Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back from hiatus...a few questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ravenous, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Ravenous

Ravenous IncGamers Member

Back from hiatus...a few questions

I've played D2 and LoD previously, but never enough to build up any amount of wealth. Please, keep in mind while you answer, I'm not a complete n00b, but I am starting from absolute scratch. There is a massive amount of non-twinkage going on when I play. That being said, on the the questions:

For barbs and pallies, is there any low- to mid-range gear that I should keep my eye out for?

Is a WW/find item barb still viable for MF runs, or is there a better option without going sorc or necro?

Aside from pgems, are there any other low-level, (semi)frequent monster drops that can be used for trade currency?

Thanks in advance,
    Ravenous

EDIT = I'm on US East soft-core ladder, if that helps at all with answers.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Aside from PGems, low-mid runes are also good trading fodder. Browse the Arreat Summit and find out which low runes are used in crafting recipes and runewords. Those runes are quite in demand.

3. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Assuming your Barb/Pally are melee then I'd say the Death sash/gloves are something to look out for at low levels. The Irathra set pieces are also very nice at low levels. That's all the general info I can provide without knowing what build you intend to play.

Can't say anything about a WW MFer, I've only started my first one recently and he's not MFing.

Pgems are still the currency of choice for trading low-level items. Although sometimes you'll have trouble finding low-level items to trade for. Most people on ladder are only looking for the most elite/perfect items. The only other thing that comes to mind that could be used for low level trading is crafting ingredients in bulk.

4. Ravenous

Ravenous IncGamers Member

The info you've given is enough for me to start play confidently.

Thanks again,
    Ravenous

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

6. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

if u wanna make some dough, or get some better items, start by collecting p gems, best way to get some hrs for bettr items..

7. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

There are plenty of low leveled barb pally sets out there you should definitely use/get.