Back in action

xtcsazabi

Diabloii.Net Member
Back in action

Hey all, i've come back from a nearly 2 year break. I used to have a pvp barb and i was wondering what kind of changes have come in terms of weapons/armor strategy. Last patch i had was 1.10

EBOTD berserker axe/fury BA
SS
eth arreats
eth stone/eth steel carapace, enigma/eth duress were my armors
"rare" amulet/ravenfrosts/"rare" rings
Angelic neck and rings
dungoes
gorerider
draculs/steelrend
i used to have +3 warcry ammy, 2 standard warcry weps, 10 charms etc.

has the Damage Reduce% gone down from 50?
I need to know what i can get thats better than current gear
Is + stam still the way to go. I used to top off at 8-9K health, i think i even broke 10,000 at one point. thats with the insane warcry gear of course. and alot of "misc" small charms. i ask because pre-1.10, glass cannons were still viable due to life leech being in full effect.

get this old timer an update! thanks in advance.

Ce Olba

Banned
Hey all, i've come back from a nearly 2 year break. I used to have a pvp barb and i was wondering what kind of changes have come in terms of weapons/armor strategy. Last patch i had was 1.10

EBOTD berserker axe/fury BA
SS
eth arreats
eth stone/eth steel carapace, enigma/eth duress were my armors
"rare" amulet/ravenfrosts/"rare" rings
Angelic neck and rings
dungoes
gorerider
draculs/steelrend
i used to have +3 warcry ammy, 2 standard warcry weps, 10 charms etc.

has the Damage Reduce% gone down from 50?
I need to know what i can get thats better than current gear
Is + stam still the way to go. I used to top off at 8-9K health, i think i even broke 10,000 at one point. thats with the insane warcry gear of course. and alot of "misc" small charms. i ask because pre-1.10, glass cannons were still viable due to life leech being in full effect.

get this old timer an update! thanks in advance.
Your gear is a bit outdated.

Nowadays all barbarians that are not BvBs (Barbarian vs Barbarian) use 2* Ravenfrosts and Highlord's Wrath.

As for your weapons, you should use Grief + Beast, or EBotdZ+Beast.

Never, ever even consider steelrends.

As for the stats, pure vitality is popular, but not necessarily the best.

The PDR cap is still at 50%.

xtcsazabi

Diabloii.Net Member
aah i have heard of this grief, but never seen one in action yet. What exactly makes it superior to Ebotd for instance, or any other weapon for that matter.

Mr Pato

Diabloii.Net Member
aah i have heard of this grief, but never seen one in action yet. What exactly makes it superior to Ebotd for instance, or any other weapon for that matter.
It does much more damage than ebotdz, and most other weapons.
And the damage is consistently high.

Ave. damage of ebotdz = 47.5 * 5.5(perf roll+ethereal) = 261.25
Ave. damage of griefz = [47.5 + 400(perf roll)] * 6/5(20% deadly strike) = 537

Someone correct me if my math is wrong.
Not sure if I'm adding ethereal in the right way.
Just trying to help.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive always thought that the 50% ed from being eth modified the base damage of weapons, at least thats what ive seen from damages in game. So, according to my calculations, EBotD should have.....
47.5 avg dmg x 1.5 (eth) = 71 x 5 (perf roll) = 355 average damage. Still beaten by a grief, but still respectable damage.