Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Barb Build Shocker on Barb Forum

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by drinkturps, May 10, 2005.

1. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

Barb Build Shocker on Barb Forum

I like reading new guides but after one turn of my mouse wheel I gave up.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=346428

I know the author mentions about the dupes but why mention them at all?

EDIT: I don't know why I bothered posting this. Please could you delete mod.

Apologies all.

2. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I read it and kept waiting for a " just kidding" to show up. Weather the author mentioned the dupes as a joke or not I dont know but the replies to thread all thought it was great.

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Reported the post - not that anything'll happen *shrug*

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Well, fact is that if you say "use fcr rings with stats and resist" 99% will have to use dupes because legit rings with those stats are superexpensive. Oh, and the responses aren't positive, they're more like "can"t be bothered to say my anti-dupe speech again".

HoD

5. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Sadly enough, some of the softcore forums here are like that, which is why I only post here.

Lucky

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Thread's been removed...

Anyone remember the original poster to check his account status ?

7. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

Sorry, I forgot to take the name.

8. Herald of Doom

That would be Blobs. He has one of the best barbs on west or east, can't remember which realm ;)

HoD

9. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Anyone who wildly supports and uses dupes has no business putting "best" next to thier character

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

What he said.

11. Herald of Doom

:lol:

So anyone who uses highrunes can't be the best? I mean, really, people always rant about dupes, but everyone uses highrunes without feeling bad. I don't use dupes or maphack, but I do use highrunes, so I'm just as guilty as he is. I can understand why you are against dupes, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a very good dueller. He could sell some of his others chars equip, or just offer some 32020s and he can have a legit equivalent that's not as good, for 5 times the price. And yes, he was wrong in promoting the dupes, that was rather silly of him, because iirc it's against the rules to do that ^_^

HoD

12. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

what he said...

13. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I use high runes true , but i also found them personally. As for the rest of it , real skill isnt tied with gear. Ive seen some true duelers use less then optimal gear and be greatly succesful. I realize that softcore is just another term for open bnet now but that doesnt any more acceptable

14. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

How high are high runes? I've never owned any rune higher than Ohm, which I got for a perfect Maras I found, the guy I traded from is someone I trust, and he told me he found it himself, not likely a dupe.

I've also had guls and ists, and everything below that, however, they have almost all been from my hellforges or friends hellforges. The likelyhood of runes gul and lower being duped is not all that high, since they are all findable from the hell hellforge. (from regular traders, if someone has 45 ists for trade, its likely they're duped, but when someone has one ist for trade, chances are its not a dupe...)

He can be a good dueler without dupes. I'm a good dueler, I've high level hardcore ears, almost killed a level 98, amonchick the other day, I've got a level 70 dueler/chickener ear in my stash, all with a mediocrely built character who is a dueler as a secondary position, his main job is mfing and hell rushing. Hardly an elite dueler.

So he could sell his duped gear, and end up with something not as good, and more expensive. Correct me if I'm missing something, but isint that kind of whats wrong with dupes? (yes thats a rhetorical question...) They allow you to make better, cheaper characters, thereby giving you an advantage over legit players, who chose not to use dupes. Saying that dupes allow you to make stronger and cheaper characters, which most people couldnt otherwise make without dupes, is HARDLY a justification for using them.

-Matt

15. hulla-hop

well, i think what herald wanted to say is that the dude in question would still be a tp-notch dueller if it werent for the dupes....

16. Herald of Doom

Yeah, kind of. :p
    But anyway, dupes actually make it easier for poorer people to make an effective character. If dupes didn't exist (which ofcourse they shouldn't, but unfortunately they do) only the richest people could make a very good dueller. I mean, everyone knows I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Hulla, but he still beat the crap out of my barb because he had better items ( and you know that's the truth :thumbsup: ). Actually, that's one of the reasons I went to HCL, in the hopes of avoiding those duped items. ofcourse, now I'm stuck with chicken.. :(

EDIT: I just noticed, Hal made the thread visible again, it's been adjusted ;)

HoD

17. hulla-hop

haha, you bastard, and i dont even use dupezors!

18. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

You ? Or people you duel ?

19. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

more likely the people he duels :)
    HoD doesnt seem like a maphacker (UNLIKE ME!!!11) from what ive read his posts :]

20. Herald of Doom

People who try to pk me and who run straight into my old traps :p
    Just 1.5 hours ago I was in a game "kill Diablo", and this lvl 50 pala enters (i was 55 at the time iirc). He hostiles my party, which was me and some wussy sorc, who chickens out as soon as he hostiles us. I wasn't even doing anything at the time, I was just whispering to a friend, so when he hostiles I don't exit immediately. He went through the wp looking for me, and he probably had mh so he came running straight to me, but didnt notice the 5 traps i laid (or assumed it was one, I just click my mouse on one place so it looks like on trap if you dont pay attention). As he comes running towards me, all my traps shoot and I assume they all got lucky shots cuz suddenly *poof* away is the pk'er :clap:

PS: 1-2900 light sentry >> stupid wannabe pk'er :p

HoD