Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal Runner

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SoulPaw, Apr 24, 2005.

1. SoulPaw

SoulPaw IncGamers Member

Baal Runner

Is a CL/Orb sorce good for hell baal runs?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

could work just fine if you have equip for it. There are no monsters that are immune to both those elements on the way (except for occasional bosses), and iirc, the only guys that are cold immunes are the skeleton mages from the second wave, which CL should be able to take care of pretty well.
    Guess it could work

3. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

Reading what LorveN said, it sounds like its gonna work, but if it doesn't, there are always the fail proof hammerdin and summon necro. well, hammerdin requires modest gear and some skill to run baal, but skellimancer IS failproof.

4. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

not if u are too weak to kill a monster in the first place...cant raise skele's from nothing ;)

5. LorveN

act1? one point in IM, and a clay golem. Carvers die in notime.
    or a merc?
    or do pindle quest, and you have more than you ever can raise ;)

6. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Better yet - a bone/summon necro :p My main item runner this ladder season and yes the garden at pindle gives free minions hehe. Also after baal you could just solo hell cows with 12 cows, 12 skellies, golem and might merc amp+CE for a BBQ hehe.

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Better yet - a bone/summon necro :p He generates corpses so fast with minions+ magical dmg and leaves a great red mess entire screen :p My main item runner this ladder season and yes the garden at pindle gives free minions hehe. Also after baal you could just solo hell cows with 12 cows, 12 skellies, golem and might merc amp+CE for a BBQ hehe. Or go anywhere u fancy in hell with no immunity problems :D

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Clay + Merc is enough, provided the merc has decent gear. Mine has a crown of thieves, a +4 ariocs needle and some rare archon plate with 1200-something defense, and I just go whereever I want to go and let my merc do the first few kills there. I'm only a bit more careful when I start in WSK, since depending on the monster roll they could overpower my merc.

Mercs are far better than they look, and with clay and amp damage they produce initial kills very quickly --- and each kill means a skeleton, so he won't be on his own for very long.

Also, letting him kill stuff on his own gives him a lot of opportunities to perform his aura attack.

9. LorveN

though, i prefer not to let the merc go alone hunting skellie-corpses. If swarmed by monsters, they sometimes cant cope with it, especially if some superunique comes by.
    Clay golems can take incredible amounts of damage, and with a point in summon resist, they can even (for a while) tank lightning enhanceds.
    But then, of course, a combination of golem and merc means you will not have to use IM, so a plain Amp will make even a rather weak merc generate the first corpse out of some carver.
    I prefer not going the bone route, since it requires some points in synergies before you get any real damage. (that is, if you not use marrowalk bug... then a point in BoneSpear is enough to get started)