Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal Minion waves 81 Mete/Orb Sorc

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ghash, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Ghash

Ghash Diabloii.Net Member

I'm really struggling with wave 4 and I'm just going to assume wave 5 will be worse.

I'm 81, as title says and my current set up I'm 29 fire skills and 28 cold skills.

Meteor maxed, FB maxed and firebolt at 9. 26 in fire mastery. Orb is maxed with only 9 in cold mastery.

I deal just around 0 damage to anything on wave 4, they're immune to poison but it feels like they're immune to literally everything I throw at them. I'm on players 1, I've checked it 50 times, I don't remember them being unstoppable super Gods, though ladder is a completely different animal.

I though it might be my gear, but it's truely decent enough, or so I thought. Maybe it's my mastery allocation? Or just the spec in general? I'm lost, I've tried everything I can think of, aside from respecing 55 times, lol.

[​IMG]
    Eschutals/Spirt Lore helm, Vipermagi, IK belt, 2 FC rings, Seraphs (have FC/resistance ammy as well) magefists and sandstorms treks

2. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,

Your skills look good enough and the equipment is fine too. Here what I can think of:

* Lure them away from the throne (about middle of the hall) so you/merc won't be under decrep
    * Clear the level and use orb while retreating in order to seperate them
    * Keep the merc ahead and while they focus on him use static few time to weaken them a bit. Try to reach level 12-13 on this skill and even consider to respec if your skill level is too low
    * Try to use holy freeze merc to slow them down a bit
    * Good merc weapon for baal runs is Reaper Toll (if you have one)

Good luck with the waves!

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

1. You're a little low level for Throne Room runs. I'd run Eldritch / Shenk / Pindleskin for another five - six levels or so. Should go very quickly.

2. Glacial Spike is your friend - spray it around to freeze the minions, Static Field them halfway down, Glacial Spike them again, then Frozen Orb. The Wave Four minions are Poison Immune, but also have a very high resistance to fire.

Good luck!

Southpaw8668 and mir like this.
  4. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

I don't recall ladder and non-ladder monsters having different stats. Is that a thing?

5. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Lower Resist Wand on switch could help.

6. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

Nope. Only the player settings alters monster stats. The OP might be thinking about mega demons from uber izual's area which are immune to pretty much everything.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  7. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Meteorb is a fun build to play, but will never be one of the better runners for throne. As said waves 4 and 5 are highly immune and totally immune to fire. So that leaves FO and while it's a fun and decent skill to use, it lacks the raw power something like blizzard has.

Given that, it can still run throne reliably. As also said, static helps a ton. Besides that good gear obviously helps. And something that hasn't been mentioned: A good merc. That goes for both the items it's using, but equally so for it's lvl. Since you're relatively low lvl monsters have a good chance to hit your merc. So he'll be having a hard time staying alive and taking the punches for you. It makes a ton of difference if you can get him to early 90's (or even higher). In short: Don't neglect the merc!

Other stuff like LR wand could help, but it's quite the hassle shuffling all that stuff around and personally i prefer a BO on switch given the choice.

8. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Ladder and single player monsters DO have more life than non-ladder ones. Unless something changed in 1.13 (which I only played very sporadically online).

It would appear that the synergy for Orb, ice bolt, has been neglected. IIRC, the last wave is fire immune, so they will be even worse. LR wand on switch, Holy Freeze merc has been mentioned, as have leveling a bit more before taking on Baal minions. These are all very good ideas. Perhaps delirium on merc for the confuse proc.

9. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

@Cyrax: He probably doesn't have CTA or I'd assume it would already be his switch weapon.

10. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, it would be necessary to kill the boss last in this case.

11. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Could be. I don't know his chars. Just thought i'd mention it. :)