Badly need tips about High Runes

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
Badly need tips about High Runes

I am totally at my wits end - trying to find high runes. I tried killing everything and clearing every act, every area, cows and all that good stuff.
I have pretty much found most unique and set items, but in terms of runes, I have only every found 1 Lo, 1 Ist, 1 Mal and 1 Um.
Any tips on finding runes will be much much and very much appreciated!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
First, Im assume that you meant Vex+. Lower runes are dropped by the HF and the Countess with a superb chance.

Never finding HRs is pretty normal. The chances to find them are astronomically low - one in a couple of millions per rune. The best way to find them is to kill endless hordes of regular monsters in hell act 3 and beyond, as well as the usual high-level areas, in particular crowded ones. In addition, cows are surprisingly good at dropping HRs. I found my one and only HR in this season in cows - Sur.

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
First, Im assume that you meant Vex+. Lower runes are dropped by the Countess with a superb chance.

Never finding HRs is pretty normal. The chances to find them are astronomically low - one in a couple of millions per rune. The best way to find them is to kill endless hordes of regular monsters in hell act 3 and beyond, as well as the usual high-level areas, in particular crowded ones. In addition, cows are surprisingly good at dropping HRs. I found my one and only HR in this season in cows - Sur.
Thanks Krisch. I will try doing cows a bit more then. I just don't understand how there are so many fantastic runewords in circulation though... are they all duped? And I play on Asian realms where duping is not that common, I think, so I figured there are too many high runes dropping.

My Ist dropped off the countess. But she has otherwise only dropped els and the like. My hellforge also has given me nothing better than a Ko :(

Cassiopeia

Diabloii.Net Member
Youre in much better shape than me. Ive been playing for about a month now and have only found a Gul with my 7th or so hell forge. Other than that I found nothing higher than Um.

Lord Nyax

Banned
IIRC, Travincal's Council (maybe ALL council members, but Trav is easy to get to) and Cows have the best chance to drop HRs.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Been playing expansion since fall 2004, and highest rune to drop for me is Ist (%gul HF), once seen Vex in baalrun... and thats about it. Tried hunting 'em to, and it doesn't work:drunk:

RareBear

Diabloii.Net Member
Ever since runes were introduced to D2, the highest rune I evr found was a Gul, Act 1, inner cloister

But Hrs are ridiculously rare, probably TOO rare

nolan16

Diabloii.Net Member
Yesterday Mephisto dropped me Lo and an arachnids mesh in one drop.. my first high rune this season coupled with a very nice unique =)

dekrikke

Diabloii.Net Member
nolan16 said:
Yesterday Mephisto dropped me Lo and an arachnids mesh in one drop.. my first high rune this season coupled with a very nice unique =)
I must be pretty lucky then... MaxMax found one Ist in 2 years, i found one in less than a month (My first ever, found him after like... 250-300 countess runs)

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
My HR - Lo was in a Pindle run - one of the prowling dead outside dropped it. But that was Europe and since then, my acc was deleted because of inactivity. That took off the Ist (countess) and Um too.
This time around in Asia, only have a Mal to show for 2 years of toil. Combined 5 years of D2E = 2 HRs and 2 MRs :cry:

Trading stuff I find for HRs is really difficult in Asia - in fact getting any sort of stuff in a trade is impossible. I only ever find people in trading games offering unique exceptionals :rolleyes:

My hellforges always drop me c**p
Check this out
http://gamersgraveyard.************/2005/11/latest-finds-nov.html
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3242/470/1600/Screenshot193.jpg

~grim
p.s. it sucks to have one's signature deleted. :cry:

Gorny

Banned
grimsleeper said:
My HR - Lo was in a Pindle run - one of the prowling dead outside dropped it. But that was Europe and since then, my acc was deleted because of inactivity. That took off the Ist (countess) and Um too.
This time around in Asia, only have a Mal to show for 2 years of toil. Combined 5 years of D2E = 2 HRs and 2 MRs :cry:

Trading stuff I find for HRs is really difficult in Asia - in fact getting any sort of stuff in a trade is impossible. I only ever find people in trading games offering unique exceptionals :rolleyes:

My hellforges always drop me c**p
Check this out

~grim
p.s. it sucks to have one's signature deleted. :cry:
Wise man say:

He who donates and becomes a Pal will not have signatures deleted.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
My highest was Ber off Mephy. I'm awaiting the day when the wonderful Zod pops out in front of my eyes though. :hanky: