Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal run

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SpeedOfLight, Jun 11, 2005.

1. SpeedOfLight

SpeedOfLight IncGamers Member

Baal run

hi there. I want to make a build to make baal runs.what do you advise me?the build and the equipment with at least 300% mf and runs in about 5 to 10 minuts. i have a cold sorc but i depend on my merc to kill cold imunes.its a mess. tell me what you think.

2. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Considering Hell Act 5 is (other than the cow level, I suppose, but that's just dull) the last part of the game, to master Hell Act 5 is, essentially, to master D2 PvM. To do so under 10 minutes consistently with that much MF? It's definitely possible, but not without godly gear.

But there are some builds that can clear this area quite well.

The summoning necromancer is slow but safe and reasonably effective even with MF gear.

The hammerdin faces no immunities and boasts great damage.

The lightning trapsin is also moderately safe and has MB, SM, DS (which casts CE) to handle LI monsters.

The wind druid, for a caster that has to get in very close range with the enemy, is a very stable character, thanks to Cyclone Armor, minions and Oak Sage.

Wow, I sound like the manual. I guess my point is that you probably need good gear to ensure safe, quick baal running. If that's not possible, I recommend other places, such as meph, the pit, pindle, etc.

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I'd disagree with esso here. Depending on how rich you are I think I could come up with at least 2 builds per character that could do the job you ask so I'm not even going to list them. ;) And by "rich" I don't mean that you need a stormlash or anything, just a few base things NM meph could have dropped.

Personally I'd advise to at least partially clear WS K 2 & 3 and the throne of destruction, though, since that's more efficient than just TPing to baal's minions.

Here's a short addendum to WS K running I posted for my necromancer guide. The basic concept remains the same even if you use other builds.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349147

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

On a good map, my fishy's can do 10 minute P1 baal runs.
    A blizz/FB sorc or meteorb can definitely meat your requirements, my blizz can do it in about 5 minutes if its all P1, if i do minions and baal at P3 (do them for EXP mainly) it takes a little longer.

5. SpeedOfLight

i'm thinking about meteor orb...i have a death fathom with a +4/-5 equiped.in total it gives me +34 cold damage.i can use taly armor ,belt, amulet and shako.the rest of the items is for mf.does it kill the minions and baal in 3p quickly?

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

A Tals MeteOrb is one of the cheapest builds gear wise that can run Baal effectively. Mine does a players 1 run in about 7 minutes (Baal at players 3 of course) a full players 3 run takes a minute or two longer. The only real pain is Lister who can spawn FI/CI. She can do players 8 rus as well though they probably take 12-15 minutes. I can't really remember.

My gear setup is Tals set, Rhyme Luna, War Travelers, Fortuitous ring of fortune, SOJ, Chancies. So other than the SOJ nothing too tough to come across.

7. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

My enigma hammerdin does it consistently in the 3 minute range when looking for items (skip wsk 2 & 3 and most of throne room, kill everything on p1 and then baal on p3), and I think Mankey would tell you the same thing about his hammerdin. Without enigma, my runs were just under 5 minutes each. IMO 10 minutes is only acceptable if you're clearing boss packs on wsk 2 & 3; if you can't clear the throne room, minions, and baal in ~5 minutes you're wasting your time.

As for builds that can pull that off, a fishy with teleport is probably the safest and cheapest (if you're using Naj's for tele) on low player settings and can carry the most MF. The absolute fastest would have to be a teleporting hammerdin/windy or a blizz sorc with a godly merc.

8. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

yeah my blizz sorc could do fast runs, and all you need is a might merc with a good weapon, the only thing you can't blizz away are OK's(reset when this happens, as you find out in 15 seconds) and the 2nd set of minions, and that shouldn't take you to long(leave them at P1) for the rest of the minions you can turn it up to p6 while using ful tals set easily. My hammerdin is slightly slower but would still meet your requirements, and he doesnt use enigma, the most expensive items he has is hoto, hoz, soj

9. SpeedOfLight

kabal if i have a enigma... :lol:
    fodder my bliz sorc do as yours :) ~
    i think i'll do a meteor orb or a lightning sentry assassin.thz all for the opinions. :thumbsup:

10. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

You sure do have some nice gear (perfect fathom, mang's)

Damn you people with enigmas! *Goes off to do LK run #811*

11. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I average 5 minute runs with 400% mf, and that includes resets, 500% for baal on switch. and probably 8 for my hammerdin, my meteorb averages closer to 8 also just so you know, I think that blizz is alot better for baal runs.

12. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

I was doing 6-8 mins with out the enigma before (mind you @ P8 for the minions -> p3 for baal himself)

With enigma it's right around 4 mins give or take a min and once again minions on p8 -> baal on p4 now.

Part a) is your build what can clear the throne of destruction FAST?

Part b) is your map. and Mine is damn near perfect... Which is why he hasn't mped in months *sigh* :(

Naturally this is a personal choice though, since many love the meteorb sorc for just about everything, but she didn't meet my requirements for the running.

13. San

San IncGamers Member

Umm.. Am I a total n00b, doing baal-runs with my hammerdin, at players 8?

Mf is about 270, and nearly 400 on switch.. Though I've been doing meph more now, cos it takes about ten minutes to kill baal ,with two trips to town to get more potions (no leech is not cool)... And Lister is not nice, can't tank them, so I have to divide them into ones and twos.. smite really helps, with +skills the stun-duration isn't bad at all. Meph-runs are much safer, and faster, but I dunno, which should I run?
    Resists are 80-75-85-75, and PDR 10.

14. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Well, I have never timed my baal runs, But I figure that Im do ok with my hammerdin.

Vigor is one of the synergies of BH. I just switch on the vigor aura and simply run thru the WSK level 2 & 3 and right into the main throne room which I clear out and then set for the five waves.

I found that you can get into trouble with a teleporting soser as you could teleport into the middle of a pack of monsters and get hit/block locked up and either die or have to leave the game.

I used to do baal runs with my tals forb/meteor with more mf, but I found that the running hammerdin is safer, even if it is a little bit slower.

BTW speed of light. Im surprised that a person who does so much trading of good items has never done baal runs. You must be sick of pindle by now surely?

15. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I timed my baal run with my fishymancer (no teleport)

Without full clean WSK, start @P1, just kill everything on my way (pretty good WSK map I have), full clean throne room, then switch to P3 on baal. I can do under 10min depending on what random monsters on the way.

full clean takes 20mins (30 min at worst combo)

Consider he is HC and with ultimate safety, I'm pretty happy with his slow timing.

16. SpeedOfLight

i've counted all the seconds to do a baal run with my bliz sorc and i made 3,23 sec with p1 on the minions and p3 in baal.it seems good.now i trust more in my bliz sorc thanks to fodder. :thumbsup: i've made a lightning sentry assassin but i don't know what equipment to use.could you help me?