Banners go poof?

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Banners go poof?

Uhm... so ya... Did anybody notice just how long ago the banners at the top disappeared? I wanted to do some rammpant clicking on them before, but they weren't there to do it.

Any sort of official info from Gaile or someone who knows would be much appreciated. Did the banners disappear because they just weren't getting enough clickage? Or were they removed for another reason?

I'm so curious!!!

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
i still have banners.. so i dunno, mebbe it's just you.

I say we taunt the different one.. *points and laughs*

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe Gaile and Freet got enough donations going in and don't need banners now. I can see both of them vacationing with the donations money in Hawaii or something like that.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes the ad company burps and stops serving ads for those locations. It is something to bring to the admins' attention, since they definitely want them to be viewed (and clicked!) as much as possible.

I don't have a top banner now but if you look at the source for this page you will see the javascript that's supposed to load one. It looks like http://multi1.rmuk.co.uk/RealMedia/ads/ isn't sending the stuff it's supposed to.

* clicks on bottom banner *

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, there it is! (Still none at the top though...)
*clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky*
There, that should help a bit.

OH! I like the banner at the bottom right now. It reads "Single in Quebec?" Sounds interesting... As long as my girlfriend doesn't find out. Shhhhh! :creep:

Cain

Diabloii.Net Member
*Looks at banner ad*

Hmm...should I choose the brunette, blonde or red head? Decisions, decisions... :scratch:

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Cain said:
*Looks at banner ad*

Hmm...should I choose the brunette, blonde or red head? Decisions, decisions... :scratch:
I see that too! AND SEE!!! It still says Montreal, Quebec!!! Woohoo!!! Aren't we the popular ones? :D

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
damn.. i really should find out what i'm worth with the monster salary wizard........

btw.. it says wherever you're from on that blonde, brunette thingy... cause it's saying Brookings, SD for me.

hmmm.... that's kinda creepy actually... how the hell does it know im in brookings??? IP addy's???

Starfishied

Diabloii.Net Member
I noticed that my top's missing, but I didn't pay attention to it. I also have the bottom one that seemed to never load.

To tell you the truth, I never click the banner. I believe that helping by paying cash (real money) is much more supportive than clicking on the banners, since the banners barely give you money.

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
starfishied said:
I noticed that my top's missing, but I didn't pay attention to it.
yeah.. when i clicked this thread i kind of forgot which on thread i was on, needless to say, i was very confused when i read that. But i read on and all was well.

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Starfishied said:
To tell you the truth, I never click the banner. I believe that helping by paying cash (real money) is much more supportive than clicking on the banners, since the banners barely give you money.
I know that, but for now it's the best I can do until I get my credit card up and going properly. It only arrived in the mail yesterday, and I have yet to activate it. I can't use the online banking option with Paypal because I live in Canada. So, until my credit card is up and working properly, I'll keep clicking.

Starfishied

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah.. when i clicked this thread i kind of forgot which on thread i was on, needless to say, i was very confused when i read that. But i read on and all was well.
hahahahah, I didn't even realize what my comments mean until I re-read it myself. :lol: