Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back in the game, with some Qs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NacRuno, Aug 29, 2006.

1. NacRuno

NacRuno IncGamers Site Pal

Back in the game, with some Qs

Hi everyone, it has been a while since i last posted here. I had to give a break to diablo some while ago, but as most of you know, you just have to reinstall the game sometimes :tongue:

I was actually planning to introduce my new matriach to you by now but she can't make it out of hell rogue encampment :sad2:. I must have forgot about hell difficulty. Because i really can't leave rogue's camp with her, i just had to face 3 uniques a few steps away from camp bridge. 2 zombies one having fanatism aura and a extra fast, cursed quill rat. They all ambushed me at the same time sending me back to akara. And back to akara again and again, you get the picture...

I was keeping all my old characters and stashes but i decided to have a clean restart so this being my first char after the restart it is untwinked. I am aiming a self-found grail this time as a difference, so no SPTF boost.

And here is my char, any help is appriciated;

Champion Kitiara - Tiger Strike/Death Sentry Assasin (using Nightfish's guide)

Current skills lvl 66
    Tiger Strike - 20
    Cobra Strike - 1
    Shadow Master - 11
    BoS - 1
    CoS - 1
    Death Sentry - 20
    Lightning Sentry - 12 (maxing this right now)

Stats 30 spare points
    S: 85/99
    D: 120/132
    V: 160/193
    E: 25/25

My luck has been really bad, killed NM Baal twice, all rares in both drop. I am mostly using rare items with sigon's belt and gloves. And thanks to NM Andariel i have this unique axe in my hands:

Warlord's Trust
    Military Axe
    Two-Hand Damage: 38 to 93
    Durability: 30 of 30
    Required Strength: 73
    Required Level: 35
    Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 49
    Fingerprint: 0x885a00d0
    +175% Enhanced Damage
    +75 Defense
    All Resistances +10
    Replenish Life +20
    +33 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    Repairs 1 durability in 4 seconds

Now, what should i do to proceed. Most likely i will be advised to gain some levels with NM baal and hope for lucky drops. It is what i will do but a single baal run takes almost 40min :sad2:, my AR is a bit too low to fully charge tiger strike and than do the damege, I usually depend on sentries. My blessed aim merc can't stay alive long enough (he already has %15 LL). I did about 30 NM andy runs for Angelic jewelry with no luck so far, and i am not a patient one i know 30 is a small number. Will try more if i have to.

2. NacRuno

Apart from that, I was planning this assassin to be first char of my sept. At least soft sept since all char will be softcore for now :tongue:. All 7 chars will share the same stashes and only those 7 chars will have access to those items. My other chars will be as follows, I am open to any advises about them.

Laurana – Fishyzon (FA/LF)
    Goldmoon – Trielementalist Sorc (firewall/thunderstorm/frozenorrb) just jecause they are my favorites
    Riverwind – Hunter Druid or FuryWolf
    Raistlin – Probably Bonemancer, maybe Venomancer
    Caramon – Probably FrenzyBarb, maybe Berzerker
    Sturm – Probably Avenger, maybe Frostzealot

The chars I p/matted so far were relatively easy builds like fishymancer meto-orb sorc or hammerdin. I am aiming to experiment a more challenging part of the game with these chars. And hopefully still be able to beat the game with them.

PS: And if you have read ‘Dragonlance’ series the names might seem familiar :azn:. If you have any build suggestions for 'Tanis' and 'Flint' from the book I would like to hear them. I am not looking for a perfect match as you can see from my chars :rolleyes:

3. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome back. Like you thought a few more levels will help out a lot. I myself don't enter hell until 71 or 72. Those extra levels will help out with your attack rating since you will be closer to the mobs level. Also, are you playing hell on p/8? If so then just turn it down until you can kill comfortably. May be a little less exp each kill but you will be killing.

4. Quizzart

Quizzart IncGamers Member

I would make Tanis a ranger pally (w/sword on switch) and Flint an axe iron/conc baba

5. NacRuno

No, i switched to p/1 to start hell. p/1 monsters were enough to keep me at the camp :sad2:

@Quizzart: I liked the ranger thing for Tanis, maybe i can try a fanatism based ranger and see if it works :smiley:. But i don't like the idea of playing barbarian as a dwarf :tongue:.

Thanks for the comments...

6. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

Limecat would like the idea of Flint as a barbarian! Like mentioned, the only real build that would fit is a conc barb. As for Tanis...it has already been said. Good luck! And mat your way be free of black dragons, heart attacks, and dark knights.

7. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Hmm, I think you need some better gear!

You have the Axe (which I'd dump) what do you have on switch?

Some claws with plus skills would be nice either plus traps or plus shadow or plus assassin skills. They are all shoppable (?) in act 5 NM. Someone else will know doubt give exact levels but at level 67. I would think plus 2 to a tree (or maybe even plus 3) is available and at least plus 1 to all skills (or perhaps plus 2) - adding plus 4 or 6 to traps or to your shadow master for example must help! 20 mins shopping should get you something nice.

Are you going claw/claw or claw/shield?

If claw/claw than a few points in block (depending on what's on the claw's would aid survivability).

A point in Fade might be more useful than BOS if you are hurting for resists.

Not sure what your Merc is using but make Strength in any elite spear or polearm and he will be good to go - even better if it's ethereal. CB on players 1 (and higher) chews through stuff. Could even stick it in a claw (or something fast)– would beat that axe?

Strength 2 Socket Melee Weapons Amn + Tir 35% Enhanced Damage
    25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    +20 To Strength
    +10 To Vitality

I'd consider swapping the merc for either Might or Holy Freeze. I suspect the reason why you can't hit is the level penalty rather than raw AR as you are relatively low level compared with the monsters (ie. the Blessed Aim probably isn't enough to make much difference to your chances?) – a beefer Merc will kill and you can pick up a few levels. Watch out for the tower as there are quite a lot of physical immunes in there.

I'd also have a look at some of the other cheaper runewords eg Rhyme (Shael/Eth) if using a shield and then maybe Smoke armour – Nef/Lum?

Also have a look at crafting blood gloves (but not in an elite the extra armour is not worth the high level requirements you can get) for more CB.

Or its NM meph or Baal runs – even if you do a few of these improving the Merc and some plus skills will greatly cut the time down.