Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb DuEL Angelic 2xRing+Ammy or etc..

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by deepfreeZe, Feb 13, 2004.

1. deepfreeZe

deepfreeZe IncGamers Member

Barb DuEL Angelic 2xRing+Ammy or etc..

For dueling in 1.10, I'm not sure what kind of set up i should do.

Right now my Rings & Ammy

100AR, 8LL, 2 ML, 5resist ALL, +6dex
    246/20 Raven
    H-Ammy

I get around 12.5 k AR Using WW

Now using Angelic, 2x Ring + Ammy Gives me MAD AR Bonus
    I get to 25 k AR, but i lose all the bonuses from the Mods on ring,Raven,H-Ammy...

Any sugguestions? I'm only planing on using Angelic for dueling.. i think, i'm just trying to figure out what is best for dueling, like a bvb or bvsomeone.
    Thx

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Well, since you're WW, you don't need to worry about IAS as much, and you wanna make sure all your hits land, so I'd stick with the angelic set. That's what most of the top duelers I know use (namely my man l2aider, pimp-king of barbs). It kinda sucks missing out on the Deadly Strike on highlord's and the Cannot be Frozen from Raven (the stats on the other ring don't weigh very heavily, since leech is nerfed in pvp and you can easily max your resists via gear, skills, quests, and charms, if needed), but overall, making sure you hit is much more important. 12.5k ar isn't going to do very well against those 30 and 40k defense conc barbs and pallys, and you wanna make sure you get in every hit you can against sorcs and necros with bone armor.

-Hal

3. Diehard

Diehard IncGamers Member

Raven provides some pretty good AR on it's own, so perhaps using angelic ammy, angelic ring, raven would work for you. I'm always leering of duelling without CBF, as being frozen can lead to a quick death.

4. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

From personal experience, I find that ravens + angelic ring/ammy works the best for me, I don't find the extra ar from dual angelics useful unless dueling an extremely high defense build. In addition depending on the setup of the other barb I sometimes use dual ravens + highlords for the deadly strike bonus to boost my dmg even more.

5. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

how well does a helm that adds %bonus to ar based on level work?
    or perhaps a unique helm with % bonus to ar

--doh looking at arreat summit, looks like there are none

but still maybe a nice rare helm with +2 barb skills, life leech, +stats(dex), % bonus to AR, resists

Visionary + (1 Per Character Level) 1-99% To Attack Rating (Based On Character Level) Helms(35)

6. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Don't think anything can quite scratch the mods of arreats.

7. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Just wondering, has anyone ever seen a conc barb using upgraded ribcracker?... i was running some numbers after seeing my fury/rabies werewolf hitting 19k defense and it seems that it can get up to 60-80k defense... (19k defense= lvl 75 defiance merc bought in hell diff + lvl 25 shout... my total armour was of 2451 *2 ribcracker= 4902 BASE armour :p)