Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

back to LOD after two years.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by suzieff, Sep 5, 2010.

1. suzieff

suzieff IncGamers Member

back to LOD after two years.

hiya. i decided to come (crawling) back to d2 after quitting two years ago. and thank god i remembered this site. are things still the same? ie. meph runs with blizz sorcs, items, high runes still run the economy, and crafting etc. anndd last but not least.. people still rush for forge? (hopefully, otherwise i'm effed). thanks in advance!

:)

2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Re: back to LOD after two years.

If 1.12 was the last one you played then...

The changes were a bit dramatic since you played last.
    Improved rune drops.
    There are tables, but basically the higher runes drop 4x as often, iirc.

Being able to change your character's stats and skills.
    You get at least 3 of these as you play the game, after completing Den of Evil in Act I talk to Akara again in each of the difficulties. You can get more if you collect the three tokens from the act bosses in hell mode(andy and duriel have the same item) Once you have one of each put them into the cube for a token of absolution which gives you one free respec (that is what its called around here iirc.) The drop rates are similar to the drops for the keys iirc.

Oh and Blessed Hammer no longer ignores resistance anymore. Some other skills were changed, but not dramatically, iirc.

If it was 1.11, those above were patch 1.13 added. 1.12 added a NOCD fix, just be sure to copy over your .MPQ files and you should be able to play without the CD.

Sorry for all the if I remember correctly, iirc. I have not played much lately and play single player so can not answer some of your questions.

3. suzieff

suzieff IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot! i appreciate your reply! haha. i'm currently waiting for the blizzard downloader so i can install the game again. soo let me get this straight. i can change my stats and skills three times per character/act? like all of them reset or is it my choosing or random? thanks in advance.

4. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

You can change them once per difficulty, with 3 max free. If you trade/find the special tokens from hell difficulty and cube them or trade for a token of absolution then you can get one more. The tokens of absolution are unlimited in the number of times you can do them as long as you have the ingredients. The free respecs and tokens can be used at anytime you want at any level.

Check out here for more details.
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Patch_1.13
    * Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty. ie if you'd completed the quest back in 1.12 or earlier patch.

I cannot find an exact explanation for respec, but here is it in a nut shell... When you respec you essentially get a clean slate, just as if you had leached to that level not using any stat or skill points. Even the quest bonuses like Izual giving 2 free skill points is reset as long as you have done the quest they will be there for you to reallocate. You do not loose nor gain any stat/skill points this way. It is simply as if you had played the game without using any stat/skill points ever up to that point.

This will enable you to try out builds that you thought could not be possible or if you prefer waste some stat points into energy so that your Blizzard Sorceress does not have such a difficult time getting to level 24+ OR change your build entirely going from say MeteOrb to Blizzard and back again later if you'd like. Getting to higher levels never sounded easier.

5. suzieff

suzieff IncGamers Member

thanks again!

6. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

Cool, I haven't played since 1.11 or something, and had no ide about this change. Now you can actually invest points in skills that are very usefull in normal and nightmare, but near useless in hell, without gimping your char later.