Ball GC - Reroll or no?

beeranon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ball GC - Reroll or no?

My first necro just soloed Baal for the first time...nothing great drops, of course, but I notice a blue gc. My stepson was watching, and I started to explain rerolling gc's for skillers + mods as I port back to town to id.

So...it's a 36 life 13 resist all. Would you reroll?

TechMonster

Diabloii.Net Member
To reroll, or not to reroll... That is quite a dilemma...

I, personally, would reroll until I get one of 2 things:

1. Skiller (usable one, of course), preferably with plus to life, or
2. Lifer, with over 40 to life

If it rolls the latter, you can simply trade it off "as is", since that mod is proof that the GC was dropped by Baal (no other monster can drop a gc with over 40 life)...

A word of warning, though: My friend and I have spent close to 300 pgems on one very stubborn Baal-GC! At other times, this could just be 12 or 15 pgems...

Good luck rolling it...

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
To reroll, or not to reroll... That is quite a dilemma...

I, personally, would reroll until I get one of 2 things:

1. Skiller (usable one, of course), preferably with plus to life, or
2. Lifer, with over 40 to life

If it rolls the latter, you can simply trade it off "as is", since that mod is proof that the GC was dropped by Baal (no other monster can drop a gc with over 40 life)...

A word of warning, though: My friend and I have spent close to 300 pgems on one very stubborn Baal-GC! At other times, this could just be 12 or 15 pgems...

Good luck rolling it...
Are you sure about that? I dropped a sorc light skiller with I am sure +43 life in the pits. I would check to be sure but my partners son has somehow crashed my pc!!

JME

Diabloii.Net Member
My first necro just soloed Baal for the first time...nothing great drops, of course, but I notice a blue gc. My stepson was watching, and I started to explain rerolling gc's for skillers + mods as I port back to town to id.

So...it's a 36 life 13 resist all. Would you reroll?
Honestly, that's a pretty nice GC already and baal gcs are not so uncommon that I would waste my time (and currency) rolling an already pretty good one when I could simply find another to roll. Both 15 res All GCs and high lifers can be popular so I see no reason why this one wouldn't be as well (it's close). If you put it in a trade list you will most likely find that it is worth something as is and if you roll it you could get junk for the next 100 rolls.

pbjax said:
i have a question, so do you roll by mixing the charm with one of each kind of Pgem?
No. It can be 3 of any type of pgem.
For example:
Pemerald, Pdiamond, Pamethyst
or
Ptopaz, Pskull, Psapphire
or
3 Pemeralds
etc etc

pbjax

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a 40 life gc, im not sure if i found it off of baal, but how do you know if it is a baal gc?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you sure about that? I dropped a sorc light skiller with I am sure +43 life in the pits. I would check to be sure but my partners son has somehow crashed my pc!!
You must be remember wrong.. The +41-45 life suffix is only available on ilvl 91+ charms. The highest mlvl in the pit is **.

TechMonster said:
since that mod is proof that the GC was dropped by Baal (no other monster can drop a gc with over 40 life)...
Hell Diablo and Hell Nihlathak both have high enough mlvl to get 41-45 life on their grandcharms. Charms from all 3 are commonly referred to as "Baal Grandcharms."

pbjax said:
i have a 40 life gc, im not sure if i found it off of baal, but how do you know if it is a baal gc?
If you found it off Hell Baal, Hell Diablo, or Hell Nihlathak, it's a Baal grandcharm. If it has 41-45 life, it's a Baal grandcharm. There is no other legal way to tell on Battle.net if you have a Baal grandcharm.

40 life charms can drop from monsters with mlvl as low as 77.

beeranon

Diabloii.Net Member
dont reroll that kind of gc.. just dont :rolleyes:
Kinda my thoughts, too, though my stepson was giving me the "reroll it! I wanna see!" chant until I shut down...

I used a pile of pgems to get some 5 res all scharms for my pally. Since this one is basically [email protected], [email protected] with some life added, it didn't seem to make sense to turn it into a +3 to str...:rolleyes:

Honestly, that's a pretty nice GC already and baal gcs are not so uncommon that I would waste my time (and currency) rolling an already pretty good one when I could simply find another to roll.
Yeah, I've got one or two baal gc's already stashed away that I roll as I accumulate pgems. It figures that I would bring up the subject of rerolling before id'ing a gc I'd keep if I rolled it.

BoD Trader

Diabloii.Net Member
Try putting it on forum and if the bids dont meet your liking then reroll. try to ask for a baal gc in bids for your next roll. that way even a baal gc and 1 pg is makin a profit.

JME

Diabloii.Net Member
Try putting it on forum and if the bids dont meet your liking then reroll. try to ask for a baal gc in bids for your next roll. that way even a baal gc and 1 pg is makin a profit.
That would be gross underpay for that GC. If you don't get any offers on it, PM me and I'll buy the thing (assuming east).

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
I was under the impression that skulls didnt work. Am I wrong on this? I hope so because I've turned down a few skulls for trades simply I was looking for gems to reroll charms.

BoD Trader

Diabloii.Net Member
I was under the impression that skulls didnt work. Am I wrong on this? I hope so because I've turned down a few skulls for trades simply I was looking for gems to reroll charms.
no skulls work and skulls also reroll rares but you need 6 or sumin for that

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
just double checking. glad it was confirmed
When rerolling rares with 6 skulls, the resultant item has ilvl = int[.4*old_ilvl] + int[.4*clvl].

Rerolling rares is often done with diadems (where ilvl doesn't matter), jewels (attempting to make lld jewels), and class specific elites (attempting to get low tier staffmods with high level affixes).

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
So if I reroll a circlet/diadem with the 6 skull method, it has the same chance to get high lvl mods as the chance when i originally identified it? Also, if ilvl doesnt matter on them, does clvl determine the mods or are they always set at a high ilvl?