Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bad deal?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by jm8103, May 8, 2005.

1. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

Bad deal?

I got an Assasin charm (1 martial arts + 12 life) that dropped from Hell Baal, but i was told that it wasn't a GC HELL BAAL! :(, because this specific charm couldn't drop from him.. Is that true? and where can I check what charms Baal can drop? (i thought that he could drop ALL possible charms in the game)

2. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

If it dropped from Hell Baal, its a Baal GC no matter what anyone says

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Your charm has the "of life" mod, right? Well, the people you talked to has misunderstood. Had it been the "of vita" mod, the life would have been 41-45, but with a non-hell-baal (or diablo or nihlathak) you'd get less life than that with "of vita" and thus people can tell it's not hell baal.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Except for an Annihilus, Baal can drop any charm, including yours. Perhaps that guy checked the item level with *spitting on the ground* MH and he meant that it isn't 99, the ilvl of everything dropped by Baal.

5. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

6. krischan

That doesn't mean anything. All affixes that add to life are named "of life", including the lower ones.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You're kidding, right? The sought after affix on Baal charms is "of Vita", not "of Life". And then for other items, there are "of Sustenance", "of the Jackal", "of the Wolf", "of the .... Whale". There is even an affix that is named "of life" that doesn't add to life, but adds damage reduction.

8. krischan

Oops, that's right. I was referring to the highest suffix "of Vita" which has two different stages. That's obviously not applicable here :rolleyes:

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The "of Vita"... isn't it 30-45 life, dependant on the charms item level? Like,if the charm is lvl 90+ it will always be 41-45 (and never lower) and if it's, err 80+ or something it will always be 35-40 life? I always thought that was how it worked, i.e. it can't be a Baal charm if the "of vita" gives 40 or less life?

10. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

It sure can. There are two separate "of vita" suffixes, one which gives 41-45 life (alvl 91) and another which gives 36-40 life (some lower alvl). Though they share the same name, they act entirely independent of each other.