Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb IK set build Question's!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Master-S.T-, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Master-S.T-

Master-S.T- IncGamers Member

Barb IK set build Question's!

hey..master s.t here...anyways...
    i foudn the conc build on the net...love it...my build is pretty complete-
    20 conc
    20 Battle Order's
    15-Bash
    etc...and well anyways i was wondering if i through the IK set on him...would it work...with conc....as my main skill...or should i put a point in WW...or more..? i dono pretty confused..i just wanna know if this build will work
    ( ladder) ...
    thanks for any help-

2. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

I was originally building a conc hammer barb when i finally found the armor to complete the set. I hadn't really invested much in conc so i let the skill points rack up in reserve til i donned the full set. Looked thru some of the posts here and did some experimenting and came to the quick conclusion that WW is the way to go when using IK.
    Now, conc may very well work for you so i'm not saying it won't ... it's just that it can be quite slow going one monster at a time and a maxed WW IK barb is an absolute blast to play (for me at least).

btw, I woudn't recommend putting 1 point in WW; even with +skills you still really need to get it =>20 to get a decent enough damage and AR boost.

3. Master-S.T-

well?

well lets say ....a conc ww combo ..would that work? ill stop saving skills fo r a mastery if i have to maxx ww.... or....what woudl be better....keepin it a conc....try to go for IK....keep it conc..and screw IK....put rest of points in ww...till maxxed...and the worry about weapon mastry? damn im gettin confused any one know what im trying to get at... ?

4. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

Then you're hurting your mastery.
    Kinda like if it ain't one thing it's another?
    Some folks say that maxing a mastery is not that big a deal, as the bonuses provided aren't all that necessary for maxing, while others say that maxing your chosen mastery is crucial as the bonuses gained, whether modest or not, are absolutely required. I tend to fall in with the latter but I'm maxing my mastery last (almost there).
    Most of the builds I've seen generally go with one dedicated combat skill (WW, Frenzy, Conc, Zerk ...) while taking advantage of any related synergies.
    Have you read thru Hal's Conc Guide? Definate must read.
    The primary problem with 'dual-skilling' as it were, especially with IK is 2-fold -
    1. As I've seen commented on many times, most barbs are generally going to use one particular combat skill most of time anyway.
    2. For IK especially, the maul really doesn't have enough juice to effectively go one-on-one with monsters in hell that have hit points in 5 figures (some 6) range (even with CB and elemental and magic damage).

If it were me, and my barb was already heavily invested in conc, I would've started a new one for IK and kept the original one straight conc.

5. Master-S.T-

-

That was the build i was using...the conc one..but i dono...i still got levels left...from quest's etc..and im only 67....so i think i might be able to maxx ww and decent on a mastery...or should i just keep it a stricked conc...
    to me...tis a lil boring?

6. TheZealot

TheZealot IncGamers Member

does crushing blow work on ww?

7. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Yes

I am lengthing my post. Stupid admins. Horrible rules.:lol: Horrible forums:lol: I'm never coming back:lol: