Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baltha's going back to HC - See me suffer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Baltha, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:45 PM.

?

Which Class do you want me to play?

Poll closed Sunday at 5:27 PM.
  1. Amazon

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Assassin

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Barbarian

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Druid

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. Necromancer

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. Paladin

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  7. Sorceress

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

So I'm playing HC again. I'd like to thank 3 users for inspiring me: @PSYCHO for his The Three Way Dance tournament, @Jonesy_Pantz for his Fresh Run All Classes to HC Hell thread and and @Disposition for his 99er adventurer threads (his most recent thread is Trixie The HC99 Adventurer).

Rules
    -HC (duh) untwinked.
    -I'll play three characters, and all characters will be of a different class. Which ones? I don't know. YOU decide that part! Just let me know in the poll what 3 classes do you want me to play. If one of them dies (I hope they don't) I'll open a new poll to know what class to play next.
    -I'll decide the builds, and will make a liberal use of respecs.
    -Living characters will stay within one Act of each other. That means I can stay in Act 3 with one char, Act 2 with the second and Act 1 with the third. I can re-run previous acts or difficulties as I need.
    -GoMule will be used as an extended stash. The 3 characters will share their items.
    -I will complete all quests and get all WP before moving onto the next difficulty. I can save the rewards of those quests though.

And that's that. Let me know what you want me to play!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:29 AM
    Zylo, PSYCHO, RIP and 8 others like this.
  2. Disposition

Disposition IncGamers Member

I threw in my vote and thanks for the mention. :D

Although, untwinked and trading between 3 characters, I don't think that's the same is it? xD

3. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

I meant I'll start from scratch. I already have 3 guardians with a lot cool stuff, elite uniques, HR runewords and the like.

And I'll just shamelessly copy the tried-and-true a-lot-of-screenshots format of your posts, by the way :D. Thanks for the vote.

Zyr likes this.
  4. Basicbhoy

Basicbhoy IncGamers Member

Having just joined the SPF and gone straight into HC, I will enjoy seeing your adventures and hope I can learn from them. At any rate, how to avoid death.......

Good luck

Baltha likes this.
  5. jonnyphive

jonnyphive IncGamers Member

This looks great. I'll be following with great interest. Once I finish with my current set of SC goals, I'll be making the jump (back) to hardcore as well. Always painful when you lose one, though, so I really like the idea of taking several through concurrently so you aren't instantly back to square 1 on death.

Zyr and Baltha like this.
  6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Cool. Good luck !!!

Edit: I voted. Since you need 3 classes and there are exactly 3 female classew, that's what you'll have to do ;).

Zyr and Baltha like this.
  7. ArtOfSenf

ArtOfSenf IncGamers Member

I voted before I read the post - shame on me. So only 2 classes have been voted by me - druid and Barb. Both offer good survivability and decent damage but are lacking DMG without equip (exception is elemental druid in norm + maybe NM). So generally good chars to play through casually, slowly, carefully.

Best of luck on your journey and please take your time for a (daily) journal as we are starving for good stories :)

Baltha likes this.
  8. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

@Baltha Nice gif set, do you mind if I ask you where you got them?

9. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

Sure, from the wiki.

Taking note of your preferences, guys!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 1:17 AM
    ioupainmax likes this.
  10. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Thanks @Baltha

EDIT:
    The Assassin and Druid gifs use the HC pose, the others use the SC pose.

11. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Necro for basic MF and gear hunt, since he's safe and doesn't mind using crap gear. Skellies, then end game spec into Nova once there's gear.

Sorc for advanced farming, with gifts from the Necro. I like Blizzard untwinked, Lightning with great gear.

Barb because you need a meleé guy, and he's got loads of tools in his bag for shoring up holes left by unplanned gear. I've used Concentrate, WW, and Berserk. Double Swing is great early.

This is just about my standard fresh start routine. Anyway, those are my votes.

12. Zyr

Zyr IncGamers Member

I voted out of pure selfishness.

I'm a n00b; I've only been playing D2LoD for 15 years. I've come up with Amazon, Assassin, and Necromancer builds which have proven safe and effective in my clumsy hands when playing solo. I'm far less comfortable soloing the other four classes. Druids have lots of summoning possibilities to help keep them safe.

So I selfishly voted that you should play the three classes which do not have native summoning skills-- Barbarian, Paladin, and Sorceress-- so that I can learn from your experiences and from the informed comments in your threads by players more skillful than I. :D

sanguillen and Basicbhoy like this.
  13. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Bowzons, Kickshins, Fanatics :rolleyes:

14. Haywire

Haywire IncGamers Member

I always follow these HC tales Fare thee well and may the drops bless you.

15. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

Today I learned there's such a thing as a SC/HC pose.

And good luck to you, Baltha!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:59 AM
  16. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

Thanks guys!

Yes! SC characters are just standing still in the selection screen like when they are in town, HC characters are ready to fight like when they are out in the wilderness.

[​IMG]

Albatross likes this.
  17. sanguillen

sanguillen IncGamers Member

I too voted selfishly for similar reasons (mainly so I can learn), so I went with Amazon, Druid, and Paladin. The Pally I know inside and out, but was curious to see what build he would choose for untwinked. The other two, while I've achieved Guardian status in HC with a Strafer that uses WWS and a Fury Druid, they both feel kind of squishy and I'd like to learn more about them. :)

18. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Wow.... now I feel kinda like a dick...

I figured from the title we were supposed to make @Baltha suffer, so I picked the 3 worst MFing classes... Druid, Assassin, Paladin. Now I'm seeing everyone else being (semi) helpful and...

... and I :D

ioupainmax, Baltha and Basicbhoy like this.
  19. Baltha

Baltha IncGamers Member

So, the journey begings...

[​IMG]

I've always started from scratch with sorceress (if SC) or necromancer (if HC). You gave me amazon, assassin and druid to start with (you bloody sadistic forumites), so I figured out that assassin was my best bet. Trappers don't need much equipment to kill fast, they can deal with immunes really well and have great crowd control skills. My build of choice for Normal is a fire trapper. Wake of Fire is one of the best early game skills and let me take full advantage of the fantastic low-level runeword Leaf to make the early stages less tiresome.

[​IMG]

It’s hard to out-damage javelins and strangling potions in the early game untwinked, so those were the weapons I favored.

I bought a dagger pretty soon too because it improves Fireblast speed. Yes, it’s faster than a Katar.

[​IMG]

Ryoko and Kyoko (hehehe) rescuing Deckard Cain and kicking asses in Tristam. First unique: Stotnail from Griswold himself (23% MF).

[​IMG]

This is another useful trick to know: the shrine positions are fixed. I had three shrines close to the Stone Field waypoint and I checked them out during countess runs looking for +experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New toys from Countess.

[​IMG]

All WP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another useful trick. I took 3 antidote potions before fighting Andariel for an extra +50 poison resistance. The duration stack. My merc took another 3.

[​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]

...Done.

[​IMG]

All quests done. Pending: Charsi reward.

Stats: Str 45, Dex 20, Vita 75, Ene 35. Build: 8 Wake of Fire, 5 Fire Blast, 5 Burst of Speed, 1 Claw Mastery. MF: 50%.

Zylo, Zyr, Disposition and 2 others like this.
  20. jonnyphive

jonnyphive IncGamers Member

Loving the format so far. Nice mix of images and descriptions of character/item progression.

Baltha likes this.