Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to work Tuesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sirpoopsalot, Sep 5, 2006.

1. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Back to work Tuesday

RL: The long weekend's over here in the US/Canada (anywhere else?). At least it's Tuesday, and not the Monday it feels like. Still, there's work to be done.

Unfortunately, what was my good knee, isn't. I've been pretty immobile for the past 3 days with a moderately pulled LCL. Hopefully it's a pull, because torn ligaments aren't any fun. I've had 3 knee surgeries on my other knee, so it's pretty tired and sore from being the dominant knee again. Getting old sucks (the wind out of your lungs).

D2: I'm still running the Countess :rolleyes:. I'm bidding on a few items in Hepcat's auction, and would like something to reinforce my bids as necessary. I had great luck the previous 1-2 days (Mal, enough to cube an Um, Occulus, Perfect HoZ), but today was only a Ko and a Fal...

Have fun
    everyone

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

RL:

Right now I'm sitting at school, trying to learn something about micro-controllers :tongue:

D2:

I hope I can get my HC avenger through hell act 2 at least. Well, that's when I'm back at home of course

3. Sorsha

Sorsha IncGamers Member

RL: Weekend was nice, spent it with MM mostly relaxing. Back to work today. School starts tomorrow.

D2: started a shockalot yesterday. Named him Toblerone. He's lvl 12 now and killed Bloodraven.

4. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

RL: Work - looking for 200 semi naked people for a Sanex Commercial based on the work of Spencer Tunick Fun fun!

D2: Got Ineluki to lvl 57 last night - he's now in the Flayer Jungle looking for the Brain.

5. colony

colony IncGamers Member

RL: Trying to get stuff sorted out for when I move back to uni. As I'm the first one back I get to arrange just about everything, from electricity to internet access. Lucky me:tongue:

D2: Flavie says I can now cube up another Ber, which means I'm 2/3rds done with all these sodding HF rushes. Only 1 Ber to go, provided Hepcat's auction doesn't get too out of control:laugh:

Edit: Woah, just realised that means I've rushed a Jah rune in 2 and a half weeks (well 19 days, but it's close), with a bit of trading:shocked:

6. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

RL: Also meant to be getting ready to move back to uni. Not sure how to best start it, I'll think on it after work tonight.

D2: City of the Dammed. Took some effort getting past the Plains of Despair due to some nasty combinations of Venom Lords and Burning Souls. After some time I finally got a map with Burning Souls, Corpse Spitters and Flesh Spawners. As well as which, Izual spawned next to a pack of Flesh Spawners and was promptly CE'd into the abyss. Time to go back to previous difficulties and burn some imbues I think...

7. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Ick. I remember that in school. Good luck man.

Shouldn't you be doing, I don't know, work at work hon? :tongue:

RL: Had to work yesterday, but don't have to work today, and I really should be doing some errands or something today, but I can't get the motivation up. Still have laundry, apartment hunting, cleaning... ugh.

D2: Hopefully later I can finish up act 1 with my naked PunchyMcGee. Hopefully.

Off to find lunch!
    ~MM

8. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@sirpoopsalot: I can empathize, man! What used to be my good knee became my bad knee after I wrecked a motorcycle a few years ago, ending my running/soccer/skateboarding/baseball (and motorcycle) fun. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even be able to walk in a few years. :(

Real Life: Still didn't get the damned package of games I ordered last month! Supposedly, it was mailed on August 18th. The company claims some of the games I ordered are now out of stock, so re-sending them would be a problem if they don't arrive. Guess I should just ask for a refund?

I was supposed to visit my Mom this week, but things have come up that I need to be here for, so I will be going next week, instead.

Diablo II LOD: Haven't played yet, today, but played a Cold/Lightning Sorc a bit yesterday.

Jude

9. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

RL: It was nice to have that extra holiday day off, but it sure was hot as heck where I live (on Monday, we left our apartment and did some window shopping at an indoor mall because it was ** degree F inside our apartment). Its an older place, probably built in the 60's or early 70's, so energy conservation wasn't a top proirity then. After running my AC in July when it was very hot and having electric bills almost $300 (a normal bill is about $100!) we decided not to run it, and sweat it out.

So anyways, back to work (in the air conditioning), nose to the grind stone again. Gotta pay those bills!

D2: I didn't play that much this weekend, but still plodding along with my 1.09 sorc. It's not actually plodding, but going pretty smoothly. Gained a few levels (38 I think), so mana isn't a big an issua as before. Currently in A3 NM.

EDIT: Speaking about knee problems, my left knee has been bugging me for a little while now, had and MRI done last week, and have an appt. this afternoon to find out the results. This injury has kept me out of volleyball for about a month now. Sucks.

10. Hamburger

Hamburger IncGamers Member

RL: Finally got some sleep- I had to turn in a program (using C/C++) yesterday, so I stayed awake since Sunday 11am until Monday 11pm or so(that's 36 hours in a row)
    Then I slept for about 13 hours, and here I am :laugh:

D2: I played a bit, got my frenzy barb to level 46, and my blizzy to level 77 through AT runs.
    Found a 3 socket Head Hunter's Glory, but no other real finds, so I won't post in the item find thread yet, I like to post lots of items at a time :grin:
    I may play a bit more today.

@sirpoops: wow, that sucks. I rely a lot on my knees(I'm a goalkeeper), but I've never really got hurt...maybe I should start using kneepads, heh. I hope you get better soon!

edit: wrote 47 instead of 77 :laugh:

11. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

RL : College has been going all right. All my classes so far have been really easy as i have done it all at school before and i remember most of it.

Diablo : NOt had much time really, Been too tired for anything really

12. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

RL: back to uni, subjects look more interesting (harder too) than last year.

D2: started 1.11 hf rushing again, its alot harder now...only one comp, and it handels 8 d2 instances only for 10-15 mins before (virtual memory low) enough time for ancients and baal...I hope...

13. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

RL: Busy weekend with the kids - a 6-year-old's birthday party (neighbor kid) on Saturday, then yesterday schlepped into Boston to hang out at the Common and Public Garden. Kids really loved the Swan Boats, thought the "Make Way For Ducklings" statues were OK - I had expected the opposite. You never can tell with kids. :smiley: My four year old then thoroughly soaked himself in the sprinklers at the playground by Frog Pond on the Common. Luckily we had a change of clothes for him. (You make your own luck. :wink3:)

D2: Playing my Untwinked Grail Tourney Fishymancer in dribs and drabs when I can find time. He's doing OK for the amount of time I got to play this weekend (i.e.: next to none.)

14. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Well, PunchyMcGee just killed normal Andy. She was actually easier than half the catacombs. :rolleyes: I'm rather disappointed in myself, as he died once on catacombs 2 to a LE shaman (my fault). I got a bit too overzealous punching and bolted him to death. Oops.

Anyway, here's the LCS in act 2, hopefully this works, it's the first time I'm posting a picture here:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Next up is work on my M'Avina's Frostmaiden/strafer creatively named Bowyer. After the character in Mario RPG (as I didn't know what a bowyer was at the time). She's got to make it through act 5 normal.
    ~MM