Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to the SPF- With Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hermit_boy, Mar 17, 2004.

1. hermit_boy

hermit_boy IncGamers Member

Back to the SPF- With Questions

Hey Everyone.

Way back, I used to be an SPFer. Diablo is calling me back, so I figured I would come back to here and get re-entrenched into the community.

It looks like a lot of things have changed, and I don't recognize most of the people here anymore. I guess I will tell you a bit about myself before I start in with the questions.

I am a SITCOM. (Single Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage)
    I have played Diablo, DiabloII, and LoD all from day 1 of their release.
    I have made Patriarch\Matriarch with 5 of the 7 classes. (missing Paladin and Assassin)
    When I left, I was chasing after the Holy Grail. I have 100% of the Normal Items, 87% of the Exceptionals, and 27% of the Elites.

My questions mostly have to do with 1.10. I dropped out of the picture before 1.10 was released. The last I heard it made things really difficult for SPers. I am thinking I will just stick to 1.09.

How many people on this Forum play 1.10, and how many are still sticking with 1.09?
    How difficult is 1.10? I don't mind it being tough, but I don't want to have to hit each monster in Players 1 Act 5 Hell with 20 Frozen orbs just to hurt them.
    Are the extras to 1.10 worth playing it for?
    Is the SPF still the best Forum on the net? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hey welcome back :thumbsup: , good too see an old veteran bringing his expirience back to the forums ;) there are still lots of people playing 1.09 here but the bigger part is 1.10...

and IMO the extra's are more then worth it ;)

euhm who the heck can you doubt your last question, how dare you to even ask it :lol:

Welcome back again, hope you'll enjoy your stay, again

robin

3. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Greetings. The switch from 1.09 was not easy for me and I wasn't really a very rich player. I think my only elite was Gladiator's Bane and I had 2 burizas. I essentially started all over. None of my 1.09 char's were viable, but that's cause I didn't really build them that well. Browse the sticky to see what builds are working these days. Those are the easy ones, lots of people have more original work and it seems with patience, the right items and skill you can make almost anything work (fartarian anyone?). If you want to try an assassin, I recommend C-beat's hybrid, Jrichards trapper, or Wildjinn's TS/DTail. The last one requires a couple bartucs for ease of play in Hell but it sounds like you might just have those. The drops in 1.10 are much nicer and there are some neat runewords. Runes are still hard to find.

4. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

Welcome back Hermit_boy, I remember you from the old days. It´s always good to see old members comming back into the fold!

I only play 1.10. There are a whole bunch of new items to find. There are new and POWERFUL runewords, and your uniques and rares are upgradeable.(With the Horadric cube).
    Hell has become much more difficult in 1.10 so you might want to consider making a new character or two, since the skills got a big overhaul in the patch. Synergy bonuses from skills are new to 1.10 too, and really changes the way we build characters these days.

As for your final question:
    Yes, the SPF is still the greatest forum in the galaxy! :yep:

Have a drink on me at the EMB! :drink:

-BeatMaster

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I recognize that name! Welcome back! :howdy:

1.10 is worth it, and in the end not too too hard. In my opinion, you just have to play smarter rather then just chaotic hacking with a sword.

6. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

I made the upgrade to 1.10 with some hesitation, but I am loving it...there are more monsters to kill=more fun. It is a bit harder, but in a more challenging/more fun way, not a pain in the *** can't kill anything way. You just have to build better characters now.

And yes, of course, the SPF is still the best place on the net.

7. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Welcome back! :thumbsup:

Yes, yes you should switch to 1.10, far better than 1.09 IMO. Sure it's a bit harder and whatnot, but that's completely and utterly overshadowed by all the new items, runewords, recipies, synergies etc. And the best part of 1.10, the unique and powerful builds....scratch that, unique and EXTREMELY powerful builds(as long as you build em right ;) )

SPF is, and always will be, the best forum on the net.

-Pb

8. hermit_boy

hermit_boy IncGamers Member

Alright, alright, I can take a hint. I guess I will do the upgrade to 1.10. :lol: The more I think about it, the more I realize that it may be good to come back to something different enough to hold my attention. I played 1.09 to death, so 1.10 may do me some good.

I do have dual Bartucs, so I may try an Assassin first. It still kills me that I have not killed Hell Baal with the Paladin and Assassin, so I need to do that.

Thanks for the suggestions!

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Welcome back! :wave:

It is nice to see some old member coming back here since some long-time regulars have now left our wondeful forum

Maybe this place isn't what it used to be, but the situation here isn't bad

And about patches...1.10 is really worth it. I really didn't want to upgrade from 1.09 when I tested 1.10-beta but I encouraged myself and never looked back. All my 1.09 characters sucked but hey, I had bunch of nice items from 1.09 MF runs as like you. Just make new viable build and start searching for all new sweet stuff

And this is much more interesting now than it was in 1.09, now you can even die!

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Welcome back! (I remember the name from way back when I was lurking, so you probably won't know me... *evil laughter*)

If you're going to upgrade to 1.10 then watch out for FE monsters in late NM and all through Hell, as they're severely bugged (think 1.09's MSLE, but without the need for you to hit them, and no known defence...). Otherwise, it's a great patch to play.

11. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Hi, Hermit Boy! :wave:
    I kinda seem to remember you, welcome back to terrificest forum ever!.
    I'm still on 1.09. With my limited playing time I think 1.10 would be too hard to get anwhere, though I think about upgrading regularly. The new itamz are shiny and seductive, but I am withstanding the force. :innocent:
    Started playing 1.09 HC, though. Fun, but.....

12. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Hey welcome back! I remember you, it's been a while heh? :howdy:

13. ashrael2

ashrael2 IncGamers Member

Welcome back! I just returned 2 weeks ago and as you said, things have changed.

I am now playing 1.10 exclusively and am thoroughly enjoying it. It is harder, but not too hard. I currently have a (highly) twinked Paladin in Act 5 Hell and he is doing fine on "/Players 4" with only his merc.

I would recommend [P/M]atriarching your last two characters, because it is a great feeling (I did that shortly before quitting last June).

14. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

welcome back, and best of luck with the new chars you will no doubt be starting for 1.10! :D

15. Gengis Chuck

Gengis Chuck IncGamers Member

Welcome back! Always did love that 'tar of yours. :thumbsup:

16. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I remember you as a poster when I was only lurking at the SPF so long ago. Welcome back! :thumbsup:

17. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

And a warm welcome-back from the Vegameister a well! :wave:

I sure do remember you, even if alot of Meph's have given their dark soul to their creator eversince you and I were both posting together... ;)

Hope you enjoy your new 1.10 adventure! :spy:

18. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

I agree - your 'tar r teh roxxor :p

Welcome back. I'm playing both 1.09 and 1.10 in approximately equal amounts. 1.09 mostly MPing with D2Addict, Icebird, and a bunch of others. 1.10 I'm playing HC and have a goal to get 7 Guardians (one per class).

19. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

Welcome back Hermit_Boy! :wave: Just came back to the forums myself, I remember you from a while back. Don't worry about 1.10 being too hard, I've hardly noticed a difference in the difficulty since I switched over. Good to see more old members comin' back! :D

20. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

So another one returns to the fold.

It's great to see you back, Hermit. There's still a fair few of the older crew here, although a number did leave for other places a few months ago (including several of the forum legends from my time as a lurker).

Despite that, we still have a great community here, and while most of us play 1.10, we also find it playable, just a little more difficult for melee builds and the more outlandish variants.

So drop by at the EMB for a quiet drink or two & remind us of things gone by - the first drink's on me. :drink:

Enjoy your time here.