Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

barb find item question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Crimson_Gamer, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Crimson_Gamer

Crimson_Gamer IncGamers Member

barb find item question

Does mf count towards wat items you find with find item?
    And wat are the chances of you actually finding a unique compared to killing?
    Would you guys recommend it for mfing?

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Find item adds it's magic find bonus to your current magic find, thereby theoretically increasing your chances. From time to time I run the pit with a WW barb. I have a single point invested to find item (returns at high levels make it almost pointless to max) and I have horked up some decent items. Item find, more or less, provides you with a second chance to "kill" the monster.

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

find item doesnt have mf, the % on find item skill is the chance of the corpse actually dropping something. Then your normal mf helps making it set/rare :). My friend and I did some Pitruns (me sorc, he barb, both had skullders :)) and while we didnt find anything when we killed the monsters, he horked a Gris helm from a dead boss. Not a superfind, but it indicates you should really use it. If you dont wanna spend skillpoints, use a Gull dagger+that one uniqe exceptional dirk that gives +to find item

4. Saidinhc

Saidinhc Spirit of Wars Guildmaster

I'd use a heart carver and an isted ali for horking on weapon switch. I'd even go as far as saying don't worry about the extra %mf and just dual wield heart carvers (for a +6 total to the item find). Can ist those things if you feel the need.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Heart carver gives +4 to find item (see here). Even then I would use two echoing weapons, as these give a bonus to any warcries. Around a hundred visits at Larzuk or 10-20 pgems will give you two.

Regarding mf weapons: The boost for the chance to get a second drop from echoing weapons or heart carvers will probably give you more good stuff than mf from an Ali Baba, except you have put more than one point into find items (which I don't recommend) or you have very high bonuses to skills from other equipment (so the diminishing returns from find items would give you less good stuff than the diminishing returns from mf).