Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back To It Mondaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by CorruptedMollusk, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CorruptedMollusk

CorruptedMollusk IncGamers Member

Back To It Mondaily

RL: Had a good weekend, now I'm getting around to starting the week off again. Got some errands to run, need to get started on cleaning up the hall closet(it turns out using it as a storage location for things that don't have an obvious home will bite you in the a** eventually), then go back to work.

D2: Starting a sorceress to run NM Meph, then Hell Meph eventually. I really hate sorceresses early game. My amazon is slowing down, and needs some gear upgrades.

Have a good day SPFers.

2. queenEm

queenEm IncGamers Member

Re: Back To It Mondaily

RL: yes Monday indeed. However; I am on my first day of 4 weeks lovely vacation so no work for me!! I will construct a support system for my tomato plants and most likely also make black current jam (and also schnaps...)

D2: of course time for some fighting as well. My sorc killed NM Diablo yesterday and I will see if I can get her into hell today. But I also started my first HC char. A druid that I would like to pay some attention to. Weirdest thing. I guess it is correct but when he is in werewolf shape you don't see any weapons, armors or shields. I'm not sure I like that...

3. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

RL: Finals week. Haven't started studying yet, and barely even slept for that matter. Can't wait to see how things go starting about 6 hours from now.

Just took a recommendation and watched Shukufuku no Campanella, a supposed cross of Aria and Tower of Druaga. Let it be known that curiosity does indeed kill. It's technically within my favorite genre, but I'd still sooner jump off a bridge than develop diabetes from another minute of watching.

D2: Successful matriculation depends entirely on this week. Enough said. :p

4. roshen

roshen IncGamers Member

RL: Officially on holiday. But I'll be going to the lab today to check out the new sequencing equipment that came in over the weekend. Yay! What fun! Big expensive machinery! Will be fun to see if it works as fast as they claim.

D2: The MFO continues. I have lots of time off this week. 1+1=2.

5. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

@Nagisa: I've been wondering: How are you still alive with your study intensity? Do you ever sleep at all? Are you in school or in college?

6. Grapeape

Grapeape IncGamers Member

RL: waking up, coffee, smoke, foruming, started some laundry. went fishing yesterday all i caught was a sunburn, but i got to sit on a boat all day drinking beer so it's all good... going again today.

D2: maybe some tonight, depends how tired i am.

7. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

RL: Well I hope I didn't fire my apprentice cook tonight. Not my call but I have significant say in it. Only problem with it is that if he is done then I just made myself work another 8 hrs. a week without the fire calls.:doh: Please, please, all god make it so I don't have to break 70 hr. a week of work.

D2: I hope to make a couple of levels with my lower level characters.

8. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

monday. Monday. MONDAY!

Woo!

RL: Up, usual, etc., realized milk had soured so no milk for coffee :)rant: but it's alright, black is nice now and again, and that's what I get for not making a list before going to the grocery). Upcoming: you guessed it, plus tackle some issues that have arisen with my application for a small management position at workies (apparently, they don't count contractors as employees (when it comes to internal job applications): if that's the case, I'll probably withdraw my application, but I might fix it up to make them happy; anyways, I hope to get it straightened out today). Then some yada, a trip to the grocery for milk, and a big steaming plate of usual. Woo!

D2: Unlikely, though I did run the D2Restore script I built to get the most current data from Dropbox from the LemonBook in preparation of playing, but then I didn't play, and am unlikely to today.

9. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

Rl: waiting on brand new copies of Kotor, FFT, and harvest moon: back to nature. Bought them because my copies went to crap scratched/broken disk, only problem I didn't expect was the cost. Getting kotor 1 new wasn't that bad but because of the rarity of FFT and Harvest moon each of them cost more then 120$. So I saved for a month or to and there on their way to me as we speak. I hope they come tomorrow cause I picked faster shipping:thumbup:.

D2: I want MP new chars/twinked

OVG: Dungeon fight's coming up and its gonna be brutal.

10. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

RL: Vacation!!!!! Wooo!!!! :balloons:

In light of recent events, I'm thanking my lucky stars that I don't have to use The Grandview Triangle. It was pretty much a mess before it collapsed, but now its just gonna be :crazyeyes:. This morning I'm going to see my eye doctor so I can order more contact lenses. Yay.

D2: MFO!!!!! Time to wipe that smirk off team SLOWMGs face, or at least decrease it a little.

11. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

RL: "Vacation"... week 6... getting pretty tired of it actually. Summers are like that. This week might bring a change. I'm supposed to get a new laptop for work. Setting that up and tweeking stuff will provide some entertainment disguised as work.

D2: Finishing up lvl 87 for the druid by running Hell Meph. Getting annoyed at Bremm Sparkwhatever being harder to get by than Meph is to kill.

12. DSchaos

DSchaos Banned

Real life: struggling with new roles at work after transition last year.

