Baal Runnin

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Baal Runnin

Hey all, I was just wondering how fast a Baal run should take. I did one last night (/players 1), and it took me 38 minutes with my Poison/Fishymancer (clvl 89)! :tongue: I figured that I could get in at least 60-70 Pindle runs in that same amount of time with my Blizzballer.

I pretty much cleared out WSK2, WSK3, and the throne room. Does my time seem really slow? Should I use a Hammerdin instead of a Fishy for WSK? My DII time is very limited so I need to make the most of it when I have it.

Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. And, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see different ppls average run times, char-type, and clvl. :smiley:

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
Generally if you are Baal running for exp then you skip WSK 2 & 3, clear the throne and kill Baal.

A good time would be anywhere from 3 - 4 minutes, and that depends on what spawns in the Throne.

Ayla my 99 Bliz sorc could clear a run in 3 1/2 minutes average, but had to abort alot of runs due to unfriendly spawns.

Julius my oh so near 99 hammerdin can clear a run in 3 1/2 minutes also, though it doesn't matter what spawns as he mows everything down.

I've never played as either a sorceress or necromancer, but as I understand it, necromancers are going to be reliable, but slow killers.

The general opinion seems to be to run bosses using sorcs, and use a necro (or LF amazon...yay!) to clear the pits.

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Cool, you guys are saying the same things that I've heard. But, I guess the title is a little misleading as my focus isn't Baal -- it's the level 85 areas of WSK2, WSK3, and the throne room. Killing Baal is just the cherry on top (as Nightfish would put it).

I'd like to get an idea of what an average time for running these areas + killing Baal should be.

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
On P1, when I used to play my Skellimancer (years ago), I used to clear in about 5 minutes, maybe a bit more. Seeing as it was so long ago, my memory might not be so good. Full clear on P1 of WSK2, WSK3, Throne, and Baal.

I can probably do it in half that time with my Blizzballer or Trapsin, but I haven't done WSK runs in years.

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
in the WSK are too many poison imunes. that can slow your run a lot as skletons for a poisonmancer are only like a meat shield. i did faster runs with a fishy.a corpse amp CE CE CE and it's done a full area.

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
I take 13min to do full clear in WSK 2, 3, thorn and baal, with my fishy...
I know it is slow... I only do that when I bored with pindle....

Previously I used LF/FA to do the same run, but I have to revive my merc at least 2 times per run... Of couse my gear are not that good, as I just started to play 2 months ago...

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
With a Summoner usually OKs and PI Hell Tempresses are a pain as they slow the kill speed or kill your merc and hence slow your runs. My times vary from 15-30 mins during full clears, some on p3 and some on p1. By packing 425MF with decent kill has netted good results with uniques and sets though

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Great, thanks guys for all your input.

Although, I'm surprised that no Hammerdin players have chimed in to tell me my 38 minutes was sloth-like. :scratch:

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Omg, your char-type? Average time? That hammerdin average time continues to elude me. anyone... anyone... Bueller... Bueller...

Oh well, thanks for the input anyhow. I guess I'll just have to build one up and see for myself.

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
Since you really want to know, i just took my hammerdin through the WSK 2, 3, and Throne killing everything I could find and then killed Baal, all on /players1.

Total run time = just under 6 minutes

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen people vary their players settings for different WSK areas.

I've heard - all in the same run - p8 for some of the waves, down to p3-5 for Lister and company and then p3 for Baal because the exp for Baal at p3 is the same at p8, or so i've heard. Haven't actually checked the XP for that scenario yet.

So, judging briefly from some of the responses in this thread most people do p1 baal runs?

I know that P8 Hammerdin Baal runs is possible ... but it's tough on your merc unless you're good at positioning ... of course, Enigma is also preferable for the tele positioning aspect too. Cursed, ranged boss packs will also decimate you and your merc on p8 in the WSK.

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
So, judging briefly from some of the responses in this thread most people do p1 baal runs?
I think there is a big difference from what this thread calls Baal running and Running Baal. RibGriller is looking at running the WSK in the same way you'd run the Pits or Ancient Tunnels or any other 85 area.

Whereas, what I consider Baal Running is to gain exp, and for that WSK 2 & 3 are redundant as you skip them to just clear the throne and kill Baal as quickly as possible. That sort of running is done at /p8 (/p3 for Baal, because, yes /p3 Baal gives the same exp as /p8 Baal).

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Bill, Grogs clarified my mistake in the thread title. But, I'll still hold onto that information gladly. :thumbsup:

It may be time to break out the Vex for Hoto, and the HoZ!