Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Back 2 D2

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by TripleSiXKillA, Jun 5, 2005.

1. TripleSiXKillA

TripleSiXKillA IncGamers Member

Back 2 D2

Hey I Used to play D2 alot and i decided to start playing again but I cant seem to find a guide for a good 1st char PvM build. I was thinking i should start with some sort of spell casting class since i wont have great items, any ideas?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

hi! welcome to the forums!

If you're new to patch 1.10 make sure you know about the MAJOR changes.

For new pvm characters, most people prefer summoning necros and meteorb sorcs because they are easy to start out with and don't require lots of godly items. Good luck!

3. TripleSiXKillA

Thanks, i decided id try my lucky with a summon necro,but im not sure exactly how to train, do you know of a good guide somewhere, im not sure if magi will be helpful or not?

4. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome to the forums.
    I like playing with either summonancer/lightning sorc/hammerdin
    What realm do you play on, Europe? Once you decide a build, I might have some free stuff to help you get started if you're on Europe ladder.
    Hope you start enjoying the game again, cheers.
    EDIT: and skeleton magis aren't very useful in my experience, they die rather quickly.

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

try the necro forum. they have plenty of ppl who can help you there.

They also have a guide found here:http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349093&page=1&pp=10

That's why not many people use skelleton mages. Regular skelletons are a lot better.

6. TripleSiXKillA

Thanks, im playin right now on Us East on the account TripleSiXKilla if ne one wants to play some

7. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Well yeah, I know that, I was just replying to :

Though, the mages can do a decent damage when maxed out.
    I built a pure summonancer a while back and got still ~ 20 points left to spend after maxing out raise skeleton/skeleton mastery/golem mastery/iron golem, I think that was it, so I was thinking of maxing out magi as well.
    They can do ~ 200-300 elem dmg when around lv40, which imo is quite nice :p

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I'm warming up to Barbs as untwinked starting characters. Their huge life really helps out a lot in Hell when and their leap attack ability is the next best thing to Enigma when rushing past large hordes of enemies to do boss runs. Check out the Frenzy guide in the Barbarian forum. That's supposed to work well untwinked. But yeah, you definitely can't go wrong with a summoner either as long as you make sure you have certain abilities at certain points in the game (like Summon Resist before facing Diablo in normal). I personally think Meteorbs will have way more trouble than the other two in Hell, but they are great for MFing all the way up to Hell Andariel which can be a good way to score some decent gear for your other characters.

9. TripleSiXKillA

Thanks for all the help guys now my only concerin will be MFing to get some items i guess after i level up this guy im gonna need a sorc :rolleyes: unless there is somthin idk