Baalrun sorc

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
Baalrun sorc

What would be best Hydra/FO sorc or Meteorb sorc? I need a build that can solo baalruns easily and allows my to use some mf on. Im not very rich but can afford most sorc stuff i know.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
you should just do a blizz sorc for meph and build up some eq first. it's way easier, and you don't need much eq to do it. once he gives you a few harles and sojs, then you can go for baal.

kmk-soldier

Diabloii.Net Member
AxlRose said:
What would be best Hydra/FO sorc or Meteorb sorc? I need a build that can solo baalruns easily and allows my to use some mf on. Im not very rich but can afford most sorc stuff i know.

meteo orb, also a merc is usefull ;)

MrBrightside

Diabloii.Net Member
i was thinking of the same thing, a sorc specifically for baal runs. i was thinking of a chain lightning sorc, because if i recall correctly, no minion is immune to lightning, and only lister sometimes spawns with that mod. i can static him to half health, and let my merc fininsh.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
MrBrightside said:
i was thinking of the same thing, a sorc specifically for baal runs. i was thinking of a chain lightning sorc, because if i recall correctly, no minion is immune to lightning, and only lister sometimes spawns with that mod. i can static him to half health, and let my merc fininsh.
random gloams are a big problem as they usually can kill the merc outright. i'm thinking passion phaseblade to take care of them, or even lightsaber for extra protection. however, for a meteor build, enchant only costs 1 extra point.

bartuc will spawn LI i believe, at least i saw him as such in nm.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
if you are infinitely rich, then lightning is the best element (for reasons stated by mr brightside, gloam immunity can be removed by infinity).

if you are poor like me, then there are two good choices:

(1) orb/element - meteor is usually the second because it deals more damage than lightning (per mana). lightning is terribly random, and you need a lot of fcr to work. meteor is more equipment friendly.

(2) blizz or orb - both have their good points (i think after all those threads, everyone knows why), but the jist of it is this: cold immunes are much easier to kill via a cold sork's merk than li/fi can with their master's merks. emilio (my merc) can 2 hit kill all the spawn 2 skeletons and 2 hit kill succubi, but has some problems with ghoul lords (they do minute damage but are tough to kill, around 5-6 jabs from emilio) contrast this with moon lords and lister pack for fire sork and the deadly gloams for light sorks.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
imho, a blizz/fball sorc is the best dual element sorc due to its versatility. Blizz+glacial spike for fire immunes, fireball + meteor for cold immunes, blizz+fball for non fire non cold immunes. Merc + static for dual immunes. Teleport for tri immunes :)

I have tried cl/orb, meteorb, blizz/firewall, most hybrids you can think of, and blizzball still came out on top, mabye not in damage per second tho.

Fred

mooguela

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
Teleport for tri immunes :)
:lol:

I have a bliz sorc and cold immunes cause me huge amounts of problems, especially packs of cold immunes led by a LEB. Definately a 'run awayy' moment.
But anything not cold immune dies fast.
In your build how many points did you use for fire skills?

Moog