Baldie Needs Help

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Baldie Needs Help

Ok,

Having noticed a receding hairline and thinning hair at the grand old age of 25 it looks like I'm going to have to start saying goodbye to my hair.

Still have 90% of the hairline, but the writing is on the wall...

:cry:

Personally I'm 95% fine with this, and always knowing that I was going to lose it someday the plan was always just to take it like a man and keep what remained cropped short. Wasn't expecting it quite this soon though...

However there are two issues:

1. I've lost like half the thickness of my hair in about 2months, and the hairline has receded about an inch at the temples in this time too (from last haircut). This seems very fast. I thought this stuff took years! I am worried that there might be some other cause for the hair loss. Does anyone here know of anything that could be causing this?

2. I've always been fine with the concept, however the missus it kinda freaking me out about this. I don't think she'll leave or anything - still on to get hitched in a few months :smiley: but I'm kinda pissed that her attitude towards it is making me feel bad about my body for the first time in my adult life and don't know what to do. Tried talking about it but she just gets upset at the idea I might go bald - which makes me feel like crap. Any suggestions?

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh i'm 19 and finding a strange amount of grey, I don't let it get to me. My mom was dying her hair at 25 to hide Grey streaks, must just run in the family.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Luckily baldness doesn't seem common on either side of my family. Fingers crossed.

If the baldness does get out of control, shave it off and tattoo your head instead. The perfect crime...

kobold

Banned
You could buy some of that spray on crap hair that they have in the late night info-mercials, but I'm guessing she'll start to suspect something the next time she tries to run her fingers through your hair. :jig:

Seriously though, it is what it is. She just has to be able to accept it.

I started turning grey at 16. My wife wanted me to start dyeing my hair when we got married. Not going to happen.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't listen to these guys or your fiancee. In fact, the next time the subject comes up ask your fiancee if she is going to have the same reaction to when you eventually get wrinkles or that Sunday afternoon beer drinking pot belly that most men get eventually.

Or tell her that you are the one that should be concerned that you are marrying a shallow person that is putting way too much emphisis on a natural aging process that you have absolutely no control over.

Actually, you might phrase it a bit more diplomaticly but....

Think about it, who is really the one with the issues here?

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
2. I've always been fine with the concept, however the missus it kinda freaking me out about this. I don't think she'll leave or anything - still on to get hitched in a few months :smiley: but I'm kinda pissed that her attitude towards it is making me feel bad about my body for the first time in my adult life and don't know what to do. Tried talking about it but she just gets upset at the idea I might go bald - which makes me feel like crap. Any suggestions?
What if she was going bald? Would you be upset? :laugh:

I'm just joking. What kind of crap is she giving you about it?

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't listen to these guys or your fiancee. In fact, the next time the subject comes up ask your fiancee if she is going to have the same reaction to when you eventually get wrinkles or that Sunday afternoon beer drinking pot belly that most men get eventually.

Or tell her that you are the one that should be concerned that you are marrying a shallow person that is putting way too much emphisis on a natural aging process that you have absolutely no control over.

Actually, you might phrase it a bit more diplomaticly but....

Think about it, who is really the one with the issues here?
I'm noticing Freet gives good advice - thanks :smiley: I thik i'll slather it with a bot more diplomacy than that though.

Kobold said:
Seriously though, it is what it is. She just has to be able to accept it.

I started turning grey at 16. My wife wanted me to start dyeing my hair when we got married. Not going to happen.
This is about my position. I just wish she could get on with accepting it more quickly.

Sarodarksbane said:
What if she was going bald? Would you be upset?
Well - I know that after she's had a couple of kids I won't be telling her that she needs to get lipo and a boob job.

What kind of crap is she giving you about it?
It's not real crap like "I'll leave you if you go bald" it's more that she's obviously upset that it's happening and when I ask what she'll think when time comes that is more than just the hairline going back an inch she gets this look of semi-horror mixed with sorrow and starts frantically suggesting rogaine and hairplugs - It feels like she thinks I won't be good enough without hair. Which kinda sucks when it comes from the person you love.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well - I know that after she's had a couple of kids I won't be telling her that she needs to get lipo and a boob job.
Yeah, it's much cheaper and easier just to leave her for a younger woman.

Tell her baldness is usually a sign of elevated testosterone.

Rawwwr. :wink3:
Doesn't excess testosterone cause shrinkage of the testicles? Or maybe that was steroids, I forget.

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, it's much cheaper and easier just to leave her for a younger woman.
Unless of course you lose the house in the divorce and end up paying alimony...

A rich man was asking his wife what she wanted for her birthday -
he said "I'll buy you a diamond ring with matching earings and necklace"
"I don't want diamonds" said she.
he said "I'll buy you a brand new sports car"
"I don't want a car" said she.
he said "I'll take you on a round the world luxary cruise with a shopping trip in every city we stop at"
"I don't want a cruise" said she.
he said "well what do you want?"
"I want a divorce" said she.
he said "DAMN! I wasn't planning on spending that kind of money!

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are concerned, then head over to a doctor's office and see if they think there is a health related cause for you losing your hair so quickly.

Perhaps she is just concerned about the wedding photos, and not you being bald for life. If it is just something short term like that, then slater on some rogaine or whatever until the wedding. My guess is that she will be doing stuff to make sure she looks good on the big day as well.

I guess, bottom line is, talk to her to see what her real concerns are about you losing your hair.

I've slowly been losing my hair since I was 18. I have has grey on my temples since I was 25. The solution is simple. Don't give a rat's arse about what anybody thinks about it. Not your wife, not your friends and sure as hell not society. If your fate is to be bald, then bald you will be and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. All you can do is accept it. It truely means nothing.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Your wife better realize that you balding won't be nearly as traumatic to her as her drooping is on you. If she cuts you down because of your hair, tell her her butt is dragging on the ground or something. I find these sorts of comments are always best met with another comment. Don't hit her though, that is illegal.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Your wife better realize that you balding won't be nearly as traumatic to her as her drooping is on you. If she cuts you down because of your hair, tell her her butt is dragging on the ground or something. I find these sorts of comments are always best met with another comment. Don't hit her though, that is illegal.
So . . . then he can be balding and celibate? :laugh:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think it's so unfair of her to be upset about him losing his hair at 25, come on - who expects that? Sure, it's annoying that you turn to your loved one for sympathy but end up having to be the one comforting her, but you know - welcome to being married.

Unless of course you lose the house in the divorce and end up paying alimony...
Pre-nup FTW. :thumbsup:

If worse comes to worse you can use my backup plan. If I ever became vain about going bald I'll just shave my back and make a wig. Or kill a coon and make a hat out of it. Naturally the face would go in front, teeth bared with the legs dangling down aroung my ears.