Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baba Singer?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MasterAkihabara, Sep 29, 2006.

1. MasterAkihabara

MasterAkihabara IncGamers Member

Baba Singer?

I been playing diablo 2 last week and i saw this baba singer dominate this pvp room. I was just wondering the skills for a singer and how much damage they can do with top gear?

2. OneFromBeyond

OneFromBeyond IncGamers Member

Singer's pretty much go like this:
    Max:
    - Battle Orders
    - War Cry
    - Howl
    - Taunt
    - Battle Cry
    with one point in the pre-reqs and IncSpeed,IncStam,IronSkin,NatResist

The top singers still don't do that much damage (according to the calculator at Lvl 40 War Cry totally synergized does 1564-1610 damage, at Lvl 50 it is 2024-2070

A singer can get down to 8 frames (or is it 7) if they get 200FCR where they can stun and cast very quickly. Generally Singers have a hard time in PVP unless they have very expensive gear as their damage isn't that high and War Cry can be blocked.

*OneFromBeyond

3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

4. TheGoat

TheGoat Banned

Forget the dmg, Dmg on a singer is always gonna b low no matter how you look at it. They are built to kill sorcs, so just go with 2x wizspike daggers for FCR and get a godly merc to knock em dead! Works like a charm!!

The Goat,
    USWest NL

5. HolyHammer

HolyHammer IncGamers Member

Okay, just built my 1st barb singer (PvM), and I'm bummed about the dmg. Can't do much to most anything in Hell even at level 81 with WC maxed and 2 synergies maxed and the 3rd nearly maxed. With added skills I'm at level 29 WC right now, will get a little better when I get the rest of my gear.

What type of merc and merc equipment do you recommend for this guy? I need something that will knock them out after I stun them.

I really built this guy to be support on UberTrist runs. What am I doing wrong?

6. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

Nothing.

Singers can't do neither - PVP or PVM.
    You wanted to support uber runs? you can always BO ^^
    Seriously, for a singer to do moderately well in pvp, you need good gear, good charms, and a lot of practice.

7. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Raise your war cry to level 33. Its the better damage/level.mana output. Max the other sinergy, or raise it as much as possible, but first get max BO. Make sure your FCR is 105 (or a bit higher); this will get you to the cast break point you want, not the last, but one before. Your merc must have something to kill Physical imunes, or just ignore them. The war cry damage is not that great, but as you cast so fast, the crowd drops like flies. If there are too many ranged, taunt them to come closer.

If you are on east, I can show you mine. Trust me, this char is one of the funniest I have ever played. I just have done a few PvP experiences though, and I think I must improve a little.

Cheers

8. Apophis

Apophis Banned

he is very good if he can sing michael jackson :)
    i like singers .they are fun but low dmg and expensive gear dislikes..better you do a bvc.. :) this rocks

9. HolyHammer

Thanks everybody for your advice, especially Uvatha, too bad I'm on West.

Okay I have built him up a little more. Keep in mind I am only concerned with PvM here. I want to kill stuff with my Warcry, and it still takes about 10 casts to kill the little red guys in the Blood Moor in Hell.

I based my build on Memememe's guide. WC, BCry, BO are maxed out at 32, Howl is nearly maxed. Wearing MP Nigma, Crappy Hat (+1 WC, +2 Shout or something), 2xWizSpike, Frostburns, Waterwalks (+61), +3 WC/+Life ammy, 1 SOJ, other ring is big +mana and +vit, Arachnid belt, and no weapons on switch yet.

No merc yet. Who should I get and how should I equip him?

People like the BO I give, but I'm useless trying to kill anything, and I'd like to play solo once in a while.

10. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Yeah, too bad. =)

In a party, your role is support; peeps love the monsters being still, their life and mana boost from your BO, the extra def, but thats pretty much it. You will do a better killing playing solo. Keep working on your sinergys; aside from War Cry and its sinergys, you dont really need any other skill but BO.

Get yourself 2x heart carver on switch and start horking, you will get some nice second drops out of some unique monsters. Get one heart carver and a BO stick, so you will have a better life/mana and will just lose 1 point in find item. As you dont have many skill points to toy with, never waste a point in those skills.

The merc is a touchy point. In my case I just ignore Phys imunes, but if you want to be merciless and kill every single monster around, you will need help from your merc; you can still stun them nonetheless. From experience, mana is the main problem of a caster, and you should be feeling this already. Equip the merc with an insight; the higher damage the weapon has, the better of course, but the reason of this is its aura. Meditation, along with other mana regeneration gear, will keep your supply still, even after a mana burn hit (you may want to have Pskulls on your helm, a crafted caster boot, etc for the mana regeneration mod) The remaining merc gear is something to give him more damage/survivability. Mine has an eth glitched duress and a tals helm with ed/ias jewel. You dont need cold aura due to the fact that you are already stuning the monsters. Defiance aura and thorns aura are also pointless, as the monsters are not gonna be hiting that much. That leaves might aura, wich will help only your merc. Never tested myself, but maybe an actIII merc, with some nice elemental damage gear could help you with the munes, but you will be struggling with the mana.

11. HolyHammer

Thanks again Uvatha.

Guess I'll have to get used to a support role. Previous chars have been HDin, BlizzSorc, and Zmiter, so not used to hanging in the shadows.

Since I'll be partied up most of the time, I'll let others handle the PI's (after I stun 'em senseless).

Yeah, I am feeling the Mana crunch. I have runes for Insight, but no weapon yet. So a Might merc is the best option? Just arranged a trade for a +3BO, +2 Warcry (skill, not +2 to Warcries), and 2os Sup Jawbone Cap. Plan to put PSkulls in socs.

Trying to trade for Heartcarvers and start horking.

I guess that will do it, thx for advice.