Baranar's Star Question?

delixer

Diabloii.Net Member
Baranar's Star Question?

I just got a Baranar's Star and I was wondering what I should socket into it. Here is what I plan on using:

29% ED/8 Max/+4 replenish life
Shael Rune

The reason I ask is because I am not sure how much more IAS the Baranar's Star can take before it is inneffective.

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Base 10
IAS 	Normal Attack	Zeal without	Normal with	Zeal with 
	without		Fanaticism 	Fanaticism	Fanaticism 
	Fanaticism 

30 	13 		7 		10 		5 
35 	12 		6 		9 		5 
40 	12 		6 		9 		5 
50 	11	 	6 		9 		5 
60 	11 		6 		9 		5 
65 	11 		6 		8 		5 
70 	11 		6 		8 		5 
80 	10 		6 		8	 	5 
90 	10 		5 		8 		4 
100 	10 		5 		8 		4 
110 	10 		5 		8 		4 
120 	9 		5 		8 		4
B-Star starts with 50%IAs so you're at a 9/5 Zeal with Fanaticism. 11/6 Without.

You need 40%more Ias to reach a 4 frame Zeal with Fanaticism or a 5 Frame Zeal without. Now how you get it is up to you. A Highlord's Ammy along with a Shael will get the job done... as would IAS gloves. With your gear (Which you haven't mentioned) you have to decide if you can get that 40%ias with our without the shael.

delixer

Diabloii.Net Member
I will get you a list of my equipment in a minute, I honestly cannot remember what I have on him right now. Thanks for the help. Sorry.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Most cats I know have popped a hel rune in there. The dex reqs are pretty steep, if memory serves.

delixer

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay Here is what I am wearing.

Laying Of Hands
6% LL Ring
5% LL Ring
Sigon's Belt
Sigon's Boots
Rare Akaran Rondache
Milabrega's Armor
Milabrega's Helm
Angelic Wings Ammy

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
Most cats I know have popped a hel rune in there. The dex reqs are pretty steep, if memory serves.
44 dexterity is hardly a "steep" requirement. For its offensive power, baranar's star has some very light requirements.

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
So you have 20%Ias from Laying of Hands... That tells me Shael is DEFINITELY the way to go.

You should feel the improvement when you get that Zeal down to 4 frames.

PloX

Diabloii.Net Member
alainpp66 said:
So you have 20%Ias from Laying of Hands... That tells me Shael is DEFINITELY the way to go.

You should feel the improvement when you get that Zeal down to 4 frames.
True, but i wouldn't pop a shael in that nice baranar's, there are plenty of other sources to get ias from.

and a shael doesn't look that sexay in a baranar's... *methinks*