Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baesils CL sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Feetstench, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Feetstench

Feetstench Diabloii.Net Member

Baesils CL sorc?

Now I am in the middle of building a Pure CL Sorc (Debating dropping 1 point in Warmth, Level 79 now so the debate might be moot) Based aroung Baezils Vortex Knout (and it's level 15 nova charges).

obvoiusly this means I will not be puting points into Nova thereby skipping thunderstorm also.

It seems to me that the 5 synergy points lost by not investing shouldnt be that big of a deal for CL players (since the lack of an uber damage single attack is somewhat normal) when compared to the 20 skill points it frees up.

I have chosen to invest the extra 20 points by Maxing Telekenesis and will put the rest in energy shield which should put it at about 10. I also have decided to go the Max block route instead of the high life theory. Team this with my Cold merc and it's shiny new Insight Great poleaxe and Leech circlet and VIOLA! CL sorc the thrives in being in the middle of the frey.

I have not seen a guide on thisy build, and I play (mostly) untwinked so mabye the would be a better build with Tal's set but I doubt I will hold interest in the build long enough to collect it all.

Summary, the beefed energy shield seems better than the maxed damage.

Discuss, berate, belittle, but be honest!

2. killer penguin

killer penguin Diabloii.Net Member

having warmth is a good idea but if you have more energy you will not use alot of mana which will be a waste of points. Energy shield is also a waste of points unless your playing by yourself. maxing Telekenesis is a waste of points. why don't you get anther element like thunder just in case you find enermys which is immue to cold, try getting thunder storm as it is passive. if you are using frozen orb well done it's a cool spell! :thumbsup:

3. Feetstench

Frozen Orb? CL is Chain Lightning.

With max Tele and 10 in Energy Shield I found I could just tele into a crowd and let the lightning do the talking. I didn't find a (Non-act boss) monster that could hit often enough to get past the ES with Maxed block untill I ran into Hell Frozenstien and his band of international frigid assholes.

4. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Umm, I would very heavily recommend you do not, ever, deliberately tele into a crowd. Don't forget that there are plenty of mana burn bosses, mana draining enemies, and poison damage enemies, all of which will make short work of you.

Anyways, it sounds like a good way to save some points. Heh, I'm annoyed that I never thought of it, actually. Might make CL a viable attack with only 40 pts investment... hmm...

5. Feetstench

I do know better but it was a habit I got into doing endless shenk runz!

Actually it would still be a 60 point invest with 20 in Cl, Lightning and CB.

i know the damage isnt that much but it does have its perks. Against baal those annoying Festering appendanges seem to work nicely in my favor by giving the CL something to spark off of to get some multiple hits on Baal.