Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to playing again - did I do this right? or You paid what for that helm?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by denverpoker, Oct 2, 2006.

1. denverpoker

denverpoker IncGamers Member

Back to playing again - did I do this right? or You paid what for that helm?

Taking a break from playing online poker and D2 got me hooked again. I play a bowazon almost exclusively and I think she's pretty good, with good gear. My problem is choosing which gear to wear. I was playing around and decided to pull out my old socketed (15 IAS) Mav's helm. This allowed me to get down to 7/2 with my Faith. I think so anyway.

I was in a trading area and someone was showing off their gear. I saw a 3 socket helm with +69 life on it. I knew I must have one of these. I've tried for a couple of days to find one with life, dex, or frw. Well I finally found one tonight.

1) Did I overpay? I traded a hi rune for it. I got the high rune by trading an extra pair of gores for an OHM. My this ladder has an inflationary economy. When I last played gores were a pul going to a lem for value. The helm had no sockets. He refused both a pul and an um. I used my only high rune just wanting to get one. The helm is also a circlet with no sockets. Not even a Tiara or Diadem.

2) How do I get this sucker to have 3 sockets? I believe its so low level that even Lazaruk would only give it to sockets. I looked at cube recipe to up a normal magic item. Ral+Thul+Perf Amethyst to upgrade from normal to Exceptional. That seems reasonable. I'm not concerned about defense, I play bowazon style don't hit me. But I want to make sure Lazaruk will give this helm three sockets. Now if I have to upgrade again that is freaking expensive. KO + Pul + Perf Amethyst. I'm mostly concerned about how this would work. Do I need to go all the way to make sure this has 3 sockets.

Any comments appreciated. If I can figure out how to get this thing to work then I need to figure out what to put in the helm. Obviously 3 IAS with mods. I'm trying to figure that out now.

Thank you for your help.

2. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

The circlet you traded had what mods?
    You cant upgrade magic items to start with sorry to say, only uniques and circlets at best can get 2 sockets from larzuk.There is no cube recipe to get three sockets..I think your out of luck.

3. snotblood

snotblood IncGamers Member

You need to realize it's not that a Gores cost a HR now and that Gores are expensive, its that HRs are now so cheap because of the flood of dupes.

Normally I'd offer a Pul for Gores and usually that would do the trick, maybe an Um for perf or near perf. The person u traded with must have wanted something specific to request a HR.

4. denverpoker

I know you can upgrade rares the question is can you upgrade magic. I would not take a chance on cube I need Lazaruk for max sockets.

5. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Nope you cant upgrade magic items.Only recipe I know to change there stats is 3pgems and magic item transmuted in the horadric cube.If your helm was a tiara or diadem you could get 3 sockets in a lucky cube roll.Circlets and coronets only get 2 sockets at maximum.

Yes your right you can upgrade rare circlets also on ladder and single player only.

Although you didnt say the stats on the circlet im guessing it had a nice second mod like high life.Im also guessing the guy you traded it from told you it would get 3 sockets.Best to check here or arreat summit before making trades your not sure of.

Trading gores to get the ohm was a good trade however so you really didnt lose out imo.

6. ubermoose

ubermoose IncGamers Member

There is no way can get 3 sockets with that helm. It would need to have either the artisans or jewellers prefix and to not be a circlet or coronet. And at larzuk you still only have a 50/50 chance of getting 2.

IMO the helm = nothing because 2 sockets wont get you the 45ias you need.

7. denverpoker

Learned my lesson

Thanks for the help.
    Whoops live and learn.

Diablo 2 much better than online poker. A bad decision in poker costs hundreds of dollars. Thanks all.