Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baalrunner build?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by AxlRose, Apr 7, 2005.

1. AxlRose

AxlRose Diabloii.Net Member

Baalrunner build?

I need your opinion of whats the best baalrunner. Need a viable mf runner with some mf too. Please tell me your opinion of skills and gear. Im tryin with a blizz sorc atm but 2:d minion is cold immune and my merc sucks so I need a build that can take care of most elements without to much problems.
    Thanks

2. Zavior

Zavior Diabloii.Net Member

Skelemancer, hammerding, meteorb, winddruid. These builds can solo baal with ease.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Hell Baal? Not having much luck with my 86th level meteorber and she has decent equip. Hammerdin seems to be the preferred build for late Hell runs.

4. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard Diabloii.Net Member

I tried a pure Blizzard sorc first this season and didn't like it because of not being able to deal with immunes, as you say. Blizzard/Firewall make a nice sorceress that can do all the runs, including Baal. I chose Glacial Spike as my main synergy for the area freezing effect. Blizzard will still be great without being fully synergized. As you noted the only problem is with cold immunes and firewall can deal with those if you build up your merc.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=217480

I went Tal set and Whistan's Guard shield (the orpahan set shield.) Socket the shield with a perfect diamond or Um for resists. The sheld is a great blocking shield and requires really low stats to use.

Take the time to build up your merc (which isn't hard since you can freeze the monsters) and she'll do great. I recommend a defiance merc.

One good gear setup for your merc is a Reaper's Toll, Duriel's Shell(cannot be frozen), and Vamp Gaze/Tal Mask. With his aura he will be a great tank and you'll be able to tank some too with the defence boost you recieve from him. Of course if you are rich you can use some of the duped....errr I mean rare... runewords for your merc. :lol:

Also, you may want to run Thresh Socket. He is a great sorc for high level gear. Take the Crystaline Passage WP and tele back out to the Arreat Plateau and he is right there as you exit the cave. He has no minions.

To kill Shenk when he is both fire and cold immune tele down to right side of the platform he is standing on and kill the catapult and whatever monsters are there. Then use firewall on the monsters who are standing on the platform. They will line up for you along the edge of the platform like good little monsters. Then tele up onto the platform, static and let you merc finish Shenk which should not take long.

GOW

5. cotton

cotton Diabloii.Net Member

I would definitely say hammerdin is best in the throneroom, but to be fast you 1)need enigma for teleport to get there, 2) need a sorc for teleport to get there, or 3) need to party with a sorc with teleport to get there. And as for option three, nothing irritates me more than standing around while people say "Sorc, tele to throne room," and sorc says "I will die," and then leaves so you have to start again. JIMHO.

6. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

Note, you can also do Vigor - Charge if you're a paladin for speed.

7. greedy(hd)

greedy(hd) Diabloii.Net Member

If you poses an enigma 1000% hammerdin, it can kill everything what can spawn, does very high damage. It kills baal with ease. The only thing a hammerdin cant kill are some beasts in act 3, but hose beast arent near any mf locations.

And if you solo Mf do andy, meph, diablo and baal maybe some council too, gives great XP and MF. The only thing you do have to have in a diablo run is high resists and redemtion aura, i never have to take potions cause of redemtion.

The mf run can be done in about 3-6 minutes dependant on how fast you find the bosses and how you take on the chaos sanctuary. In chaos sanc i prefer to kill al unique creatures for mf and leave the norm creatures for what they are. If you open the last seal everything wil be dead that why i dont kill them all.

And im now building a windy, be he will need more expensive gear and charms to be so succesfull as a pala.

No i dont do pindle/shenk/eldritch because i never ever found something usefull from these guys in 1.10. In 1.09 i did them becuase baal/diablo runs where rare back then becuase of the hard areas for 1.09 chars.

8. Legend_Defender

Legend_Defender Diabloii.Net Member

Just curious...aren't the poison breathing Act 2 mummy guys that ressurect the dead magic immune in hell?

9. Oddity

Oddity Diabloii.Net Member

My fireballs kill them well enough. :D

10. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

If you are referring to Blessed Hammer.

Blessed Hammer ignores resistances of Undead and Demons. There is only one monster immune to hammers: Wailing Beast (animal) in Act III.

