Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal party MF runs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by daneBO, May 16, 2008.

1. daneBO

daneBO IncGamers Member

Baal party MF runs

I am sure this question has been answered before, but I have been doing a lot of MF runs during public Baal games. I can usually do Meph and almost kill Andy before the party stops dropping out of the game. Are the drops calculated by the number of people in the party when Andy spawns or how many are still in the party when she dies? thanks,

2. fauxgtfour

fauxgtfour IncGamers Member

Re: Baal party MF runs

For super uniques (i.e. andy, meph, duriel, etc.) the # of drops is not dependent on the number of people in the game. The drop number changes for regular monsters, so running cows/ pits / chaos during public baal games because then the 8 people in game greatly increase number of drops.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

However, Andy, Duri, Meph, D and B aren't superuniques, but act bosses, so they WILL drop more items with more people in the game. And some superuniques (Griswold, Blood Raven, Summoner, Countless, etc) will also drop more items with more players in the game. All "regular" superuniques will always drop 2 items and 4 potions though.

The nodrop chance, as it's called, is set when the act boss spawns, and then increases if people leave (meaning more no-drops, which means less items). The nodrop cannot be lowered once the boss is spawned, though.

4. fauxgtfour

fauxgtfour IncGamers Member

:embarassed: Lesson of the day: noobs shouldn't post. Sigh.

Thanks for the correction helvete.

5. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Keep in mind though, the chance to get stuff to drop grows much slower than the competition for those items, so for MF you're always best off soloing no matter what you're running, even if you can trust your party. As long as you can actually clear areas that drop good items, of course ;)

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

A party of two trusted friends can run baal and meph for their first~drops in the same game, and if they're effective, the item drops should make up for the hassle. Requires one person to change character and rejoin, though.