Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back, excited about d3, playing d2 again

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cft, Jul 2, 2008.

1. cft

cft IncGamers Member

Back, excited about d3, playing d2 again

Hi All. I've been an on-again/off-again player of D2 for a long time. It's probably been 2 years since I posted on the SPF but it's good to see that its still going strong.

quick gamer bio: I started years ago playing d2 offline when it came out, then joined a "good morning group" of coop hardcore players on USEast. I tended to play "no-life" sorcs, using plus-life items but spending nothing on stamina, but maxing energy and using energy shield/orb. They were really fragile but fun to play. My highest got as far as act 1/hell before she got Black Wall of Death entering the monastary.

Played for about a year, then left for Everquest. Played EQ for a few years, with a few months hiatus playing D2X on USEast. Got tired of online lag killing my HC chars, decided I'd play offline. But I wanted to be able to mule, and I was rapidly loosing interest til I found the SPF and Atma.

I've since switched to non-hardcore, after loosing several dozen more characters.

I do mix hc/non-hc items (tho they originated in HC, not the other way) and I do pull items forward from older versions (I have some SoJ from before d2X was out, that I gambled for). But I also play only self-found and don't trade items, so no worries for the community.

Anyways, in the last week I've heard about D3 announcement, and it has made me excited to play D2 again.

Good luck to all the SPFer's, grailers, and thanks again for Atma and all the strategy help you've given me and others over the years!!

2. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

Re: Back, excited about d3, playing d2 again

Welcome back to the SPF, hope to see you around :thumbup:

Let's hope that March release rumor is true for D3!

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if you plan on playing MP here, but using non-HC items in HC games is also considered very bad (similar to the trade community). If you do join or host a HC game here, you MUST let all of the participants know, beforehand, that you've used SC items in HC.

Some HC players might not want to interact with you or your characters, that opinion is their right, and we require you to respect their opinion. If you have any questions about this or other things, please PM Thyiad & myself.

Otherwise, welcome back. :wave:

4. thewamp

thewamp IncGamers Member

I think his point was that he only brings HC items into SC, not the other way around. At least, that was how I interpreted the bit he put in parentheses.

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

poops.. he said the items originated in HC.. so no sc->hc.

wb cft

6. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

yeah, sorry, I read the first part and ignored the parentheses. carry on...

7. Glenugie

Glenugie IncGamers Member

Ditto..

I had deleted all my previous stashes and toons, so I have no option but to start from scratch.

8. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Hey me too, saw the D3 announcement and videos, then a friend told me about the 'Blizzard Account' where you can plug in your cd keys and download any time anywhere! So of course I did that, and here I am, back once again, after more than 4 year hiatus. (Really! My last save file is dated 5/24/2004 1:47am!).

Lots has changed I see!! I've been crawling the forums looking for updates, info, guides, etc. I've forgotten how to do just about everything!!! Also, since it's at version 1.12 now I believe? I decided not to bother trying to bring back my old characters with all their items and gold and start totally from scratch. So untwinked meterorb sorcy is on the bags! :)

But good to see everything still going. I'm going to have to start a new Unique item grail spreadsheet and join the club once again :)

9. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Welcome back, cft! :)

I remember your nick from way back and it's good to see that more and more "oldies" are popping out of the woodwork cause of D3.

Enjoy your stay while we all wait for it. :wink:

Hello, Glenugie! :wave:
    Welcome back to SPF! :D
    I'm not sure if you still remember, but you left me some of your items back when you left.
    If ever you need some assistance with the gears, just let me know and I'll try to recompense your generosity. :thumbup:

--maxgerin

10. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

I am back too!

I restarted in late 2006 (Cattleya and Hrus were Mods), but gave up again in early 2007 when I re-rolled on a wow RP server. In June 2007 I gave up smoking and had to stop all gaming as it was one of my trigger activities.

I popped into the WWN forum last week and saw the D3 news. Reinstalled D2 last night.

Woe is me - already lvl 16 with my Skelliemancer.

DM

Edit

Was there a Squid attack? My post count seems awfully low....

11. Glenugie

Glenugie IncGamers Member

Hi Max, I remember you well. Thanks for the offer but its fun to start over and get excited when a gold or green drops.

12. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

wb :p always good to see names i can recall. but then i forgotten more names then i remember

back when i started coming here there was no spf

and no mods if i recall right

it was funny to be given a speech that we should start posting in our brand new forums when it was started through.

But that is what happens when you give crazy people a place to be

13. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Yes, I think that's really a big thing when starting out again.
    You actually feel some excitement over the mundane things you encounter before. :thumbup:

If ever you need some items, just let me know. :nod:

--maxgerin

14. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's definitely true--the first unique that dropped for me since I came back was a Witherstring, which is hardly enough to get the blood pumping in the normal course of events; I was just ecstatic to see that lovely gold text again, though!