Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back for real this time

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Demandred, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Demandred

Demandred IncGamers Member

Back for real this time

Well, I would like to thank Zappa and Rush for giving me another chance on these forums, and for re-enabling my old account. While I can't have my old skull avatar - animated avatars break file size limits - it's still good to be back.

That being said, I do have a confession to make.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to play Hardcore mode. See, I'm working in England now, as part of a 2 year working visa, rather than back home in Australia. All I have to play on is my laptop, and load times on this are not really all that they could be. This is particularly evident in places like the Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone etc. I've had a bit of a difficulty with some characters dying already - my sorc died due to idiocy on my part in NM Cows, giving Jafrick ample excuse to laugh at me - but I've also lost 2 other chars in normal because of lag/loading related problems.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that if I want to have any long term survivability with my characters, and actually keep playing them, I'm going to have to go the softcore route.

Bit of an anti-climax then, me coming back then, really. Please don't hate me too much. :p

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

If you decide to play softcore NONladder, let me know. I can aid in your adventure.

Lucky

3. Demandred

Is there any difference in the game between ladder and non-ladder? I know ladder chars can get certain items that non-ladder chars can't, but apart from that, is there any other differences?

4. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

Nope. The only differences are the additional items and runewords like you mentioned.

-gambit

5. BongoFury

BongoFury IncGamers Member

Game playwise, Ladder is the same as SP. Nonladder monsters have less life (I believe) and move slower.

6. Demandred

Lucky, I might well take you up on your offer. My account name is *OzDemandred - I'll probably be on tonight for a few hours, and throughout the week. Keep an eye out for me.

7. Mr.Bill-XXX

Mr.Bill-XXX IncGamers Member

Weeee,

Hey there buddy, my son and a friend from work are playing SC on west to start off and get my son aquainted with the game. If you want to hang out with some n00bz give me shout. :thumbsup: