Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back in it!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Envemoner, May 21, 2008.

1. Envemoner

Envemoner IncGamers Member

Back in it!

After about 2-3 Years break of playing diablo 2: LOD, I just came back with some experience of the game in Hardcore and Normal play, and I was just searching for some tips (if there is already a similiar thread of this thread this please link). I have little experiences with class builds (stats and skills) but alot of experience with game-play, etc.

I've looked around but havn't been able to find a thread to satisfy me and what kind of class im looking for.

Here is what I like to play:

An Independant class when unable to find a person at the same progression as you. Has Benefical buffs for you and the party. Preferably ranged not melee. Like an amazon they are ranged have a valkyrie with passive skills and spells, I dont know if they have benefits for the entire party. Note: I am starting fresh and I want something that is easy to start (not item dependable). I also want something that is reliable to get the job done Normal - Hell WITH abit of challenge between them.

With Necromancers to me they seem too easy with a 100 man army following you around with a Golem and Off-sider, they dont really give anything to the party besides going around smashing **** around the place.

Then there is the choice for what kind of build your going to be, and once you choose your skills there is no going back (unless you make a new character), and i've read things about if its a bad build you fail miseribly. So much different things you can do with only 98 Skill points with like 250 spots to put them in and in a Hell game you can probably feel the difference of different skills.

If anyone has any suggestions which I might benefit with please post (or links to class guides), I really want to get back into D2 again. I need a new fresh character to level while getting used to all the new patches and other things I havn't discovered yet.

Edited: Little Mistakes

2. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Re: Back in it!

Ranged, can solo and solid party support?

I'd lean towards starting with a Trapper Assassin. Can easily solo most areas, very safe build and easy to start but pulls high enough damage to contribute to almost any group.

Can either go with Fireblast for killing that first LI or Shock Web for the extra spammable lightning damage and increased synergy.

3. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Not entirely true. Necromancers have alot of very usefull curses, that will benefit most parties. And they are very item independant.

But if you plan on going Ranged amazon - the Witchyzon is a cheap, fun and safe build. Not much party support though, exept the Valk of course, but can solo most areas in Hell.

A Javazon will be more item dependant to be hell-viable IMO.

Linky with alot of amazon builds - some are designed for specific (expensive) gear and some for PvP, but most of the builds can be accomodated to hardcore using selffound or cheap equipment.

However; though you don't seem to like necromancers, I still recommend starting with one to accumulate some gems and low runes, and to get the feel of hardcore, before progressing to the build of choice. They are IMO the easiest and safest starting characters there is.

4. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

I second Tai's opinion of a Trapper.

Solo's easy enough, and can party well too. Great support skills are found in Mind Blast when that EFES Fana Frenzytaur pack says hello, and you greet them back with a stun in the face. CoS (although freaking annoying) helps shut down Souls, and any other ranged attacker. DS cleans up corpses quite well. Shadow provides a nice recastable tank as well. Also works great as a scout.

Other than that, A Necro is your best bet, either Bone, Poison, or Summon can work, just so long as you get the curses.