Barb fights on video

mcm

Banned

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
all i can say is wow.

firstly, did you ever lose? or is bvc just that good vs casters?
secondly, you have some sick charms

mcm

Banned
sequoia said:
all i can say is wow.

firstly, did you ever lose? or is bvc just that good vs casters?
secondly, you have some sick charms
Of course.. one time I tried to start a ww, but kept single swinging at a golem, which slowed me, while I was decrepped, then I tried to restart ww but the nec teleported RIGHT where I clicked (maybe a char width from where he was) and I swung AGAIN at the golem, and it took about 2 seconds to complete the swing, all the while I'm eating a train of BS, finally I squeek away, but then I run straight into IBS when coming back for a hail mary.

I figured that wasn't a good demonstration of how to use a barb though :)

The four charms along the bottom next to the anni are: 5res/5fhr, 5res/5fhr, 5res/5fhr, 3max/19ar/5fhr. Yeah one doesn't match, but I have two 11light/5fhr sc's that DO match on ladder.. HURRY UP LEVEL 98 DRUIDS!

Sh4dovv

Banned
damn i ENVY ppl like u who hav connections which lets em just hold down tele! :mad:

and also, wat causes ww lock? i often get stuck in it on my barb

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
too short whirls cause ww lock as far as i know. i remember when i do short whirls, i would try to do like 3 ww's per second then id get locked ;(

mcm

Banned
You mean when you stand in place swishing w/ ww animation? That's just lag, usually exacerbated by a namelock ww at the same time.

Dad Daniel

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting presentations!
It was so amazing to see how the old bunch of mud Gumpy is punching Quil rat, while his master - The lord of the dark forces was splited in peaces by Smash!

eLight

Diabloii.Net Member
Can I ask what program you have used to record in? Im sorry if you already have said it. Ive been thinking of making something like this for a very long time now.
Btw, lovely vids :thumbsup:

mcm

Banned
My vid card has tv out, i just plugged this (svideo) into a tivo & pass the audio through my preamp into the tivo also.

Then I play it back from the tivo through a TV tuner card I also have, and record it with VirtualDub, initially using PIC video compression and no audio compression, then after editing encoding the video w/ DIVX and audio w/ some MP3 codec (such that it is a valid DIVX video).

I tried FRAPS to begin with but it makes d2 run at 2fps.. not really feasible.

Yeah the quality gets reduced somewhat by going to NTSC resolution through the TV out, then the compression artifacts can be annoying, but any less compression and larger video size would just result in MASSIVE files.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
How about a torrent of all those other videos as well? I don't like having to use use Page Info in firefox to save those embedded movies.

DCAFarkas

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyrs said:
How about a torrent of all those other videos as well? I don't like having to use use Page Info in firefox to save those embedded movies.
yeah, i jsut wget'd all of those... took quite a while just for the copy/paste.

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey mcm, How often do you find arreats more rewarding then CoA...could I actually get by with a BvC barb without an arreats? Stick with maybe a ber Arreats and storm if necessary? Not for block but just dr.

And if you mind me asking what's your cast rate? Do you switch to fcr rings often?

Thx man.

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
I'm pretty sure the stickied BVC guide addresses those questions.
Where's this stickied? I've searched a couple of times, and haven't come up with anything useful. I've been considering making a BvC for a couple of months now, and I think I'm finally going to get around to doing it.