Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to SP - new bowazon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by a_shikoff, Sep 3, 2010.

1. a_shikoff

a_shikoff Diabloii.Net Member

Back to SP - new bowazon

Hello fellow single players :)
    Recently I decided to give D2 some more play time (after some years of rest from it). I leveled my MF sorc till Meph hell did some runs and got Buriza and WWS bows. Logically I decided to make an amazon :)
    Questions are - which of the 2 to use - WWS or Buriza. Another one - strafe or MS or both ?
    How to deal with PI in hell?

THanks for your answers :)

2. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Re: Back to SP - new bowazon

I prefer strafe to MS if my aim is effectiveness. Strafe can handle both crowds and bosses with ease while you may have a problem in facing bosses with MS. If you choose strafe, then WWS may be a better choice as it has both offensive and defensive mods (not to forget 2 os).But u've got to upgrade to kill anything in hell. amp from WWS almost takes care of all PI's.

Buriza also is a decent weapon with high damage, cold damage and pierce. Crossbows in general are slower. Buriza worked best for me with MS than with strafe.

For PI's, harmony + duress combo works fine for me apart from amp.

3. nebux

nebux Diabloii.Net Member

from my experience you don't need to max multishot at all. my windforce zon has about 10 in multishot and that's enogh to clear p8 pits. i've also maxed guided arrow for bosses. but anyway you should be able to have enought skill poinnts to max strafe and dump the rest in multi and valk

4. potter

potter Diabloii.Net Member

If you 'Hel' the buriza, its strength req (**) will be similar to that of an upped WWS (89), so can go both weapons and skills. With 40 ias off-hand, you'll hit some decent breakpoints for both weapons and skills.

PI solution:
    Buriza - Cold damage. PI/CI is your enemy here.
    WWS - Ping away till amp hits. If unbreakable, switch to regular attack as it has a built-in slvl 20 Magic arrow.

5. Joeyzon

Joeyzon Diabloii.Net Member

I know there are better bows...but Buriza is my all time favorite xbow...if you choose to go with it...try to get an Atma Scarab ammy to make your PI problems almost disappear completely. You can use Atma's with WWS also, but they are 2 different levels of AMP, so they don't exactly stack. Of course you could always use one, then have the other on switch, if you just can't make your mind up. Another PI solution is to use an act 2 merc with Reaper's Toll.

6. Pär

Pär Diabloii.Net Member

Strafe is beauty. Beauty is strafe. The slowly undulating sine-cosine curves of a properly place tightly spaced Strafe arrow hails is unequaled in the annals of Diablo 2 aesthetics.

Seriously, find me something more pleasing to the eye than an slowly curving and repeating wave of Strafe from a properly speedy Bow? That's right, you can't. It's why to play Amazon. All you easy mode Necro's and MF Sorc's can die in cookie cutter hades.

7. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

HAHAHA great post. I don't know much about bowazon's, but welcome to SP, a_shikoff.

8. Pär

Pär Diabloii.Net Member

*Hades

Also, make a Zephyr bow as early as possible. It's THE thing to keep on an Amazon's weapon switch (also good to keep that weapon switch loaded up with Valkyrie so it's harder to miss which bow you happen to have equipped).

Why Zephyr (available from Countess in Normal after just a few runs, say about 20-30 runs my guess)?

Because it dramatically speeds up travel.