Barb Attack Rating

dougolasjr

Diabloii.Net Member
Barb Attack Rating

How much AR is good for a pure PvM barb, and how do you get your AR. Is it thru angelics, sigons?

-Doug

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
On my GF barb, I get enough using +100AR rings and some 150 on my mart.
At level 80-ish, I have no problems hitting things.
No idea how much is good for a pure PvM barb though, it rather depends on your level compared to the monsters you are trying to hit. If your level is higher then theirs, it's easier, if your level is lower, it's harder.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Another way to get AR is with Hsarus boots and belt. Or Cleglaws gloves and sword. Or a perfect ametheists(150AR) in your weapon. Or Diamonds in your armor(burning a SoJ is a bit expensive for 100AR imho) or helm.
There are probably more ways to get AR, but these are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

quadeddie

Diabloii.Net Member
WarlockCC said:
Another way to get AR is with Hsarus boots and belt. Or Cleglaws gloves and sword. Or a perfect ametheists(150AR) in your weapon. Or Diamonds in your armor(burning a SoJ is a bit expensive for 100AR imho) or helm.
There are probably more ways to get AR, but these are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.
I'll add: Sig Helm and any other sig piece.

Souther

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say that 8-9k AR is good enough for BvB.

But my BvBs have around 11-12k AR with sig and anglic on.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
Souther said:
I would say that 8-9k AR is good enough for BvB.

But my BvBs have around 11-12k AR with sig and anglic on.

i would have to agree with you, my barb has 14.5k and he doesnt seem to do any better than with 8.5

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer to hunt combat shrines, and have 109k AR. :D

yes, that's what the character screen shows on my baba when I grab one. of course, much like when I have an xs shrine on in flayer, invariabley I will run up against a boss of some sort that attacks with some sort of curse that removes the shrine ><

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
quadeddie said:
I'll add: Sig Helm and any other sig piece.
I think the OP meant that when he typed sigons in his post. Thus I didn't see the need to list those, since he already listed them. :)