Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bad Lag? Here is a simple tip

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by chinaboxer, Apr 8, 2004.

1. chinaboxer

chinaboxer IncGamers Member

Bad Lag? Here is a simple tip

I run into alot of people that complain about lag and often suggest this simple solution...

1. find your diabloII folder and open the "video test".
    2. you can skip the test. This will give you the option to run in 2d or 3d mode.
    3. select 2d mode

You will see a HUGE difference parcticularily while dueling. Where lag can be a major factor.

Like i said, most of you probably already know this but i thought i would share it anyways.

Chinaboxer

2. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

If only it'd work on internet lag (ping-time). :)

Could be useful though, but nowadays I think quite a lot of people will have a decent graphic card which can display everything at 30 fps+ without any problem.

3. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Then again, the most popular video cards are GF4MXs and GF2MXs so, some people do lack a bit of graphical horsepower.

Anyone with a true GeForce3 and up (excluding MX) or a Radeon 7000 and up shouldn't have to do that as these cards are more than adaquete enough to run DII.

What would help a lot of people out is if they didn't have so much running in the background or if Sorcs wouldn't spam spells that monsters are immune to then ***** when you raise 1 skellie...

*Normal Hell Baal Run*
    Some-Sorc casts Meteor 10 times on Lister
    UCF-Necro raises a Skellie Warrior

Some-Sorc: OMG!?!! Lag!?!!!111111one

:)

4. Hatebreed.

Hatebreed. IncGamers Member

or they cast like 7meteors before the monsters even appear when they can simply wait till they see the ball shoot from baal and then cast it

5. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

That's obvious why they do it, because the burn dmg stacks which makes for quicker kills.

6. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

lol, I have a geforce4 4800, but due to some glitch it wont let me run in 3D mode, so I run in 2D at 75fps, and this stays no matter whats happening, everyone knows that d2 runs at 25fps right and if theres anything over a few get redrawn right?

7. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Yeah, the same scene will be redrawn for you 3 times if locked at 75FPS as you say you are.

8. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

dude this is an awesome tip. i just tried it and i have no lag at all! i summoned well over 20 minions with my necro and tped around. usually i lag so bad i cant even tp right but this time no lag at all. i guess this means i can make me a summoner now. thanks for the tip. u should share this with the comunity forum.

- joe