Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

back in the game

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jdgang, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jdgang

jdgang IncGamers Member

back in the game

well i finally got bored with playing my 1st person shooter games and decided to go back to DII. I really havnt played since 1.09 and at that time had all the good stuff. Now I am starting over again. I decided to start with a zon cause well just cause. In reading the post it seems that the only way to be uber again is with all of the uber items. I dont really play alot so my question is. Is this stuff really hard to find/trade for? I really dont have the hours to play like I use too. Can I do it on some of the fun non uber items (goldstrike, buriza, razortail etc etc) or do I really need to get the crazy runes words and unquie elites.

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the forums! Good to see you made it back to D2.

You can certainly beat the game using less than godly items. I do all the time. I do not have the uber items. I do not have time to play like I used to. I threw away everything when the new ladder season began so I started over, too.

Try Crash's guide or play as an LF javazon. A strafer using regular bows may be fun, too. Those may be the easiest way to begin again.

Are you playing single player or on one of the realms?

3. jdgang

jdgang IncGamers Member

I am on the realms useast. had a lf/ga titans/burzia welding zon back in the day (through i did start playing with an almost perfect goldstrike near the end) but from what I have been reading this build does not seem as good as it was before. which i am kind of glad about since the game was getting a little too easy. though i do miss my guys. should have kept on logging in every 90 days but didnt. thanks for the advice

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Witchwild String is an awesome bow and shouldn't be too hard getting your hands on....Actually with the upgrading recipee, pretty much all the exceptional bows will make decent end-game weapons...of course nothing compares to Windforce/Faith but less will certainly do. There are a lot of Strafe threads here on the first page, check them out.

And welcome to the forums:)

5. jdgang

jdgang IncGamers Member

I will look for one. In reading the strafe threads I am assuming that the strafe lock bug has been fixed? Other than that my next question regards the secondary skill.it seems that it could be almost anything I want. FA, CS and LF are all mentioned what about IA. Is this a viable option? always wanted to use this skill. and is what with the Valk. She spawns now with different weapons/armor?

6. Chimaira

I've heard of Strafe lock...but not as a bug...You'll continue firing arrows at all monsters you can see, which can sometimes lead to hairy situations, but that's not a bug it's a...feature:)

I think that Freezing arrow is better than Immolation...I haven't tried Immolation but I havent's seen a single person around here recommend it...Also with Freezing Arrow you also get some nice crowd control, then there's also the nast casting delay on Immolation Arrow, which is very annoying, not just damage wise.

Yes the valkyrie spawns with different equipment each time you cast her...that's why she changes colour. At lvl 17 she'll get a rare War pike...so there is potential for some serious damage...Yes a valkyrie dealing damage, sounds ludicrous but it's true...and so very sweet.

7. jdgang

jdgang IncGamers Member

WOW blizzard finally made a good change cant wait to see my valk actually kill a monster. but she still is the best tank in the game? alright I was going to go with GA (loved it in 1.09) but I will try FA with this one.

8. Chimaira

Yes it's weird isn't it:) People usually say she is the best tank in the game...but the other summons like Grizzly and Shadow Master are also very good...I'm not sure which one is the best, Grizzly only needs 1 point to be an effective tank, and Shadow Master can cast all sorts of nifty spells, but anyway Valkyrie is very good tank, definitely worth it. Guided Arrow + Pierce was so coool..I remember it too.

9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Are there any items in the game with charges of level ... valkyrie? Now that would be cool.

10. Chimaira

I don't think there are....However there is the Harmony bow with +2-6 to Valkyrie...Which is even better than charges.

11. jdgang

jdgang IncGamers Member

yea i loved my burzia with GA and pierce you could mow down any boss with just a couple of taps with your valk tanking. oh well need to change the way I play. But another question with the synergies does +skills add to them or do you have to invest the points into it?