11. teck21

teck21 Diabloii.Net Member

I have a lvl 92 Light/Cold sorc Baal runner and she does her job very well.

Light and cold enables you to take on anything once you reach the throne of destruction because almost none of the monsters are immune to eother or both, and certainly not his minions all of whom are are vulnerable to lightning.

She practically never dies and rarely has trouble with monsters (usually it's when there's a Horadrim Ancient/Undead Soul Killer/those lightning cloud thingies combo). And it is quite a hassle to ressurect my merc when I run into a huge bunch of oblivion knights/mages because I can't spot the iron maiden curse in time to jump away. And I will admit that without my HF merc, I am effectively helpless.

My gear:
    1) Shako (p topazed)
    2) Tal's Armor (P topazed)
    3) tal's Ammy
    4) Tal's belt
    5) Isted Ocy (Tried HOTO, but didn't find it necessary so I went the extra mf route)
    6) Spirit Monarch
    7) War Travellers
    8) SoJ
    9) Rare ring with good resists resists, +str and 18mf
    10) Magefists

continued in next post..

12. riath

riath Diabloii.Net Member

Elemental != Magic. Magic damage is non-elemental, non-pysical attacks such as Bone Spirit and Blessed Hammer.

13. Oddity

Oddity Diabloii.Net Member

Hrm, news to me. I, and I bet many others, thought fireballs/meteors were classified as magic damage.

14. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

I didn't see a pure lightning zon mentioned. It's my Baalrunner on singleplayer. She is good there because she has really good map. But she is no good with teleporting (bad cast rate). She can handle all minions with relative ease, and Baal is very quick with her. I wonder if some battle-neters use this build as a Baalhunter?

15. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

Well sometimes magic damage covers more than just magic damage. For instance the modifier Magic Damage Reduced By X affects fire, lightning, cold, magic, and I don't remember is it does poison too, someone else will have to confirm that.

I think the way some people look at it is that there is Physical and Magic damage. Magic damage then encompases Elemental damage, Poison damage and Magic damage. Elemental damage then encompases Fire, Lightning and Cold damages.

In the case of Conviction that lowers elemental resists, so that is just fire, lightning and cold damage. In the case of Lower Resists that lowers fire, lightning, cold and poison resists.

16. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony Diabloii.Net Member

My LF+Poison Javazon did good work doing Hell Baal runs solo. Even with bad equipment (Titans and Razortrail were the best items I had, everything else - rare/magic/norm unique crap) and even on Hardcore.
    The only drawback were Souls (naturally Light+Poison immune). They slowed a run quite a bit. If I had them in WSK lvl 2, I immediately rerolled the game. If on lvl 3 - then again. If in the Throne - then finished the run.

17. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

I am sure that the time to kill Baal himself is too long with this build. I think we are talking about the best Baalhunter builds. This build is very good for questing though.

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I like to make solo runes with two computers. On comp #1 I have my bowazon who shoots her way through level 2 and 3 and kills the minions while on comp #2 my zealot waits to get TPed in to kill Baal. The PI, ball-shooting, winged demon girls have to be outrun, but everything else gets eradicated, including gloams and souls. It's just a matter of resistances and a couple of allres GCs help a lot with respect to that. However, I admit that my zon has very expensive equipment - Faith+Fortitude, to be precise.

I know that I can use a sorc to teleport into the throne room instead of using the bowazon, but I will miss two L85 areas then and IMO that's a major part of the fun. I'm not doing that for MF purposes anyway, as both the zon and the zealot have nearly 0% MF. However, I'm hoping that once upon a time, a HR will drop.

19. riplix

riplix Diabloii.Net Member

you can use a combo of 2 chars to run baal. i use my barb (polearm whirlzerker) to mow down to baal. only problem is listers pack with mana burn. everything else is rather easy. the kicking baals butt and leave the game (should have permed by now) when baals health is down.

join with the sorc and tele down (you know the way from baba ;)) *BAMM* baal down with 600mf.

do the same with my hammerdin to run diablo. if you have enigma, a hammerdin is probably your best choice. otherwise its rather annoying because you can't just whirl through packs and leave em behind and some places are rather narrow.