Back again

Flamearrows

Diabloii.Net Member
Back again

Hey guys,

I never was the most prolific poster, so I'm not sure how many people remember me. But I'm looking to get back into it, playing HC characters as always, and looking for some people to play MP with since I'm finally getting broadband internet at the end of the week. My character stable is very bare at the moment - I quit D2X after too much schoolwork and too many character deaths at the same time, leaving me with only my level 89 Guardian DR-Block Meteorb sorceress at the moment.

So if anyone is willing to play some MP HC at some Australian friendly (does that explain the lack of broadband? :D) times, then I'm there like a very there thing.

Oh, and have there been any seriously major changes? I'm familiar with the legitimate trading atmosphere of the SPF, and note that we've aquired another mod along the way (I was here pre-AE).

Anyway, let's hear it for some good ol' D2X :drink:

flamearrows

Wonko the Sane

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back, though I never met you before. You were before my time, I suppose :p

Nice to see another person returning, and as always have fun! :D

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows said:
So if anyone is willing to play some MP HC at some Australian friendly (does that explain the lack of broadband? :D) times, then I'm there like a very there thing.
g'day mate. im an aussie too. where do you hail from?

the only HC'er i know thats looking for MP is XGrizzly. so maybe send a PM his way.

changes: I am now the supreme ruler and overlord of earth. and we are now mod friendly. no more lynch mobbing kremtok.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back!

Things are changing for better or worse, depending on how you see it. Check the "SPF will become mod-friendly ..." thread stickied at the top.

This will be interesting for sure. I've been thinking of using the RRM and runeword mod but not too seriously ... but if it becomes kosher here on SPF then i'll definitely try it.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows, of course I remember you! Welcome back!

When you left you sent me a number of stashes to give away to the good folks here. While I did work at it (a bit anyway) :eek: , I never got rid of it all. Post me an email addy, and I'll send your remaining HC stuff back to you. :D

As for changes, the biggest are the SP Trade Forum and farting bob. You'll see why soon enough (do you still have your shin guards?).

Flamearrows

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
When you left you sent me a number of stashes to give away to the good folks here. While I did work at it (a bit anyway) :eek: , I never got rid of it all. Post me an email addy, and I'll send your remaining HC stuff back to you. :D
I'd been wondering where the majority of my stuff had disappeared to :) [email protected], if you don't mind.

Nacaa, of course I remember you. Mostly familar faces, though someone seems to have set a fanatacism aura to farting bob's post count :lol:

Corax: I'm from the newcastle region, up 'round port stephens way. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but Telstra in its wisdom has granted us the power of ADSL, which I'm rather excited about. I'll have to look up XGrizzly and see if he wants a game or two.

Thanks for the warm reception!

flamearrows

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows said:
Corax: I'm from the newcastle region, up 'round port stephens way. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but Telstra in its wisdom has granted us the power of ADSL, which I'm rather excited about. I'll have to look up XGrizzly and see if he wants a game or two.
I'm here old enough to remember you. Welcome back. Oh, add another SPF from OZ. I'm in Canberra - the true city of nowhere and no one knows about. :D (I bet most people think the capital of australia is Sydney. Canberra, where is it?)

My advice for you ADSL connection - don't get too excited. My plan supports upto 8Mbps. However the telephone exchange will only get 1.5 at max, and in practice, I'm getting 300-400 most of time now (I could see 600 - 900 if really late).

Vildecor

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back, Flamearrows!

I remember you, though mostly from the Set/Unique tourney and your Nethack tourney. Been wondering where you disappeared to, but then, I disappeared for a while myself. Twice I think.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows said:
:eek: where in Port Stephens may I ask?

Flamearrows

Diabloii.Net Member
Bob's farm [mmm, yokel], just out of Nelson Bay.

And it's a bare 40 minute drive to belmont. LAN party, anyone?

flamearrows

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows said:

flamearrows
Nah I'm from new zealand. But I did go to Belmont for the summer

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Flamearrows said:

flamearrows

Bob's farm as in right outside Raymond Terrace?

colony

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome Back to the SPF, where you can never truly leave (Trust me I've tried at least 4 times now).

Flamearrows said:
LAN party, anyone?
Depends on how much you want to pay for the plane ticket:D

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back, I think I remember you. :) I'd play HC MP in normal and NM but I could only go untwinked then since I usually use a mod to fix the FE bug.