Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back Again

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ddknoll, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ddknoll

ddknoll Diabloii.Net Member

It is tremendous to think I have been playing this game for almost two decades.

For no real reason I started playing again this past week. I had an untwinked necro (HC) in Act 5 Hell and wanted to complete the game so I started with that. My first Guardian.

My next goal was to build a show stopping Hammerpally in SP, I did a few LK runs with a sorc and sure enough find a Vex rune. (Don't worry, I took a photo!)

In all my years I have never seen a vex and thus have been skeptical of how many HRs are around, but it seems the LK delivers.

It is likely I will need to trade to get my paladin where I want him but that is for the future, for now I am going to go back and enjoy some nostalgia.

Jamie, jonnyphive, T72on1 and 5 others like this.
  2. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back!

Actually hammerdorks are the easiest to find stuff for. Lower Kurast will deliver Enigma/CtA/HotO reasonably fast. Harly, Mara's, HoZ, SoJ, Magefist/Trang, Whatever boots come from Mephisto. You don't really have any must have rare drop. And even if he's not fully decked out, he just needs Enigma to run CS safe and quick which will most certainly deliver as well over time ;)

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, and welcome back to D2.

I agree with @srrw : Hammerdins are very easy to outfit. Even with simple stuff like dual Spirit, Stealth and Lore they are strong enough. Enigma is a must to do some efficient running, but other than that you don't really need anything. Even the merc only needs an Insight and ideally some life leech.

4. ddknoll

With the Vex I found yesterday I could make HOTO or CTA but not both. Will likely use a Wizzy and wait on the runes.

Don’t have a HOZ but seems a class specific shield RW is the preferred method these days. Perhaps FHR is prioritized over damage? I’ll need to look into this.

I can outfit my merc at this point by borrowing from another character, I’ve got two lvl 90 sorcerers. And a bunch of failed projects I never completed. IK barb, Bowazon, trap sin etc.

The challenge now is the mental game of “running” the game rather than “playing” it.

5. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

As a shield, you want the Spirit runeword in a Paladin shield. Best bases are those with high block chance and more importantly high res all.

If you have a Wizardspike I'd use that and make a CtA first. Then switch from Wizardspike to HotO when you can.

6. ddknoll

Yeah I’ve got a Wizzy, fortunately I have my characters so I’m not starting new. I’ve got all the easy items for the build (shako, arach, etc)

I’ll look into the gear load out but it makes sense to prioritize FCR.

Gotta get an enigma which will take a while, I imagine trading that level of rune is tremendous. I wonder if the analysis has been done regarding what armor to use and the pros/cons of the strength req. I’m sure it’s out there, this place is a gold mine.

Although I just read a thread about a rune tournament and it gives hope to us mortals although it’s mostly false!

Seems I’ll be living in LK until I put the game down again.