ladder...but really, all it means is some dip with way too much time on his hands has spent maybe just a little too much time on Bnet. Even more time if he's a Conc'er :innocent:

Probably hung back during Hell Baal runs, like I see most barbs doing in HC and SC.

-X

19. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Magic find runs can get pretty boring after a while. The way I see it, if there's anything you can do to make them more fun go for it, even if it costs you some speed. I have an insanely fast MeteOrb sorc MFer (502% mf) and in the past I had a Botd WW MFer (780% mf with and without find item). In the end I really can't say one is superior to the other all things considered. It's a game, so the fun factor does count imho. Btw, if the barb uses WW and very high faster r/w, I don't think sorcs have a very big speed advantage. Find item is a poweful equalizer.

20. squigipapa

alright.. I'm not gonna defend barbs in the barb forum. All of these points about barbs could be argued for ever, back and fourth. So lets forget my first comment and allow me to start over and say what I should have said originally.

So... to the original post, Congrats! The first character to make it to 99 hardcore is quite an accomplishment. I'm glad it happened to a barb, as barbs have always been my favorite class to play.
    Later,
    Squigi