Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal runs?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cives, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Cives

Cives IncGamers Member

Baal runs?

Was wondering what people consider to be the best charceter for running Baal. I currently have a lvl 85 summon/bone necro but Its often dangerous since all my gear is based around MF. Ive hear things about Hammerdins or Sorceresses, etc. Any additional info would be appreciated.

2. woundead

woundead IncGamers Member

I think I good outfitted(enigma) Hammerdin is the best baalrunner.

3. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

best choice is hammerdin (tho they are an expensive built). Re equipment: Maras, enigma, hoz, hoto, arachnid, soj or bk rings, combat gcs, anni.

4. Cives

Cives IncGamers Member

im not worried about cost, but if im gonna do ball runs do i want any more mf besides enigma?

5. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

I use a light/cold sorc for my Baal runs and she does wonderfully.

I don't use Enigma, but Tal's armor/ammy/belt. All up, she carries 469% mf very comfortably without having to resort to nonsense like switching to a 4-Isted shield or having merc get the final stab. Could squeeze over 500 from charms, but what's the point really?

Once she reaches the throne room, it usually takes less than 3 minutes to finish Baal and his minions off. The only danger and delay comes from being unlucky enough to have some real undead nasties spawn with Horadrim Ancients lurking around.

But my sorc is highly gear dependent and I suspect her a$$ will get kicked very often without my merc's inifnity polearm.

I have never tried a hammerdin, but I do not believe a well-equipped/used sorc is inferior to one.

Chain lightning works wonderfully for Baal runs.

teck

6. Cives

Cives IncGamers Member

yea its still a great debate im having with myself.

any other opinions?

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The Worldstone Keep is pretty much always dangerous if you strap a lot of MF gear on..but of course some characters are better than others.

Skellymancer
    Javazon
    Traps Assasin
    Wind Druid

These are my prime candidates...Having a minion(s) really helps out and makes it much less dangerous, the above also have quite good killing power. If you can get the really good gear Sorceresses and Hammerdins deal so much damage that they can also do very well, but with standard equipment + MF equipment it can be quite difficult.

8. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

If you have the gear, Usamamancer is very good. Skellies + merc make you safe, and Poison Nova + skellies (with might and thorns) kill very fast.

9. rg_22uk

rg_22uk IncGamers Member

I run a hammerdin for baal but do not have enigma. With full resists and holy shield on you can run (using vigor to boost the speed) through WSK 2+3 then straight through to the throne.

Keep your max damage gear on until you've beaten the waves of minions and then taken baal down to a sliver of life (very easy with hammers as you just let them go one by one to know exactly how much life to being taken). Then a quick tp to town, load him up with magic find and then tp back and kill. You wont need a merc either as you will be able to kill everything easily enough.

Not as quick as running diablo though using the same technique.

10. Hisupmalik

Hisupmalik IncGamers Member

Auradin is one of the most expensive builds, However it is probably the best for Baal runs. as u teleport through wsk 2-3, you don't have to stop and kill them, but you do get exp from killing everything in the keeps. Then you just stand near the entrance for the throne room. Then run through the portal and with one click with 20 in vengeance kills Baal. Fairly OP.

11. Hisupmalik

Hisupmalik IncGamers Member

But by the time you get all the gear needed (runes especially) youll be at like 89 already.