Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal VS Pits

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Takis, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Baal VS Pits

I made 50 runs to Baal and the Pits and here are my MF results and who’s the better run.

First off a little information about the way I ran them and the character I used.
    I used a Paladin with about 425 MF and I ran Baal (players 3) and the Pits (players 8) on every game, exited the game and ran the Pits and Baal again. I ran only those 50 times.

Here are the results:

Baal:
    135 Uniques
    70 Set Items

Pits:
    50 Uniques
    30 Set Items

Now here where it gets a little crazy

WSK & Throne of destruction (Without Baal)

48 Uniques
    29 Set Items

Pits:
    50 Uniques
    30 Set Items

As you can see if you take Baal out of the equation the drops are about the same.

Now for the big surprise. Obviously Baal is the better dropper, but if you count the Elite Unique Items only here are the results.

Baal:
    Thunder maul
    Luna
    IKSC

Pits:
    Hydra Bow (Windforce)
    Shako
    Monarch
    Vampirebone gloves

In summary, Baal is better but percentage wise the pits yielded more Elite’s . The IKSC was dropped on the 50th run to Baal and made him respectable in the Elite Drops Category.

Of course this is just a one man’s sample, and you can’t really make anything of this because of so many variables. Like your Merc and the MF on him, how many did he actually kill in the melee, or map seed and it’s tendencies to drop certain items, etc.

Also 50 runs are not enough to give you a complete picture, you’ll need at least 500 runs. So if you do make a run at those two places, e-mail me the results and I’ll post them when we get 500 runs in.

Takis (El_Greco)

[email protected]

2. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

Nice comparison Takis. I think the determining factor here would be kill time. I know I personally dont like running Baal because of the time involved. It takes my zon ~6 min on P1 and ~10 min on P4 to clear the Pit. For Baal it's at LEAST double that because Baal is so defensive.
    *.02 contribution done ;) *

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

agre!

would be nice to se some numbers on 5hours spent in the pit compared to 5 hours from baal runs :)

4. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

wow...i need to experiement more..you guys find awesome stuff during your experiments

5. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

It took me about the same time to do both. That's why I ran Ball on Players 3 and Pits on Players 8. WSK level 2 is a pretty good run but Level 3 is very short on my map before you get top the Throne of Destruction.

Also I have a very long Pit run, but my drops have been very good lately so I don't want to change the map seed.

Takis (El_Greco)

6. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Well I am doing something very similar but doing 100 runs on each... I have done over 60 so far for each... Time is not as much of a factor as a Baal run is taking me on average 9 minutes while a P8 Pit runs is taking me about 6-7 minutes on average. I hope to post the final results this week sometime.

7. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Though Windforce is super-cool, Baal dropped two rare TC 87 items, which, by this comparison, makes him better for the higher-TC items. Though this is a good comparison, you must keep in mind that act bosses have huge quality bonuses over random uniques in the pit. Alongside that, a larger number of runs is needed to draw some sort of conclusion. I can't wait to see SincereX13's results.

EDIT: Silly me! :teeth: I didn't see the last part of your post, making half of mine obsolete. Please completely ignore it :). Anyways, I was going to suggest that more people do comparisons of these runs and someone could post the results of many people's worth of runs and many results - maybe then we can make a real comparison.

8. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

EDIT: I'm very stupid tonight - I accidentally double-posted. Please forgive me :(

9. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

IMO, zons are not the best Baal runners UNLESS they utlize a CB setup, similar, if not exactly the same as the CBmancer modifications. Even if you have CB with your box/x-bow, the CB is 1/2 of what it would be if you going melee.

Great comparison everyone. Keep it up and maybe we can get a difinitive MF guide in the FAQ's based on these empirical results. Also, call me optimistic, but I think at least a 1000 runs of each should be done, if not more for proper comparison.

crg

10. StellarDust

StellarDust IncGamers Member

Personally, I like the pit better. I play a Javazon a large portion of the time that I'm mfing, and the pit is easier for her than WSK since you won't have to have high resists for OKs and Gloams and you won't have to worry about being IM'd before jabbing lightning immunes. I think if you have high enough MF, killing normal monsters pay off a lot more than trying to get to Baal since there will be a lot of rare/set items along the way (not to mention the better chance of getting high runes). I also play on HC only and pit is much safer than WSK. Of course, my opinions are highly biased due to what I play, since I would think that Baal would be better if you have a very good Sorceress/Necromancer.

11. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

If anyone feels like doing the WS K runs for 5 hours today, i can do the Pits.

My Ama packs ~700MF and does a Pittie in ~2-3 mins.
    But she struggles with Baal . . .

How many players should we (maybe) do this on?

12. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove IncGamers Member

probably a complete wsk run (wsks + throne + baal) is the better, if you don't paying much attention on the time factor - to play occasionally actually. on the other hand you have to be suited to do wsk runs efficiently though. i personally like those ones better.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

13. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

On a lighter note, I ran Ancient Tunnels 25 times consecutively and got absolutely NOTHING! NATTA! ZERO! CAPOOT! No Unique or Set Items.

I also ran the Mausoleum 25 times consecutively, unfortunately I only got 2 low level Unique and 1 set item.

Takis (El_Greco)