Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back to D2, Help with IK Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bruemor, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Bruemor

Bruemor IncGamers Member

Back to D2, Help with IK Barb

Hey guys, been a long time player of D2, stoped playing just as 1.10 came out, have a 98 zon on non ladder that is now reitred lol. Hes got a wf, 2 5% bk rings and war travs going to waste but oh well.
    Anyways, now I really liked the idea of collecting IK armor set and making an IK barb. I started already, im lvl 20 in act 2 just about done with it. Ive seen a few things, just got a few questions. For best IK barb build, what do you guys suggest real success with for skills, and stats, also what amulet do you use? I was thinking max mace, conc, shout, and BO, unsure about anything else, i thought natural resist was key but unsure. Would really appreciate it if someone could break it down for me, thanks all.

- Brue

2. Shadow_Hide

Shadow_Hide IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome back to D2, I'm also have a Ik barb, even tho He's not fully 1.10 IK tho but He rules still.Anywayz one of my suggestion would be Iron (Max concentrate, shout, BO, iron skin and Mace mastery), I reckon this will be the best possible build for an IK, because, since u are using IK set, there will be no Frenzy,(well unless u active the frenzy with 2 weapons then do weapon swtich, but personaly, I don't see any point of doin that), and Zerker,, since u have no DR during zerking, then a Shield will be a must, but it's up 2 u, and 2 more builds, WW and Iron, well u can make a quite good WWer with IK set, but remember u can do mych better if stick with polarms and spear for max Area and reach,well it's all personal refence. the reason I love Iron so much is because, with insane amount of DR and u get Boost from Iron skin,Shout and Concentrate u will barly get hit and IK set also offers large amout of life, resistance and skill boost, so combine then with High DR, th result will be sweet. about stats: strength should be no more than 190, I would suggest u leave Dex at base, rest in Vit don't worr about AR, u will have enough from the set, Mastery and concetrate, but if u are still missing in Hell a blessed aim Merc can fix up the loss,
    About the rings, Dwaf star, wedding ring, Raven froest are all sweet, just aviod caster ring like Soj, yes it does have +1 skill, but that's about it, and there isn't any thing else for u to look at as a Barb. thats about all I know. good luck :lol:

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

we've had some extensive discussions about ik barbs the past week, try looking on page 2-3.

4. Bruemor

Bruemor IncGamers Member

Cool, thanks alot shadow, appreciate it...so nothing in ww? i heard it was nerfed real bad.

5. mstrnicegui

mstrnicegui IncGamers Member

I have a ww ik barb at lvl 85 and he's pretty much retired. Unless you have a godly group of charms/jewels, you will start seeing trouble ww in later acts of hell and in multiplayer games. I can hardly do a countess run in hell, when I run into a PI/mana burn pack I'm either watching big chunks of my almost 4k life disappear as I stand there zerking, or use lvl 1 concentrate and take twice as much time with my life bulb dropping more slowly, but at about the same amount over the twice as long. If there were no PI/mana burn/fanat bosses, my ik ww guy would rock, but that isn't the case, so I'm gonna retry an ik conc barb to go with my crescent moon conc barb(lvl 80) who tanks up a storm even in hell act 3 with 8players(not yet pushed my way to acts 4+5), though it takes forever to kill anything with my 800-2.3k dmg. The point is, I don't mind the wait as I haven't gotten over the novelty of my life bulb actually staying full in later acts of hell.

6. Bruemor

Bruemor IncGamers Member

I hope this was a good move, i have so far maxed conc, and bo, gonna work on shout and iron skin next. Does anyone else use this ik conc build and like? I was thinking about ww but it it looks like it was nerfed some and i guss i just feel like defense is the best way to go....did i mess up with maxing conc?....also, what would best rings/amulet choice be...i know raven and bk rings are good but ill need life and mana leech, so with that in mind, what are good choices for those slots?
    I found this one ring 3% mana leech, 9 str 8 life 25 % lightning res 23 fire res and 12 cold res...any good?

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Like SuperMe said, there are literally dozens of IK barb posts in the forum, so just look around a bit to find answers to your questions. We're not trying to be rude, it's just that we've answered this same question over and over, lol.

If you stick with your conc version, max shout and mastery next, as your defense will be fine for a good while, and you're going to want more damage/ar/critical strike.

-Hal