Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back from WoW!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Phil, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

Back from WoW!

It's been quite a while since I played and also quite a while since I posted. I, like many, used to dedicate many hours a day to this wonderful game, but left with the excitement of WoW a few years back. I made a brief comeback, only to be doubly lured back to WoW again, but with Cataclysm nearing and the game turning into a ghost town, I have decided to come back for something a little less intense.

Sadly, the last time I left I deleted the game from my computer, and have no remains of characters(and my online game was cut short through stupid use of maphack), so I am left with a blank screen.

But knowing the game well and knowing how much I can't stand constant MF-only runs <.<, I have decided to try the untwinked route and level a character for fun. My first, and likely main toon, will be a standard zealot. They are reasonably hardy and were always my favorite(<3 my 1.09 schaefer's pally). This was mainly a re-hello post, and I hope I'll keep you all updated with my progress if I stick to it.

happy thursday
    -phil

edit: fat fingers

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Back from WoW!

welcome back, and happy friday :).

3. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

Welcome back :wave: And happy friday the 13th! Don't get out of bed.. :grin:

4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Lol I forgot that it was Friday the 13th!

5. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Welcome back Phil.

I came back after a long abscence myself(returned in December after ~5+ years away). You will notice LOTS of bots, people with some insane loot/godly items, runewords made most of the old top uniques seem silly/useless, and that generally most people are just here to play and have fun. I'm a casual player so I don't really get to play much like I used to back in the day. Having a couple kids will do that to you.

If you need any help, PM me and I will do what I can(which usually isn't that much...HA)

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

How about you save your $10/month or whatever and just stay in D2?

7. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 IncGamers Member

I never played WoW, but I did quit playing all PC games for a few years. I've been bored all summer thinking about playing something again. Finally I installed WC3 and played that for a week, but didn't keep up with it. I don't want to play SC2 because then I'll have to learn it, get good at it, and play it allll the time - which I don't want to do. I don't want to end up playing PC games all day again, lol. So, I found the original Diablo, lol! I installed that and I'm about to face Diablo and beat the game (hopefully!!) soon. After that I decided I'm going to install DII and play that some. I might play multi-player, or I might just do singe-player. Probably multi. Right now I'm trying to decide what character I want to play.

I too was thinking a paladin, but I always loved necromancers, and after playing Diablo through with a warrior, I feel like I wanna mix it up. I'm not sure what I'm going for yet. Anyways, good luck, I know how you're feeling, and maybe I'll see ya on there.