D2: DS_Chaos hit Conqueror status at level 61

13. Ojimijam

Ojimijam IncGamers Member

RL: Work was pretty chilled, a guy was off on holiday but we had a temp from another store who filled in perfectly, quite a relaxed day. Downside is it looks unlikely that they will be able to offer me more hours :(

Tonight i write my first part of the fanfic, hopefully. Havnt done any creative writing since it was a topic in school :s

D2: After thinking about assassins all day i am eager to get my WW/trap assassin going and may just start her as PvM and respec to PvP later *shrugs*

14. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Pijus: College. Taking a summer class right now before going to graduate school, so the scheduling is naturally tight. 5 hours of sleep is plenty at this age though. :)

Urkel: Good luck on the runs! (You'll need it. :wink:)

15. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

@Nagisa: I'd go insane. Never used to skip sleep to do homework...

RL: Mentally preparing for tomorrows dentist appointment. Kind of scared since I have a chasm in my teeth. Also raking grass to make myself feel productive.

D2: Runs.

OVG: One through the portal map in Torchlight. My character kicks butt though.

16. nualum

nualum IncGamers Member

RL: Finally starting to wake up today. Only took until lunchtime. I don't think I'm in good (or bad?) enough physical shape for the MFO.

D2: Monotony, thy name is pindleskin.

17. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

RL: Work day #1 is done. Although the xGF said she didn't want to know if I ever started dating 'cuz it would hurt her heart, I let it slip that I spent some time on Sunday with my new potential female friend. I don't know what her real reaction is because she's rather guarded, but she probably didn't like it.

How'd things go with the new girl, you ask? Just about the same as the first time we met: Ehhh. Not bad, but not great. Ate at an Indian restaurant, came back to my place to watch the Sherlock Holmes movie, then sat around for four hours talking and listening to music. She's nice and all, but it's not exciting or entertaining in the least. To be blunt, I just don't care about getting to know her, and I can't think of anything to do around the house together. It's... boring. We made tentative plans to go downtown on Friday to see some DJs, but I'm not really looking forward to it... I may cancel it.

As for tonight, not much. Sandwich, TV, lazing about.

D2: Not yet.

OVG: Maybe Torchlight, certainly FarmVille. Might talk with the Canadian chick for a bit tonight and see if she opens up. Unlike the girl above, I'd have rapt attention for everything she has to say. It's sad. I don't care about the girl in front of me, and all I can think about is the one 1,500 miles away.

18. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that TRM, at least it's RL social interaction. Are you not even interested as a friend?

RL: Tough day at work. My car seems to be haemorraging (sp?) petrol but it might just be because I'm still a n00by driver. Watching more ER and House with the GF. It's scary how little time there is before we move.

D2: Killed another HC char, this time to Stormtree in A2 Normal. Sigh. He had the coolest name...

OVG: Nope.

19. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

/Oh, and I watched Inception yesterday. If you haven't seen it, go see it now. Totally awesome./

RL: The doc called and said my liver needs me to sleep more/eat better/drink less/stop popping painkillers for a while before I can abuse it again. :scratchchin: I eat a healthy diet, I've drank barely any alcohol all month long, so I'm guessing it's the cycle of sleep 4 hours --> wake up with headache --> pop 2 tylenols that's been going on for a month or two. :D

D2: AT @ MFO clocking in close 3000 runs. Putting a Shako on my Blizzy is quite ugly, so I'm considering wasting a socket quest on a low-roll Nightwing's and tossing a P.Topaz in there.

OVG: King's Bounty. Interesting game... it's the only game I've ever played that encourages your character dying.

Seeing your Jah (a spiteful congrats btw) did give me some displeasure, but seeing a certain team member's own drops was a tad bit more discouraging. :tongue:

@Nagi: As a member of Team SLOWMG, I fully expect you to ditch sleep to balance your studying with your MFOing. ;p But really, good luck on finals.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  20. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

@FastE: Eh... I don't know. Having a couple friends in RL might be nice, but if I'm honest I am kinda of sick of being in a position where I have to feign interest. I cared about the xGF, sure, but I spent a lot of time pretending that EVERYTHING she complained about mattered. Also, now that I'm single I like having my free time; being with the new girl I'm not enjoying spending my time not doing what I want to do so far. And like I wrote in a previous daily, I have no idea how to just "chill" with people anymore. I'm mostly uncomfortable, even in the midst of our pointless idle chatter. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's her, but likely it's me. And I'd hate to waste her time, too, though she seems to love just sitting around and saying meaningless things back and forth. At the end of the day, she came in for a hug... considering how I'm feeling, I just stood frozen for a nanosecond until I realized how impolite it would have been to leave her hanging...

@omg: Rrrr, that stinks about your liver. And makes me nervous about my own. I pop two heavy dose, yet still over the counter, pain killers every morning because of my overworked hands. Maybe I should actually use some of that 3.5 weeks of paid time off I've saved up. ...and then drop $650 for a plane ticket to see the Canadian chick... :whistling: