Bad deal?

jm8103

Diabloii.Net Member
Bad deal?

I got an Assasin charm (1 martial arts + 12 life) that dropped from Hell Baal, but i was told that it wasn't a GC HELL BAAL! :(, because this specific charm couldn't drop from him.. Is that true? and where can I check what charms Baal can drop? (i thought that he could drop ALL possible charms in the game)
 

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Your charm has the "of life" mod, right? Well, the people you talked to has misunderstood. Had it been the "of vita" mod, the life would have been 41-45, but with a non-hell-baal (or diablo or nihlathak) you'd get less life than that with "of vita" and thus people can tell it's not hell baal.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Except for an Annihilus, Baal can drop any charm, including yours. Perhaps that guy checked the item level with *spitting on the ground* MH and he meant that it isn't 99, the ilvl of everything dropped by Baal.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
That doesn't mean anything. All affixes that add to life are named "of life", including the lower ones.
 

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
That doesn't mean anything. All affixes that add to life are named "of life", including the lower ones.
You're kidding, right? The sought after affix on Baal charms is "of Vita", not "of Life". And then for other items, there are "of Sustenance", "of the Jackal", "of the Wolf", "of the .... Whale". There is even an affix that is named "of life" that doesn't add to life, but adds damage reduction.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
helvete said:
You're kidding, right? The sought after affix on Baal charms is "of Vita", not "of Life". And then for other items, there are "of Sustenance", "of the Jackal", "of the Wolf", "of the .... Whale". There is even an affix that is named "of life" that doesn't add to life, but adds damage reduction.
Oops, that's right. I was referring to the highest suffix "of Vita" which has two different stages. That's obviously not applicable here :rolleyes:
 

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Oops, that's right. I was referring to the highest suffix "of Vita" which has two different stages. That's obviously not applicable here :rolleyes:
The "of Vita"... isn't it 30-45 life, dependant on the charms item level? Like,if the charm is lvl 90+ it will always be 41-45 (and never lower) and if it's, err 80+ or something it will always be 35-40 life? I always thought that was how it worked, i.e. it can't be a Baal charm if the "of vita" gives 40 or less life?
 

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
helvete said:
...it can't be a Baal charm if the "of vita" gives 40 or less life?
It sure can. There are two separate "of vita" suffixes, one which gives 41-45 life (alvl 91) and another which gives 36-40 life (some lower alvl). Though they share the same name, they act entirely independent of each other.
 
Top