Bad luck or what ?

XtasyGrizzly

Diabloii.Net Member
Bad luck or what ?

Well.. all of my 3 characters are dead now and ive learn something atleast that I realy hate casters "buuuu" and all i can think about is MF MF MF.. and throu all my hc playing and theres still something i cant understand ?

Those who start of with a java ama / Barb / druid / pala... How the **** can they be so rich atm :stoned:

and i think that y´all started with a Sorc or summoner necro , and those I REALY DISLIKE to play :( so any1 of you could tell me some tips or so then i would be very thank ful

- XG

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
No wonder your chars die if you take 'em to Baal Runs @ lvl 75.

This is HC - not SC baal running.

XtasyGrizzly

Diabloii.Net Member
So it´s not good enought how i play ? :eek:

Norm baal 25-40
Nightmare baal 41 - 70 or 71
Hell - 73 or so then baal to 80+ and start to mf

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
XtasyGrizzly said:
So it´s not good enought how i play ? :eek:

Norm baal 25-40
Nightmare baal 41 - 70 or 71
Hell - 73 or so then baal to 80+ and start to mf
In HC I imagine it should be more like:
Normal Baal 30-55
Nightmare Baal 60-76
Hell - 76, then Pits until 85 or so, then get through the game, and then MF (not at Baal runs of course).

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
If i want to pure leech I go:

25-40 norm baals/nm baals

40-70 nm baals

70+ hell baals/pits, w/e.

If i want to kill and have a sorc I go:

25-40 norm baals

40-5x flayer jungle(have a merc with you he levels good)

5x-65~ Halls of pain

65-70 nm baals

70+ Hell baals pits w/e

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
Gogo pits eld shenk pindle ancient tunnels nm meph.
And the CS. 3 super uniques and a diablo in there, can be cleared very quick if you've got the build for it.

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
To Xtasy, you don't even have to hell baal at all to be able to mf. A lot of people I know, myself included level up WHILE mfing and never risk a hell baal run. A friend of mine hit 90 without ever joining a hell run.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Valar-Wrath said:
To Xtasy, you don't even have to hell baal at all to be able to mf. A lot of people I know, myself included level up WHILE mfing and never risk a hell baal run. A friend of mine hit 90 without ever joining a hell run.
Same. My bowzon hit 90 from running pure pits/flayer jungle...Mostly pits though.

XtasyGrizzly

Diabloii.Net Member
Okey then i´ll try that :thumbsup:

but still the big question

lets say that i have a javazon with cheep mf... 4 sock armor with p topaz 3 sock helm with p topaz if i wear that kind of eq then its hard to stay alive and all thats in my mind when i play is MF MF MF MF MF :eek:

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
XtasyGrizzly said:
Okey then i´ll try that :thumbsup:

but still the big question

lets say that i have a javazon with cheep mf... 4 sock armor with p topaz 3 sock helm with p topaz if i wear that kind of eq then its hard to stay alive and all thats in my mind when i play is MF MF MF MF MF :eek:

Eld/Shenk/Pindle in nm and hell are GREAT mf places and lots of exp there to.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
i think there are only two character classes that can solo all the way untwinked, and without mfing: summoner nec and trapper.

personally, ive quested a trapper to a5 hell with -71 res all, and i didnt have any close calls. she was twinked, but she actually qualifies as untwinked, because her gear was ALL mf (the only gear that actually qualifies as "good pvm" is a shako, then the rest are the best mf items in their slots).

if you have some sort of rusher available, then a javazon is also a good choice. in ladder 1, one of my main mfers was a javazon. got her to like ~65 and anya quest done (forgot who rushed her) and she ended up like 91 just doing eld/pind/shenk in hell. it is amusing how many lvls you can get just doing that for like 2 hrs a day.

and yes, i also dont think any pally/druid/barb can get rich untwinked. well, hammerdins maybe, but they are fragile as tissue untwinked.

edit: mfing in general is pretty pointless in hc. its better to stay alive than to find goodies ><

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
[see last statement above... xey's post that is]

Patience will only reward you on Hardcore, and frankly you come off as having absolutely none. You can't just rush to Hell, throw on a bunch of Topazed crap gear, run around with negative resists, and expect to become godly.

The first step is to figure out what characters and builds you enjoy playing. Even if you're not very good at one, you'll learn how to use it and have fun. Then you have to figure out what kind of MFing your specific character is good at. Then you just have to put your time in and hope for the best.

One of the quicker paths to wealth is obviously the Sorc because of Teleport and strong offensive power without great gear. Their downside is their fragility (that almost looks like I just made up a word), but you, like many, don't like casters.

You expressed interest in a Javazon. As others have pointed out, Eldritch/Shenk/Pindleskin in Nightmare and Eld/Shenk/Pindle/Pits in Hell are very good places for Javazons, but these are boss runs. You don't need a lick of MF gear to find stuff from bosses. Every little bit helps, of course, but resists are infinitely more important. A beefy Valk will also go a long way in keeping you alive.

If you insist on running around with crap resists and Topaz gear, I would stick to Normal and Nightmare Cows. Cube up all the gems and hold onto as much LLD jewels and charms as possible, and keep your eye out for green Heavy Boots. All these things can be traded in bulk for very, very nice things at this point in the season.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
xeyloderixed said:
edit: mfing in general is pretty pointless in hc. its better to stay alive than to find goodies ><

Coming from a guy that does mf runs 24/7 + more :)