Baalrun-exp:95-98

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
Baalrun-exp:95-98

Some questions here:
1.Baalruns:When i do baalruns with higher lvls they do a thing called "baalparty" meaning the 2 or 4 highest chars go to Baal to leech the most exp, others mustn't go in.Why that? How much xp they get/lose?Xp for 95-98 chars, anyone knows?

2.Diablo: One char teles to Baal, a CS Hammerdin clears Cs and prepares tp for Diablokill.How much people should join here for best exp?2,3,4..all?

3.Nilhatakh:Besides a 3rd char teleports to nila,he kills the minions and prepares a tp for nilakill.How much exp here for 95-98? Again 2,3,4-8 should go here for best XP?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Only those who are present get XP, so the less people are in, the bigger the shares. Only characters from the killer's party and only the merc of the killer get XP BTW. High-level characters (L94+) also don't get significant XP from anything but D/N/B, so the mentioned technique sounds like a fair way to divide up XP.

If you and your friends want to make just one L99 char, everybody leaves the area after preparing D/N/B for the kill and the high-level one does the kill alone, so he gets all the XP. In case of multiple characters, every L94+ character participates, no matter if they are 2, 5 or 8.

BTW, better don't make Nihlathak runs for the XP. The danger of overlooking a few corpses is too high and sooner or later N will succeed with killing a character. Diablo and Baal are always alone and they are always the same, so they are far safer to be killed.

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
Only those who are present get XP, so the less people are in, the bigger the shares.
That explains it,but i think blizzard should change this system:You need 8 players for maximizing XP,but only 2 should kill the Boss ... this is not fair imho.

GaArchAnGeL

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a level 97 character, so this is from my experience. These high level guys are trying to maximise their experience gain. At my level, i get about 95k~ from Baal's Minions and about 70k~ from Baal. As you can see Baal exp helps alot.

Usually the guys who want the Baal exp leave the party, usually forming a party of 2 or 4. The number of people in the Worldstone Chamber doesnt affect the exp(although the number of people in the game does). The people who ask you not to come in are ensuring they get that Baal exp. Nothing is more annoying to these guys when they tell the lower lvl guys not to attack baal, but do so anyway and get the exp.

Like Krischan said having just one person would maximise the exp gain. If not, usually they are in a party of 2 or 4(I heard exp for 3 people is the same as having 4 people in the party or worse)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
That explains it,but i think blizzard should change this system:You need 8 players for maximizing XP,but only 2 should kill the Boss ... this is not fair imho.
I don't understand what's unfair about it. Do those two get too much XP in your opinion ? Or not enough ? Or do you mean the other 6 ?

FuryLasse

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand what's unfair about it. Do those two get too much XP in your opinion ? Or not enough ? Or do you mean the other 6 ?
Whats unfair about it is that the other 6 just wait there, so that the 2 highest can get some more xp

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
Whats unfair about it is that the other 6 just wait there, so that the 2 highest can get some more xp
if the other 6 are a low lvl, then they don't get much exp from the bosses anyways.

When i baaled a lot, we would have the top 2 lvl's on baal. sometimes top 4 if there were enough high lvls (97+). lvl 96 is when baal/diablo exp really starts to matter. when we did diablo, it was the top 3 levels. i never did the math for diablo to see the exp changes with the party sizes, but for baal, there isn't much of a difference (if any) between a 1 person party or 2 person party getting the kill. when in a party of 3 (and 4 as well i think), a lvl 98 will lost 10k exp compared to when he's in a party of 2 killing baal.

GaArchAnGeL

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think it's unfair. These guys are obviously trying to get higher on ladder so they need to maximise their exp. The lower lvl's(80's) get alot of exp from minions anyway. I dont think most people mind as these guys are usually the runners and usually provide very fast baal runs.

ArchsageVal

Diabloii.Net Member
In baal runs, you have to wait for waves to come about, and the few seconds waiting are a waste of time. Usually, I just chaos run til lvl 98 and then ancients. For me, chaos goes a whole lot faster, and low lvls like chaos too. (Drops are better too)

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Chaos Sanctuary has three specific monster types, always, and two of them are undead. If you have maximum fire resistance, decent other resistances and aren't a melee character, you should be able to slaughter everything in the CS. As for experience, that speed may help a Thaaretic as long as you don't get mana sapped by finger mages, and CS is designed to be similar to Throne runs in experience since Blizzard uses the same numbers for classic as they do expansion (a statistic setup that acts like a design flaw). This way they don't use two totally different sets of numbers for each game type, but expansion makes it faster due to its superior gear.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
the problem i have with those top two or top three things is that they usually get baal exp + at least one uses pickit to steal all stuff so i just quit the game immediatly after minions so they get less xp :p

or i try to compete with them if i play my 96 light sorc (sometimes i succeed and they get all mad ^^)

Noite Escura

Diabloii.Net Member
Chaos Sanctuary has three specific monster types, always, and two of them are undead. If you have maximum fire resistance, decent other resistances and aren't a melee character, you should be able to slaughter everything in the CS. As for experience, that speed may help a Thaaretic as long as you don't get mana sapped by finger mages, and CS is designed to be similar to Throne runs in experience since Blizzard uses the same numbers for classic as they do expansion (a statistic setup that acts like a design flaw). This way they don't use two totally different sets of numbers for each game type, but expansion makes it faster due to its superior gear.
Hmmm, it's common knowledge to people in the Classic forums that CS is alvl 78 on Classic. Can someone verify that?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm, it's common knowledge to people in the Classic forums that CS is alvl 78 on Classic. Can someone verify that?
Indeed it is. This is the reason it is virtually impossible to get the last few levels in classic.

About the pickit issue, one does NOT have to be a high level character to use that, it's just as annoying for the highlevel people when all the typically lvl 65-ish noobs (yes, I just used the noob term on purpose) burst into the chamber, some idiot manages to get last blow, and all the items are gone in 1/1000th of a second.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
On the original issue, the amount of expirience baal gives depends a lot on who gets last hit, IIRC, and THAT is the real reason for makin baal parties. Like if a level 20 (that can't get there anyway) was to make the kill, then the exp would be horrible because of the level difference.

RTB tried to explain this once, when I was the one asking. I didn't understand too well, so guess his explaination wasn't up to his standard ;)