Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bah! ethereal

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Smorter, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Smorter

Smorter IncGamers Member

bah! ethereal

I've found my best item so far, a Bartuc's cut throat (ok I'm a noob :)) but unfortunately its ethereal which totally sucks.

I've read a lot of cynicism about getting a legit Zod in single player. Is it really that inconceivable or can we all hopefully eventually get one somehow, through finding/cubing?

2. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Well, finding an ethereal Bartuc's is not that bad, and you're not a n00b, my best item so far is a SoJ, aside from that...... mmmm, a nice rare amulet :grin:

You can trade the ethreal Bartuc's, there's some people collecting an ethereal grail. About Zod, yeah, it's pretty rare. Calculations have been made, and finding a Zod is 3 times rarer to find than Cham (second rarest rune), so it's even more rare than Tyrael's.

And to cube one, taking an already high rune, say, Gul, you need 256 gul runes (or 512 ist runes if gul is too high) and a couple of days just to find the gems and to actually cube, not exactly a reality uh?

Still, it's not impossible, just very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very rare (did I say it is very rare?)

And for any good item you get, you can post in the item find thread :wink3:

3. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Cubing: only if you find 2 Chams, cubing Jahs (and lower runes) would be act of insanity IMO (they are too useful) and you would need insane amount of luck to find enough of high runes to cube Zod. Cubing Zod from lower runes is possible only in theory, there's no way you could get enough of them.

Finding Zod? Of course it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it :smiley:

Oh, and it would be really foolish to use Zod on something like eth Bartuc's :smiley:

4. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

Just use it

If you are a sin you mostly have these on switch or for trapping & dueling so you can just use it no problem, the higher damage helps and you will be surprised how long they last, and when they get low use for a iron golem.
    I found a eth Medusa's Gaze the other night as shields take a beating I IG'ed it right away and the slow still did not match gumbys, now thats a waste.

5. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

A solo Zod is basically so rare as to be impossible.... not IMPOSSIBLE, but just impossible. If you get one, I advise you not to tell anyone here, because we're just going to call you a liar and not trust another word you say. My mother could tell me she found a Zod on her death bed, and I'd call her a liar, so don't take it personally.

6. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Yep, I guess it would only be counted if you found it in an MP game where everyone sees it drop. I'm gonna stick with coutness & cubing- i'm up to Lo so far. Not doing too badly!

7. wangnala

wangnala IncGamers Member

If you *very* dedicated to do enough SP Hellforge runs, you might be able cube your way up to a Zod, probably faster than finding one in SP.

I think Hellforge rushes are cheesy... I just do Hellforge runs for my new characters, in the proper way in SP...

8. Suiling

Suiling Banned

For Zod, either Hell forge (for cubing if you like to play around cubing a lot of runes) or do lv85 running. (Tyrael's might and Zod do drop there, and it's possible with insane luck)

9. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

~1,3k HF drops on average for a Zod, in sets of seven characters that's 186. That's just on average, so I wouldn't really count it as a viable option.
    You could try asking those who rushed all the way to a Ber (grogs) and quadruple that time.

Out of curiosity, what was the latest 'public' assumed legit (if you can assume any zods legit) drop on the SPF? The one Serdash got in an MP game?

10. nex

nex IncGamers Member

And all runes you would need to cube Zod are IMO much more useful than one Zod, especially if you use RWM.

I'm 99% sure that was the last one... if we don't count guy who claimed in SPTF that he has two Zods :grin:

11. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Anyhow, if I'd ever find one, I'd wait for a perfect 3os ethereal Tomb Reaver to socket it into. I wonder which is rarer, the zod or that item...

12. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

I almost have a perfect eth Tomb reaver:

Tomb Reaver
    Cryptic Axe
    Two-Hand Damage: 183 to 841
    Durability: 33 of 33
    Required Dexterity: 93
    Required Strength: 155
    Required Level: 84
    Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 86
    Fingerprint: 0x455dc0fd
    +274% Enhanced Damage
    All Resistances +34
    77% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    +14 Life after each Kill
    +4 to Light Radius
    60% Increased Attack Speed
    185% Damage to Undead
    +346 to Attack Rating against Undead
    10% Reanimate As: Returned
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 0 used)

but still no Zod, but it still do nice damage on a merc.

I only got it to 181 HF runs of 7 new players, a lot of time to do this, but still the fastest way of getting a Zod. But find HF rushing kind of cheating, so I would never do it.

13. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You can still use the weapon. Just remember that right before it break to use the socket quest reward on it (this will IIRC fully repair the weapon again) and when it's nearly breaking again use the naming quest reward to fully repair it for the second time. That's all you can do really. After that it will break.
    Besides if you find a Zod it's pretty much rediculous to use it on an ethereal bartucs.

14. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

@AJK: IIRC, Liquid_evil once made all the work (through trading and some itmes of himself) to have a perfect ethereal tomb reaver with a zod. The weapon was pwnage and it was for PvP purposes, although he was defeated anyway :grin:

Also, another thing

What's the proper way to do SP Hellforge runs? :scratch:

15. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Not to take this too far off topic iirc Liquid got the zod from Durf who got it from Lord Vega who traded/cubed it iirc.

16. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

None of the components were found by L_E himself.

17. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Though he begged/traded for them which almost counts :grin:

18. Smorter

Smorter IncGamers Member

lol thanks for the advice on not wasting a zod (if i had one) on eth bartucs

it was 195ED (out of 200) as well so I'm a bit annoyed :(

Thanks for the advice, I'll use them on switch. Hopefully they won't break on me since they aren't being used.

Lvl85 areas = pits right?

19. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Mausoleum, Pits, Ancient tunnels, WSK... I believe there's a alvl 85 list in one of the stickied (MF guide?) posts.

20. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member